Spectacular Member

Default Any good comics with the high energy,"let's just do it bc cool" vibe of the 90s?

Hey everyone,

first i don't know if this is the right space for the question because the forum seems to be lacking a real "overall comics" - section.

I watched a documentary about the founding of Image and one thing that i really liked about the founders (there are sure things you can critice about them or their methods, but this discussion is not about these topics) was the feeling of fun and youthful energy they seemed to bring to their titles. They made things, because they wanted to to it and thought it was cool.

But i also know, that most titles from this era didn't age well or weren't good to begin with. But are there exceptions? Are there good titles that represent this "high octane, silly action movie full of ideas and cool things" - title?

The only one i can think of is Grant's JLA, which manages to combine this feeling with depth or the idea of depth. Are there any others?

- and read some of the

It seems that a lot of the current crowdfunding up-and-comer comics are based in that spirit. Unfortunately due to ideological differences we're not allowed to talk about most of them here.

A good number of them seem to have a lot of Creative Energy and fun as their main intent so there is some of that 80's 90's style wackiness. Maybe do a Google search for some of them.

Personally I like that this Avenue exists to give comic creators who otherwise might not have the chance the opportunity to give us this kind of content. Unfortunately the drawback of crowdfunding is that you are paying kind of a lot for each single issue, and each issue takes months to come out. So until these guys are able to form their own company and get like a reliable publishing serviced going it's going to be kind of a slog waiting for their work to keep coming out.

Lobo: Portrait of a Bastich