Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Superior Spider-Man #1 review and spoilers

BANNED

Nice to see Otto still being a huge but lovable douchbag. Can't wait to see what they do with Otto in this series, especially with his relationship with Anna Maria.

Is it got me or are the black webs new? Either way I am digging it. The only thing I don't really like are his web shooters, too plain looking? I guess.

Can't wait to read it.

This looks great; Otto's tone is perfect and the art is solid. I believe his new alias of Prof Elliott Tolliver is supposedly another name jumbled but darn if I can't figure it out. Does anyone know or am I off base on that?

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    This looks great; Otto's tone is perfect and the art is solid. I believe his new alias of Prof Elliott Tolliver is supposedly another name jumbled but darn if I can't figure it out. Does anyone know or am I off base on that?
    On the name, Slott explained it in the Amazing Spider-Man #800 thread. elliOT TOlliver. Pretty clever if you ask me.
    Last edited by GSman; 12-21-2018 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    On the name, Slott explained it in the Amazing Spider-Man #800 thread. elliOTT TOlliver. Pretty clever if you ask me.
    Ah, that's it....an extra "T" but still pretty cool; thanks!!

On another note now that it looks as though Marvel is committed to this new direction and title for Otto (and I hope it succeeds as it looks pretty great), might it be time to either reintroduce Lady Ock or somehow bring a new Doc Ock into Spidey's world? It's too good a visual character and physical match for Spidey to just leave in mothballs indefinitely.....

If there is one thing that I loved in Slott's run, it's the whole superior spider-man stuff, and I hope it's here to stay, because Otto has Superior is so much fun.

STILT-MAN!

This book is already cash money. My son Otto already rocking that smokin' sick style. Gage and Hawthorne can just take my wallet now.

Hope this sells well. I want to see Otto's douchebaggy journey to its completion.

Astonishing Member

Looking forward to this as a big fan of the Superior Spider-Man!

Astonishing Member

I pre-ordered this a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Is it got me or are the black webs new? Either way I am digging it. The only thing I don't really like are his web shooters, too plain looking? I guess.

Can't wait to read it.
    I hadn't thought about it, but you're right the web shooters are a little plain especially for a guy whose claim to fame is giving himself extra limbs whenever he gets the chance.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I do wonder though, in light of Peter and Otto making peace, or at least having a working truce going on, why does Otto want to be Spider-Man now that he has his clean slate?

Like marketting it makes complete sense, since the book sold like gangbusters and somewhere along the line, the creative team/office walked back on Otto going back to being Doc Ock.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.