Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    She could finally wake up from that coma she's been in all this time. That might be an interesting twist, Superior Spider-Man versus Superior Spider-Woman, maybe?
    Has she been in a coma too? Or were you thinking of Stunner? Geeze, if she's in a coma too, Doc Ock's love interests have a coma problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Otto is still the same arrogant guy as ever, but now it seems he's more willing to admit he's not absolutely perfect, and he isn't being wanked since himself and Anna mention his screw ups ...
    Er...whuh?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Has she been in a coma too? Or were you thinking of Stunner? Geeze, if she's in a coma too, Doc Ock's love interests have a coma problem.
    Yeah, seriously. That's where she ended up after her arc as the evil Spider-Woman created by Doctor Octopus finished up, as a result of Mattie absorbing all the Spider-Women's powers from Charlotte after Charlotte drained Jessica's and Julia's (and Madame Web's).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah, seriously. That's where she ended up after her arc as the evil Spider-Woman created by Doctor Octopus finished up, as a result of Mattie absorbing all the Spider-Women's powers from Charlotte after Charlotte drained Jessica's and Julia's (and Madame Web's).
    I think she's been around since.

Lady Octopus has been hired by Walter Declun (a former member of Damage Control) to assist Absorbing Man, Hydro-Man, Killer Shrike, a Mandroid, Porcupine II, and Rock to defend him from Black Panther and the Fantastic Four after they uncovered his plot to destabilize all of Wakanda on Doctor Doom's behalf. Walter Declun also upgraded their technological equipment in order to perform the job.[15]
    Lady Octopus was later seen shortly before the Siege of Asgard when she went on a rampage in New York only to be defeated by Mockingbird and Ro
    From her wiki.

But really infrequent, all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I think she's been around since.

From her wiki.

But really infrequent, all the same.
    Uh-huh, though I was referring to Charlotte Witter, the evil Spider-Woman created by Doctor Octopus in the Byrne/Mackie relaunch, not Carolyn Trainer/Lady Octopus.

God, it really is an Octo-harem.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    And they say Spider-Man/Peter Parker is a magnet for women.

She could finally wake up from that coma she's been in all this time. That might be an interesting twist, Superior Spider-Man versus Superior Spider-Woman, maybe?
    Well, no need to go for "Superior" angle for her, but yeah.

She could also have her powers retconned a bit to be less lame, namely the "Think about nothing and you beat her" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bomaya View Post
    Er...whuh?
    Let's just say that I detested the way Otto's character was being over-praised during the original Superior Spider-Man run, namely at the end how the story tries to make him look just tragic, even though he's a colossal douchebag, and during the next ASM run, Spidey held no grudges on Otto because he helped Aunt May... And Peter only makes a brief mention of the horrible things Otto did, and he talked like they didn't really matter, even though Peter himself got really pissed at other people for far less.

Yes that was long ago, but I'm carefuly wary of the character because of it lol.

And they say Spider-Man/Peter Parker is a magnet for women.
    Perks of having Spider-powers I guess, and then it'll eventualy backfire on him hilariously .

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    LMAO, Otto da player. Who would have thunk it?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Stilt Man being the first villain of this new series did not help to make this a comic book that I would buy.: p
    I find it a bit difficult to consider Stilt Man a cool antagonist to any character.
    But I did like the Superior Spider-Man stories and Terrax being the villain in the next issues makes me reconsider not picking this up after seeing Stilt Man was in the first issue.
    So next time I go to my LCS I will see if itīs still available.

Uh-huh, though I was referring to Charlotte Witter, the evil Spider-Woman created by Doctor Octopus in the Byrne/Mackie relaunch, not Carolyn Trainer/Lady Octopus.
    AH HA. I clearly misunderstood something.

Stilt-man's bit in issue 1 was funny. You;'re not supposed to take it seriously.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 01-01-2019 at 08:41 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Stilt Man being the first villain of this new series did not help to make this a comic book that I would buy.: p
    I find it a bit difficult to consider Stilt Man a cool antagonist to any character.
    But I did like the Superior Spider-Man stories and Terrax being the villain in the next issues makes me reconsider not picking this up after seeing Stilt Man was in the first issue.
    I wouldn't say Stilt Man is the first villain of the series. Yes, he's there but it's for about two pages - practically a cameo at best - and he's there mostly for Otto to deal with him quickly to show how little of a threat he poses to someone of Otto's abilities. Terrax is going to be the first real villain of the series, someone who's going to give Otto an actual challenge.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Spider-man just spent half an issue taking on the Enforcers and has the Big Man up next. I think Stilt Man can get a pass...lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    "Listen, I called this Avengers meeting to let everyone know that if there's a Spider-Man who's running around some other city acting like a total dick and yelling 'the die is cast' at people, that's actually Doctor Octopus."
    "So the Spider-Man in Houston - "
    "No, that was my clone."
    "What about the Spider-Man in Las Vegas?"
    "No, that was ANOTHER clone. Or maybe the clone who used to live in Houston."
    "And the Spider-Man with the Dark Avengers was...?"
    "That was either Mac Gargan or an evil South American spider-god as you VERY WELL KNOW, Hawkeye. You're just messing with me now!"
    "So if we see a Spider-Man, and it's not any of those other guys, or you, it's Doctor Octopus."
    "Yes! Obviously! Unless it's Miles, of course. Or Venom. Or Deadpool, or one of the guys who dresses like Deadpool if that's still a thing..."
    This is glorious. I wish you were a Marvel writer.

I didn’t want to like this issue, but darn if I didn’t love it by the end. Well done and looking forward to the next issue!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!