Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I wouldn't say Stilt Man is the first villain of the series. Yes, he's there but it's for about two pages - practically a cameo at best - and he's there mostly for Otto to deal with him quickly to show how little of a threat he poses to someone of Otto's abilities. Terrax is going to be the first real villain of the series, someone who's going to give Otto an actual challenge.
    Yeah. As I usually donīt read the previews of the comic books I am going to buy I just quickly looked at the preview and Stilt Man being in the first pages was peculiar. From all the villains of Marvel I was thinking, why would Stilt Man be the first villain of the Superior Spider-Man comic book.
    All though that dialog of Stilt Man saying to Otto that he had beat the real Spider-Man once is cool, I do like when the continuity of the stories gets mentioned and shows a good use of great characterization of the characters by the writer.
    I did skip picking up this comic book the last time in the Comic Book Shop but i will be for sure get a copy because the first villain being Terrax is quite interesting.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

I don't see Otto taking kindly to someone else using the Octopus name. Superior Octopus was supposed to be his "redemption", until Spidergeddon changed that. There's just no way he would allow that to happen, and the fool that tries would soon make an enemy of him. The die is cast!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    I don't see Otto taking kindly to someone else using the Octopus name. Superior Octopus was supposed to be his "redemption", until Spidergeddon changed that. There's just no way he would allow that to happen, and the fool that tries would soon make an enemy of him. The die is cast!
    Superior Octopus was never really going to be Otto's redemption because of that identity's association with the HYDRA takeover of America in Secret Empire, claims of brainwashing aside. That said, I would definitely agree that the return of Carolyn Trainer as Doctor/Lady Octopus would draw Otto's ire, and speaking of . . . what about Oliver Osnick, the Steel Spider? As a onetime admirer and emulator of Otto Octavius that switched to admiring and emulating Spider-Man, he'd be an interesting counterpoint to Otto's Superior Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Superior Octopus was never really going to be Otto's redemption because of that identity's association with the HYDRA takeover of America in Secret Empire, claims of brainwashing aside. That said, I would definitely agree that the return of Carolyn Trainer as Doctor/Lady Octopus would draw Otto's ire, and speaking of . . . what about Oliver Osnick, the Steel Spider? As a onetime admirer and emulator of Otto Octavius that switched to admiring and emulating Spider-Man, he'd be an interesting counterpoint to Otto's Superior Spider-Man.
    LOL I was thinking about Ollie Osnick. Would be great to see him interact with Otto as SSM.

LOL I was thinking about Ollie Osnick. Would be great to see him interact with Otto as SSM.
    The lack of Osnick in the original SSM run was a missed opportunity. It would have been fun to see him and SSM together and now we have a chance for that. I don't think he's been seen since 'Venom' bit his arm off in Dark Avengers, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    The lack of Osnick in the original SSM run was a missed opportunity. It would have been fun to see him and SSM together and now we have a chance for that. I don't think he's been seen since 'Venom' bit his arm off in Dark Avengers, yeah?
    And Otto is working on prosthetics...hmmm...

iMan 42s

What if that's the plan then?

Ollie lost his arm and Otto is working on prosthetic. Ollie gets a new arm and isn't Venom in the area now? Not the same Venom sure, but definitely the same symbiote. Peter generally is viewed as the mentor for Miles and so what if the same could be said for Otto and Ollie? Spider-man shows up with a new arm kind of emulating his initial inspiration and Ollie is rather intelligent himself leading to a collaboration. Maybe both in terms of heroics and personal life, something Ollie would be naturally better at.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member

I have already read the first issue of Superior Spider-Man.And i will be buying the next issue.
    Good story and art wise the art was great,looking forward to the get my copy of the next number.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    What if that's the plan then?

Ollie lost his arm and Otto is working on prosthetic. Ollie gets a new arm and isn't Venom in the area now? Not the same Venom sure, but definitely the same symbiote. Peter generally is viewed as the mentor for Miles and so what if the same could be said for Otto and Ollie? Spider-man shows up with a new arm kind of emulating his initial inspiration and Ollie is rather intelligent himself leading to a collaboration. Maybe both in terms of heroics and personal life, something Ollie would be naturally better at.
    I wonder...this new Otto may feel some guilt about Osnick's path emulating him. Maybe Otto would seek him out as a kind of restitution, something Parker didn't do.

I wonder...this new Otto may feel some guilt about Osnick's path emulating him. Maybe Otto would seek him out as a kind of restitution, something Parker didn't do.
    Does Ock even know Osnick exists? Have they even ever met? xD I don't actually know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Does Ock even know Osnick exists? Have they even ever met? xD I don't actually know.
    Yeah, they did. Oliver Osnick wanted to team up with Ock back in the older comics because he looked up to him, only to end up switching his admiration to Spider-Man after Ock made it clear that he was a villain undeserving of young Oliver's admiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, they did. Oliver Osnick wanted to team up with Ock back in the older comics because he looked up to him, only to end up switching his admiration to Spider-Man after Ock made it clear that he was a villain undeserving of young Oliver's admiration.
    But Oliver didn't actually meet Doc Ock in his first appearance. Spider-Man saved his life, so that's what impressed him. The issue ends with Doc Ock passing by a street and seeing that someone's throwing out pariphenalia related to him. He wasn't sure what was about, and didn't really care.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    But Oliver didn't actually meet Doc Ock in his first appearance. Spider-Man saved his life, so that's what impressed him. The issue ends with Doc Ock passing by a street and seeing that someone's throwing out pariphenalia related to him. He wasn't sure what was about, and didn't really care.
    Thanks for the correction. So I guess Otto would have no reason to seek Oliver out.

Can someone post a pic of Skein and Night Shift from this?

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Can someone post a pic of Skein and Night Shift from this?
    Only Macabre and Digger were in #1, but if you haven't seen Sybil from Superior Octopus--

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate