Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    That's a good question. How well known is it that Otto was the first Superior Spider-man. Peter made a point telling some of the heroes, and I suspect the " Superior"Sinister Six may have figured it out. It seems Otto has no qualms about publicly admitting he is the Superior Spider-man again, while "Elliot Tolliver" is the secret identity. This is gonna be fun...
    "Listen, I called this Avengers meeting to let everyone know that if there's a Spider-Man who's running around some other city acting like a total dick and yelling 'the die is cast' at people, that's actually Doctor Octopus."
    "So the Spider-Man in Houston - "
    "No, that was my clone."
    "What about the Spider-Man in Las Vegas?"
    "No, that was ANOTHER clone. Or maybe the clone who used to live in Houston."
    "And the Spider-Man with the Dark Avengers was...?"
    "That was either Mac Gargan or an evil South American spider-god as you VERY WELL KNOW, Hawkeye. You're just messing with me now!"
    "So if we see a Spider-Man, and it's not any of those other guys, or you, it's Doctor Octopus."
    "Yes! Obviously! Unless it's Miles, of course. Or Venom. Or Deadpool, or one of the guys who dresses like Deadpool if that's still a thing..."

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    "Listen, I called this Avengers meeting to let everyone know that if there's a Spider-Man who's running around some other city acting like a total dick and yelling 'the die is cast' at people, that's actually Doctor Octopus."
    "So the Spider-Man in Houston - "
    "No, that was my clone."
    "What about the Spider-Man in Las Vegas?"
    "No, that was ANOTHER clone. Or maybe the clone who used to live in Houston."
    "And the Spider-Man with the Dark Avengers was...?"
    "That was either Mac Gargan or an evil South American spider-god as you VERY WELL KNOW, Hawkeye. You're just messing with me now!"
    "So if we see a Spider-Man, and it's not any of those other guys, or you, it's Doctor Octopus."
    "Yes! Obviously! Unless it's Miles, of course. Or Venom. Or Deadpool, or one of the guys who dresses like Deadpool if that's still a thing..."
    honestly, with all their past doppelgänger shenanigans, the avengers should be used to this
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    I'm waiting for the Marvel Legends line for this, Superior Spider-man with Tolliver head alternate, Superior Octopus also with Tolliver alternate head, Anna Maria, maybe Dansen Macabre, the Brothers Grimm, Gypsy Moth, and a Max Modell build-a-figure LOL
    I hope we get a Titan Heroes Series (12 inches) Superior Spider-Man figure. He would go great with my collection (I pretty much have all the Marvel & DC heroes & villains, including the rather rare Deadpool, as well as many Star Wars Characters aside from Ghost Spider/Spider-Gwen as she is nearly impossible to find in stores, grrr).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

iMan 42s

To be completely honest, I'm kind of surprised Otto didn't go for a new look as Superior Spider-man to keep up the charade. Sure it doesn't have the blacked out eyes but he went from Superior Octopus to Superior Spider-man like nobody is really going to find that odd.

Y'know, Otto does have the capacity to generate all sorts of merch I'm kind of surprised their isn't more.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Spectacular Member

I'm curious about something that I've seen others wonder but not ask.. As someone who liked Superior Spider-Man for awhile but didn't care for the end, what's the selling point for this book? Just Superior Otto back in action? Otto getting back together with Anna Maria? Is it the fact some like an Anti Hero Spidey? I don't ask to be confrontational or a 'hater' Just curious to hear from fans of the character, moreso than I am ( I prefer Doc Ock as a Villian)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    I'm curious about something that I've seen others wonder but not ask.. As someone who liked Superior Spider-Man for awhile but didn't care for the end, what's the selling point for this book? Just Superior Otto back in action? Otto getting back together with Anna Maria? Is it the fact some like an Anti Hero Spidey? I don't ask to be confrontational or a 'hater' Just curious to hear from fans of the character, moreso than I am ( I prefer Doc Ock as a Villian)
    It's enjoyable to watch Otto try to be Spider-Man.

-Pav, who loves the fun-house mirror...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

All of them and seeing Superior Spider-Man trying to be a hero knowing his past. He's rude and arrogant yet I enjoy SpOck.

Astonishing Member

Christopher Yost's Superior Spider-Man is the benchmark, he wrote the character better than anybody.

It is fun to read about a ruthless anti-hero version of Spider-Man who often does as much harm as he does good. I also like watching Otto owning bad guys with his tech and superior (pun intended) but often times immoral strategies. In summation, Otto does things Peter understatedly never would which is why I love him.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-23-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It is fun to read about a ruthless anti-hero version of Spider-Man who often does as much harm as he does good. I also like watching Otto owning bad guys with his tech and superior (pun intended) but often times immoral strategies. In summation, Otto does things Peter understatedly never would which is why I love him.
    Does he not go far enough in that regard though? It seemed like Otto had softened to be better hero by the end of the superior run.. I totally get being into a ruthless anti-hero spider-man but I'm not sure if that's still the intention.

Does he not go far enough in that regard though? It seemed like Otto had softened to be better hero by the end of the superior run.. I totally get being into a ruthless anti-hero spider-man but I'm not sure if that's still the intention.
    But remember he lost most of those memories at the end of his original Superior Spider-Man run so he is more or less as he was at the start (in regards to mindset).

The original Otto who actually learned the lesson at the end about what it means to be a true hero and what being superior is really about is dead. The current one still has a ways to go, so this new book can have all the grease that made the original series so compelling while still keeping that original story intact as the beautiful, greasy burger it is. Ain't that wonderful?

BANNED

Slightly minor spoilers for the issue can be found on certain places at the moment.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 12-24-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The original Otto who actually learned the lesson at the end about what it means to be a true hero and what being superior is really about is dead. The current one still has a ways to go, so this new book can have all the grease that made the original series so compelling while still keeping that original story intact as the beautiful, greasy burger it is. Ain't that wonderful?
    I think, given that the current Otto passed through his own body, it could be argued he's more the real deal than the one from original SSM. But I will always maintain that getting hung up if the 'original Otto' is alive or dead is just worrying about the wrong things. This is Otto Octavius until they tell us otherwise. xD

For me, the appeal is the villainisms. In the original SSM, when Otto stormed Kingpin's Shadowlands, cackling like a villain over the coms, all the while liberating people who lived in terror in its, er, shadow, I felt like that was one of the best examples of what made SSM so good. Giant robots! Henchmen! Proactivity!

And Otto being an utterly humorless douchebag while still managing to be hilarious precisely BECAUSE he's an utterly humorless douchebag. xD
    Last edited by Tendrin; 12-24-2018 at 09:12 AM.

I consider him to be a real deal. it's never been spoken outright. but I think there is a cosmic asset tracking team making sure that any artificial form brought to life is given a barcode tied to the original form's soul.