Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

uuuuugh cast my die daddy elliot tolliver
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

I can't wait to see all the villains Doc brutally dealed (like the Superior 6 and Blackout) to return looking for revenge.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Good issue,but i would prefered if he stayed in his "Superior Octopus" guise.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I can't wait to see all the villains Doc brutally dealed (like the Superior 6 and Blackout) to return looking for revenge.
    That would be an excellent arc to see, too, Otto's chickens coming home to roost, as that would really force him to make the choice of what kind of man he's going to become or remain.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

iMan 42s

B+ for this issue. Not perfect and will probably read better in trade, but it's pretty damn good.

I'm curious if it's just an artistic choice or if it is to help Otto look nicer as his lenses prior had been blacked out and now they are white.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    B+ for this issue. Not perfect and will probably read better in trade, but it's pretty damn good.

I'm curious if it's just an artistic choice or if it is to help Otto look nicer as his lenses prior had been blacked out and now they are white.
    They already started looking whiter in the final pages of Spider-Geddon #5, if I recall right. Not sure how that happened, either.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Enjoyable first issue. I'm glad Anna Maria took Otto to task for his past misdeeds, especially when he tried to explain them away due to illness or radiation. I was hoping his brain damage would be touched upon, and Anna Maria's reply that it may not have been damage, but his brain rewiring itself to accommodate his extra arms kind of obliterated Otto's excuse. In fact it forces him to face the the possibility that his turn to evil was a conscious choice and not because of the accident. I hope that's followed up on more.

I can see Anna Maria being Otto's conscience, forcing him to give up the trappings of his ill gotten gains to prove his sincerity in being a hero, after all, if Peter could do it...LOL

This issue is pretty damn epic. Love how Anna saw right through him. I'm curious how their dynamic is going to be going forward. Perhaps convincing Anna is going to be what causes him to start taking things seriously.

Also.....Terrax.....it's been awhile since I've seen him and I don't remember him being so......Darkseidish.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    If Otto has that 'Uncle Ben' moment though, I don't know if that makes the character more interesting or not. Like its an interesting journey to get there but I'm not sure what you would do afterwards because if Otto becomes too good, I think the appeal is less just because there's so many 'good' spiders.
    I can see him being a hero, but I can't see him being "good". At least not like Peter. But to be honest, NONE of them are, save for maybe Ben now. Kaine is a grizzled killer trying to do the right thing. Miles is a street smart kid wise beyond his years, Miguel is.....wait...is Miguel still around?

Anyway, the point is that every other Spider has their own little thing going on. Otto is the arrogant guy who is serious and self absorbed but ultimately his heart is in the right place. I can NOT see him becoming Peter Parker 2.0 or something.

When did Otto start hanging out the Night Shift?

Quote Originally Posted by bomaya View Post
    When did Otto start hanging out the Night Shift?
    Superior Octopus one shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Superior Octopus one shot.
    I enjoyed this issue, but I did think it was a bit boring only because it hit a lot of the same beats as the aforementioned Superior Octopus oneshot. That's not to say that there was no progression, because there was: yet both issues seem very much like set-up.

(In fact, I think I may have been more enamored with the Ock issue.)

Regardless, I'm excited to see what this series becomes. Otto's personality and dialogue are enough to keep me interested; what and who Gage chooses to populate the world of Eliot Tolliver with will determine whether this series goes from "fun romp" to anything beyond.

I'm hoping we get to see other characters whose morality is as tricky as our protagonist's is. I can't say that Terrax's inclusion as the first major villain really excited me, but I'm willing to have my mind changed!

-Pav, who thinks Shroud would be cool...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    Enjoyable first issue. I'm glad Anna Maria took Otto to task for his past misdeeds, especially when he tried to explain them away due to illness or radiation. I was hoping his brain damage would be touched upon, and Anna Maria's reply that it may not have been damage, but his brain rewiring itself to accommodate his extra arms kind of obliterated Otto's excuse. In fact it forces him to face the the possibility that his turn to evil was a conscious choice and not because of the accident. I hope that's followed up on more.

I can see Anna Maria being Otto's conscience, forcing him to give up the trappings of his ill gotten gains to prove his sincerity in being a hero, after all, if Peter could do it...LOL
    That would be a very compelling dynamic for this series going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    This issue is pretty damn epic. Love how Anna saw right through him. I'm curious how their dynamic is going to be going forward. Perhaps convincing Anna is going to be what causes him to start taking things seriously.

Also.....Terrax.....it's been awhile since I've seen him and I don't remember him being so......Darkseidish.

I can see him being a hero, but I can't see him being "good". At least not like Peter. But to be honest, NONE of them are, save for maybe Ben now. Kaine is a grizzled killer trying to do the right thing. Miles is a street smart kid wise beyond his years, Miguel is.....wait...is Miguel still around?

Anyway, the point is that every other Spider has their own little thing going on. Otto is the arrogant guy who is serious and self absorbed but ultimately his heart is in the right place. I can NOT see him becoming Peter Parker 2.0 or something.
    In the year 2099 (or maybe 2100), having his own adventures still.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I enjoyed this issue, but I did think it was a bit boring only because it hit a lot of the same beats as the aforementioned Superior Octopus oneshot. That's not to say that there was no progression, because there was: yet both issues seem very much like set-up.

Regardless, I'm excited to see what this series becomes. Otto's personality and dialogue are enough to keep me interested; what and who Gage chooses to populate the world of Eliot Tolliver with will determine whether this series goes from "fun romp" to anything beyond.

I'm hoping we get to see other characters whose morality is as tricky as our protagonist's is. I can't say that Terrax's inclusion as the first major villain really excited me, but I'm willing to have my mind changed!

I would also like to see the Shroud, especially given his more recent portrayals, and how he could play off Otto's Spider-Man.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

I'd like to see Otto interact with Helmut Zemo, who also tried to be a hero by being superior to his former self "Superior by birth and by mettle!". We know that didn't take, and it would be interesting to see if Otto could succeed in walking the straight and narrow path similar to Zemo before he was regressed to villainy again. They both have intelligence, ego and father issues LOL...I think it could be an interesting dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    I'd like to see Otto interact with Helmut Zemo, who also tried to be a hero by being superior to his former self "Superior by birth and by mettle!". We know that didn't take, and it would be interesting to see if Otto could succeed in walking the straight and narrow path similar to Zemo before he was regressed to villainy again. They both have intelligence, ego and father issues LOL...I think it could be an interesting dynamic.
    YES PLEASE take Zemo away so I can stop reading this Punisher book
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Good issue,but i would prefered if he stayed in his "Superior Octopus" guise.
    Ditto. There are already a ton of Spider-people, and it doesn't make sense that Otto would want to stay in Peter's shadow as a Spider-Man.