View Poll Results: Well, how open are you?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very much, want nao

52 57.78%
  • Ehh sure I might check it out

24 26.67%
  • HELL NO this is awful

14 15.56%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Not interested in a Emma lead HFC club book, especially if Williams is writing it. With her over the top gushing and fawning of Emma I'm sure that the entire series run would be the MU jobbing to Emma. Basically think what she did to Shaw but magnified to everyone else. Yeah, I'll pass on that.
    I don't get the hate for Williams. She's transparent about her favorite characters. She's also highly knowledgeable about them. Every writer fanboys/fangirls over certain characters. Some more than others. Clairemont with Cyclops. Guggenheim with Kitty. Aaron with Wolverine. At least she's honest about it.

BANNED

not if Williams was writing it

I'd love it and Williams would be a huge bonus.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Yes was it not apparent?
    Jean was always going to hog the spotlight in Red no matter who the writer was, outside of Red, Taylor has done/said nothing to suggest he's a fanboy.

Well, after years of being watered down thanks to AvX, the Bendis years and then having to suffer the indignities of IvX, it would be refreshing for Emma to be written by a talented fan who can remind basics why Mama is BOSS.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I don't get the hate for Williams. She's transparent about her favorite characters. She's also highly knowledgeable about them. Every writer fanboys/fangirls over certain characters. Some more than others. Clairemont with Cyclops. Guggenheim with Kitty. Aaron with Wolverine. At least she's honest about it.
    Claremont with Cyclops???
    Nah. Claremont hates Cyclops... a lot.
    Storm is his favorite, everyone knows that.
    ...but I agree with you on the rest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I was gonna mention this. Taylor is pretty much a Jean fan and wrote her as absolutely flawless and it's not like Red wasn't a good book for the most part. I really don't get this complaint about Williams, aside from the fact that Jean fans see her as their mortal enemy on Twitter and maybe here.
    Well, if that happens, if Emma haters don't like her, then Leah is on the right track. It means she does a great job with Emma.
    Thank you, Leah Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The other thing about Williams is that she comes across as the sort of fan who'll go, "This character is my favorite. The light of my life. I have legally adopted them. Now settle in, because I've got a 30 minute slideshow on why they're hot garbage." And creators who love characters for their flaws as well as their strengths tend to be fun. So I'd give it a go.

BANNED

Not interested in a Emma lead HFC club book, especially if Williams is writing it. With her over the top gushing and fawning of Emma I'm sure that the entire series run would be the MU jobbing to Emma. Basically think what she did to Shaw but magnified to everyone else. Yeah, I'll pass on that.
    Emma SHOULD have done that to Shaw a long time ago. She's very resourceful and sneaky. Shaw isn't particularly smart or powerful. He's tired and played out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    This, from the Phoenix holding her back to the low balling of Cassandra Nova to being completely infallible. Taylor is a Jean fanboy the worst kind

The tall man and Spirit are both Jean fans
    I agree with you on Taylor. His execution of things were just plain LAME.

Yes I like Jean as a character, not as much as I like Logan, Bishop, Havok or Nightcrawler. In regards to my disinterest in Williams writing a Emma HFC book is that I don't think she has any objectivity when it comes to Emma. It would be the biggest fanwanking book ever. The same issues some have with Jean and Kitty being the sole focus of Red and Gold respectively would be magnified significantly in Emma's case. There's nothing wrong with Williams's love of Emma, you like who you like. But if you're put in a position where you have to write multiple characters and your bias unabashed love for one particular character makes you downplay the others to push your fave, well that's a problem. It's basically what everyone was complaining about in Gold and I don't think anyone would say Guggenheim is as big a Kitty fan as Williams is a Emma fan. And every Williams interview I've read about Emma makes me think such a scenario would happen. X-men Black is a good indication of what a future Williams Emma book would be like, massive jobbing and X-men made to look like fools in order to further push Emma. Some may want to read that book but I'll pass.
    Guggemheim love for Kitty ruined x-men Gold, it also ruined Kitty. not a good example.
    Williams choose the soft origin where Emma is the victim of abuse, a retcon to make emma look better.
    and on twitter she gors after other characters flaws, if that isnt a red flag...

Taylor is a Jean fan, but he never wrote her as overpowered and the team helped defeat Nova.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Jean was always going to hog the spotlight in Red no matter who the writer was, outside of Red, Taylor has done/said nothing to sugge8st he's a fanboy.
    True. Before Red, i had no idea he limed Jean. never saw him gushing over her
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-22-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Emma, Christian, Monet, Roberto, and Cessily <3

I like Leah Williams, but I don't know if she'd be my top choice for writer. I think maybe Mariko Tamaki or Al Ewing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Well, if that happens, if Emma haters don't like her, then Leah is on the right track. It means she does a great job with Emma.
    Thank you, Leah Williams.
    Emma haters will despise any sympathetic portrayal of the character because she's the bane of Jean's existence. Next thing you'll know, there will be requests for her to be written as a KKK member. I just don't get why be against the idea of the thread. The book would hardly feature Jean, Storm or whoever Emma wronged this week. I'd say go for a mini or an arc in some eventual book. I'd like to have an anthology book with stories from different mutants who aren't main characters in any book. A Williams' story about Emma and the HFC would fit there.

Mighty Member

It would depend on who she surrounds herself with on the Inner Circle.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Guggemheim love for Kitty ruined x-men Gold, it also ruined Kitty. not a good example.
    Williams choose the soft origin where Emma is the victim of abuse, a retcon to make emma look better.
    and on twitter she gors after other characters flaws, if that isnt a red flag...

Taylor is a Jean fan, but he never wrote her as overpowered and the team helped defeat Nova.

True. Before Red, i had no idea he limed Jean. never saw him gushing over her
    You're right. Because like most every Marvel writer, he gives virtually zero indication about his likes or dislikes outside extremely vague "maybe/maybe not" statements. That's the difference between them and Williams.