Debuted in 2018-CBRs Review of issue #1
    Original Roster
    1. Valkyrie..........Brunnhilde/merged with Annabelle Riggs
    2. Thunderstrike..Kevin Masterson
    3. Executioner.....Skurge
    4. Destroyer........controlled by Kid Loki
    5. Throg
    6. Angela(leader)

The young series and team is now up to issue #4 and it seems they need a place for readers to discuss them.

This initial arc has Nebula taking control of the Nagflar Fleet(where dead gods go) and intends to use it to her own ends. I won't get spoiler-y in the initial post as I'd like to have this thread for more in-depth discussion on the issues themselves.

Also, with Guardians of the Galaxy coming back will this be short lived?
    Is there "room" for both books?
    What characters might you like to see on future iterations of the team?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Unfortunately, I do suspect this book won't last long. It'll tie into Wars of the Realms, but I can see the end of that event being the end of this book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

How is the book so far? I wanted to see how it went before grabbing some issues. Thought about maybe waiting for the first trade, and then getting the floppies if I liked what I saw.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Plot wise, I don't think Guardians of the Galaxy will be much of a factor, (even with Beta Ray Bill on the team) the name is just a fun play on words, and I don't think there should be too much overlap. The galaxy is a big place, plenty of room for both teams to be running around, especially since it sounds like Cates is going for a darker tone with his GotG run, while this is more fun. Sales, tho... I dunno, looks like the most recent number from Diamond has it sitting somewhere around 21,000 in the direct market, which is... not the best... and i don't see it as one of the books that would have a particularly strong showing in digital or trades, like Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel or Moon Girl have, which allow them to get by on like 10k or less in the direct market. so yeah, it may just last out the War of the Realms, which is a bit of a shame since it is a fun book, and I would like it to last longer. I hope they at least get to what Loki promised Angela, which is, I presume, help finding Sera.

Glad to see Valkyrie, and looking so good, too.

Skurge is another favorite, although I thought him dead, lo these many years.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Thanks for that 21K number for AotG #3. Not what I'd hope but I'm also not surprised...sadly.
    Beta Ray Bill would be a character I'd want on this team but that isn't going to be the case.
    With Angela and Valkyrie having Sif would be redundant.
    I've been trying to think if there are any Frost Giant or Dark Elves that are in a "grey" enough characterization like Skurge to in consideration.
    Sadly unless something happens to draw in and keep more readers through War of Realms this may be short lived concept.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I mean, he may not look it because shapeshifter, and unusually small for a giant, but Loki is technically a frost giant. Or at least half, depends on how things shake out with Laufey and the parentage teases over in Thor. Laufey may not be his biological father, and we know very little about his mother, but she was a frost giant. So half at minimum.

For dark elves, there is one I can think of. Once they presumably break her free of the whole Kurse thing, the dark elf Lady Waziria would be cool, hell any of the League of Realms characters could work.

I think Lorelei and Sigurd could be fun additions to the team, personally. Warriors 3 are not gray area but could be fun.

And it may surprise us, I may be wrong about how well it may do digitally or in trades, we have no numbers to go on there, (and I mean, I get it digitally, so...) and War of the Realms may give it enough of a signal boost to attract some new readers. I'd like it to stay around, Asgard has enough fun side characters that usually only make occasional guest appearances that I think a team book can totally work there. But the lack of Thor himself may hurt the sales, even though adding him on a permanent basis could end up detracting from the other characters. But his guest appearance next issue or two, since I assume he will break free and fight Nebula, could help sales some.
    Last edited by Raye; 12-24-2018 at 02:55 AM.