Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Doom Patrol Teaser

https://youtu.be/zcMqgemwVxk

This looks good so far. That actress for elasti girl is great casting. And cyborg looks great.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

from the Doom Patrol episode and the teaser I think the show could be bonkers. Which will be awesome. I am ready.

The teaser is definitely peak Doom Patrol .

Cyborg looks weird, but I guess he looks more like a Doom Patrol character now.

i should probably get that 1st appearance of flex mentallo before he shows up and shit gets unreasonable.

I am pretty confident I am going to like this show, but I do confess to being a little sad about the way Crazy Jane appears in that teaser. From the way she acted in that photo shoot, it looks like they might be going for a relatively normal rebellious, angsty teenager riff on the character.

Crazy Jane was not that in the comics, at all. She was a seriously disturbed victim of abuse who was socially awkward and the weirdest amongst the weird. The character in the teaser video looked like an Instagram version of a rebellious teen, as shallow as the brook out back.

For the purpose of being entertained, I guess they needed a lighter version of the character for the family of misfits vibe they have going. This isn't an unforgivable sin or anything like that. I have high hopes I will like the show and I am perfectly capable of enjoying it on its own merits.

That said, I can still be a little sad at what appears to be a watered-down version of Crazy Jane.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post
    I am pretty confident I am going to like this show, but I do confess to being a little sad about the way Crazy Jane appears in that teaser. From the way she acted in that photo shoot, it looks like they might be going for a relatively normal rebellious, angsty teenager riff on the character.

Crazy Jane was not that in the comics, at all. She was a seriously disturbed victim of abuse who was socially awkward and the weirdest amongst the weird. The character in the teaser video looked like an Instagram version of a rebellious teen, as shallow as the brook out back.

For the purpose of being entertained, I guess they needed a lighter version of the character for the family of misfits vibe they have going. This isn't an unforgivable sin or anything like that. I have high hopes I will like the show and I am perfectly capable of enjoying it on its own merits.

That said, I can still be a little sad at what appears to be a watered-down version of Crazy Jane.
    I'm going to withhold judgment until the series debuts. It's hard to tell from a teaser. Other than that, I hope this series is a hit and we see other DP members show up like Joshua Clay, Rhea Jones, Steve Dayton, Dorothy Spinner and of course Flex Mentallo.

I don't know who these guys are, but i'm way more intrigued by them than the Titans. (Something I didn't think I'd say).

They are clearly influenced by Morrison's iteration of the team, but I think it's a missed opportunity that they are using Negative Man rather than Rebis. He clearly is styled like Rebis, but why not have a hermaphrodite hero?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    They are clearly influenced by Morrison's iteration of the team, but I think it's a missed opportunity that they are using Negative Man rather than Rebis. He clearly is styled like Rebis, but why not have a hermaphrodite hero?
    There's definitely a heavy Morrison influence but the fact that they still have Elastigirl in there tells me that it's not the only thing they're drawing from as far as Doom Patrol material.

And who could resist Matt Bomer as Larry Trainor ?

based on that teaser I am unlikely to check this out
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

Feel like it would be a harder origin story to explain. They can start with Negative Man and if the show lasts long enough....

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Feel like it would be a harder origin story to explain. They can start with Negative Man and if the show lasts long enough....
    I don't think they need an origin story. Just start out with the Doom Patrol doing their things. How they got together can come out organically.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I don't think they need an origin story. Just start out with the Doom Patrol doing their things. How they got together can come out organically.

Sandy Hausler
    I agree. They don't need an origin out the gate. Let them come in time.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

One thing I noticed in the teaser that I was happy to see was Negative Man looking a little less bulky. In "Titans" he came across to me like a guy wearing too many layers. (As it is, between the full-face covering and the coat and sweater, Boomer must be sweating buckets in that outfit)

One thing I noticed in the teaser that I was happy to see was Negative Man looking a little less bulky. In "Titans" he came across to me like a guy wearing too many layers. (As it is, between the full-face covering and the coat and sweater, Boomer must be sweating buckets in that outfit)
    One quick thing about that...

Bomer will only be playing "Larry Trainor". An actor named Matthew Zuk seems to be actually portraying "Negative Man".

Same thing with Robotman. Looks like two separate actors.