Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    She doesn't bring in the equal amount of money or interest nor has she really ever caught on for most people so it only makes sense that she'd be playing second fiddle to Superman.
    Well I was talking social equality, but yeah, what all the other guys said about her recent movie dominance
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Well I was talking social equality, but yeah, what all the other guys said about her recent movie dominance
    Social equality? What exactly do you mean?
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 01-05-2019 at 10:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Social equality? What exactly do you mean?
    Exactly what her creator intended. Showing women that they don’t have to feel inferior to men, and men that they are not naturally superior to women.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Um, there was a movie that came out last year that made over 800,000,000 dollars and was, until Aquaman, the DCEU's only overall success with critics and audiences that says different.
    That still doesn't mean she brings in as much as Superman each years.
    She does play 2nd fiddle and is mismanaged or at the very least not optimised.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    She's horribly mismanaged and she has been forever now. In terms of mythology, supporting casts, villains, etc, she is decades behind other A-list DC heroes due to the neverending amount of reboots and retcons she been put through. It's pretty patheic how far behind she is compared to Batman and Superman...heck even Green Latern, Flash and Aquaman feel so much more fleshed out than her world does.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

So, what’s the solution? An embargo on retcons? Editorial mandates to use only characters that appeared in her books?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    So, what’s the solution? An embargo on retcons? Editorial mandates to use only characters that appeared in her books?
    A writer with a good idea and the editorial staff letting them write it

A writer with a good idea and the editorial staff letting them write it
    But if there’s no one to oversee what they do, what would it matter? Are there key people that oversee Batman/Superman in all the titles they appear in? Is there any coordination between offices or need for approval to green light certain things?

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    She may not bring in as much as Superman, but as we've seen she has caught on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Ofcourse Superman is more popular, i mean come on... Do i even need to say this ? I know Wonder Woman is about equality between men and women and She was created to go toe to toe with all super men as the super woman so Superman having the upper hand grind the gears of Wonder Woman fans, i can understand that but this is how it is. Batman is more popular than Superman... there will always be a hierarchy, lets look at them as products even if it's hard for us the fans. Or comics is heavy on the male fans side, i mean there are so much more male comics readers than there are female ones, and these boys identify with male characters and Wonder Woman is a female character. They can, i can admire her beauty and skills but never identify with her. This is probably why she's number 3 after Batman and Superman, and this is not a bad spot in men's comics world... lol Marvel doesn't even have a iconic female character which can go toe to toe with Wonder Woman (they push Captain Marvel but we will see) Do you realise how big she is ? but if we talk Marvel and DC She will be under the shadow of Superman, Batman, Iron Man, Wolverine and Spider-Man, i mean it can be said bros before admirable beautiful skillful ladies... lol These are childhood heroes and you know little boys... They are like ''girls yuck !'' lol boys stick with boys when they were little and girls stick with girls so Boys will always go for Batman, Superman before Wonder Woman. Even i wasn't caring about Wonder Woman at first, but later on she grew on me as i saw her in JL books and event books, i started to admire her, and now, i have tones crap about her, absolutes and deluxes and statues and figures and stuff. If she keeps on having succesful films, she will probably bring in more female fans in the future then may be she can be more popular.
    I'm a female and I prefer Superman by far.. I also loved WW's TV show as a kid in reruns, and I love her movie, but she simply don't excite me as much as Supes and his mythos do.

Same thing with Aquaman now thanks to his movie. He's great and his mythos, but I still prefer Superman.

I never liked Batman much. He's so overrated lol.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I'm a female and I prefer Superman by far.. I also loved WW's TV show as a kid in reruns, and I love her movie, but she simply don't excite me as much as Supes and his mythos do.

Same thing with Aquaman now thanks to his movie. He's great and his mythos, but I still prefer Superman.

I never liked Batman much. He's so overrated lol.
    That's because DC never gave her consistent mythos or powers. You would have probably noticed that by now.

I didn’t know you had to share the same sex with a fictional character in order to relate to them. I understand that argument, but I don’t think that’s always the case. If it were, then people shouldn’t be upset when classic characters are race or gender swapped to appeal to other groups of people. It’s like asking how could a black male in his thirties possibly relate to a space alien with an American, country midwestern upbringing with apparent Caucasian features?

I identify with WW because she chose her destiny. She was not thrust into heroism by a global disaster or tragic backstory. She lives in the present, the here and now. She’s not grounded by her past or too focused on the future. She’s not overtly negative like the pessimist, nor is she naively upbeat like the optimist. She should be the realist. She is the balance. At least to me, that’s what she should be. That’s why I find her appealing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Ofcourse Superman is more popular, i mean come on... Do i even need to say this ? I know Wonder Woman is about equality between men and women and She was created to go toe to toe with all super men as the super woman so Superman having the upper hand grind the gears of Wonder Woman fans, i can understand that but this is how it is. Batman is more popular than Superman... there will always be a hierarchy, lets look at them as products even if it's hard for us the fans. Or comics is heavy on the male fans side, i mean there are so much more male comics readers than there are female ones, and these boys identify with male characters and Wonder Woman is a female character. They can, i can admire her beauty and skills but never identify with her. This is probably why she's number 3 after Batman and Superman, and this is not a bad spot in men's comics world... lol Marvel doesn't even have a iconic female character which can go toe to toe with Wonder Woman (they push Captain Marvel but we will see) Do you realise how big she is ? but if we talk Marvel and DC She will be under the shadow of Superman, Batman, Iron Man, Wolverine and Spider-Man, i mean it can be said bros before admirable beautiful skillful ladies... lol These are childhood heroes and you know little boys... They are like ''girls yuck !'' lol boys stick with boys when they were little and girls stick with girls so Boys will always go for Batman, Superman before Wonder Woman. Even i wasn't caring about Wonder Woman at first, but later on she grew on me as i saw her in JL books and event books, i started to admire her, and now, i have tones crap about her, absolutes and deluxes and statues and figures and stuff. If she keeps on having succesful films, she will probably bring in more female fans in the future then may be she can be more popular.
    Boys grow into men, and don’t have to adopt a “girls yuck” attitude above the age of ten. And comics costing what they do these days I doubt many pre teens can even afford them.

The “boys will always like boy characters better” rings true less and less. Successful tv series like Buffy, Supergirl, and Legend of Korra hammer away at that stumbling-block.