Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    ....a guy who makes Thanos bleed....
    I found that part rather chilling, actually, as it made a rather important point. Tony went absolutely gang-busters against Thanos, pulled out all of the stops, used everything he had, had the upper hand due to keeping Thanos off-balance the whole time, pulled some pretty spectacular moves out of his bag of tricks with the nano-machines....

[Thanos] *checks tiny scratch on his cheek* All that for a drop of blood.

I felt that and the Hulk beatdown were the two times in the movie that it really managed to capture just how overpowering Thanos is compared to the heroes.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    In what possible way do you feel Black Manta has better tech than a guy who built a new stable element, advanced AI, nanotech morph suits, modular repair systems capable of fighting Hulk, modified Visions programming, built super armor (including an arc reactor that a team of scientists thought couldnt be reduced in size) out of missile parts in a cave etc etc etc?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I found that part rather chilling, actually, as it made a rather important point. Tony went absolutely gang-busters against Thanos, pulled out all of the stops, used everything he had, had the upper hand due to keeping Thanos off-balance the whole time, pulled some pretty spectacular moves out of his bag of tricks with the nano-machines....

I felt that and the Hulk beatdown were the two times in the movie that it really managed to capture just how overpowering Thanos is compared to the heroes.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

Undoubtedly.

It ALSO shows just how far Tony has come since his early stuff when he goes all out. Hulk, with a sneak attack and basically free shots for the first moment of their fight did something between jack and squat to Thanos, before Thanos literally knocked the Hulk out of the movie. Tony clearly managed to hurt the guy a tiny bit. No, Tony was NEVER going to "win" that fight, but it was impressive as hell.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I just saw "Aquaman" and can safely say there was nothing Black Mantis did in that movie that MCU Iron-Man cannot do and do better.
    Power with Girl is better.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    It felt to me the beam was a lot weaker then the big gun. did he screw it up a bit when modifying it into his helmet?
    Possibly, although the fact that he managed to disassemble it, then reassemble it in a completely different form and it still worked at all shows he's a pretty smart guy. Plus it could still melt steel and burn Aquaman so it's still a dangerous weapon. When he next shows up perhaps he'll have got it back to its original power level.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    The dagger his father gave him was planted in the open wound aquaman already had, so i do not think it could stab him under normal circumstances.
    I stand corrected.

You could put comic Manta against MCU IM and Tony still wins.