Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Black Manta vs Iron Man

(1)Comicbook versions

(2)Movie versions

Tony in the first one and it's not even close. Far more options, far better range to attack with them at, chance of just hacking the suit.

Second one... no idea, didn't see Aquaman.

Comic fight goes reeeaaally poorly for Manta. Dude has decent offense in his own right, but Tony should have him beat in that and every other way as well.

Haven't seen the movie yet, but trailers make me seriously doubt Manta can do squat against a guy who makes Thanos bleed and survives enormous chunks of moon landing on his face
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I saw the movie. Iron Man stomps both rounds.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I saw the movie. Iron Man stomps both rounds.
    I agreed with this.

Black Manta seems to have better tech, thanks to his Atlantean-tech. But still, Iron Man has better mobility and more experience as he did some damage to Thanos, so I'm giving the win to him.

Comic: Easy stomp for Iron Man

Movies: Black Manta seems to be a one trick pony, plasma ray eyes that are pretty effective and that's about it. He'd struggle against Tony's armor from part 1 (not the original of course), he gets flat stomped by the armor in Infinity War.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Ultimate Member

Iron Man takes him down hard.

Ironman handily wins this one I think (for the reasons others have mentioned).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Zero View Post
    Black Manta seems to have better tech, thanks to his Atlantean-tech. But still, Iron Man has better mobility and more experience as he did some damage to Thanos, so I'm giving the win to him.
    How so? Tony had a nano tech suit in last avengers movie which was self repairing and it was able to change shapes into a shield or blade.It had nice variety weapons laser,respular blast,missiles, etc gave him enhance strength.Advanced A.I to run systems. Between basically a version Bleeding edge armor and Hulk buster armor I think Iron Man has the better tech

On topic yeah Iron Man wins

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Zero View Post
    In what possible way do you feel Black Manta has better tech than a guy who built a new stable element, advanced AI, nanotech morph suits, modular repair systems capable of fighting Hulk, modified Visions programming, built super armor (including an arc reactor that a team of scientists thought couldnt be reduced in size) out of missile parts in a cave etc etc etc?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    In what possible way do you feel Black Manta has better tech than a guy who built a new stable element, advanced AI, nanotech morph suits, modular repair systems capable of fighting Hulk, modified Visions programming, built super armor (including an arc reactor that a team of scientists thought couldnt be reduced in size) out of missile parts in a cave etc etc etc?
    Well stated. I was going to bring these points up myself.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Movies: Black Manta seems to be a one trick pony, plasma ray eyes that are pretty effective and that's about it.
    spoilers:
    Beg your pardon but that's not entirely true. In addition to his plasma beams Black Manta also has an electrified cable he can fire, an Atlantean xiphos sword and arm blade, plus his suit grants limited flight capability. Oh and his granddad's dagger which was able to pierce Aquaman's skin and so is clearly not just a regular dagger. He's also a skilled fighter both with his blades and unarmed.
    end of spoilers

Not denying that Iron Man wins handily, just saying that Manta does have more going for him than just the eye beams.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 01-06-2019 at 07:49 PM.

Iron Man stomps. Better gear and he MADE his stuff is a huge deal.

Manta just collects stuff and modified Ray for helmet, but a mod, did not actually build it.

And yeah, Tony has way too many options.

It felt to me the beam was a lot weaker then the big gun. did he screw it up a bit when modifying it into his helmet?

The dagger his father gave him was planted in the open wound aquaman already had, so i do not think it could stab him under normal circumstances.