Default PAD(Pitch A Direction): Batman Edition!

Roll up, roll up, it's the Bruce Wayne show!

Having checked out the other P.A.D threads with Nightwing and Tim Drake, I've decided to hop on that train and make a thread for everyone's favorite brooding billionaire dad, Bruce Wayne, THE Batman.

You all know how it goes, pitch a direction for the Batman book or a Batman book with Brucey boy in the spotlight. Go wild with it, have fun.

For starters, these are my pitches with cheesy titles:

-Batman: Knight Magic is a book about Bruce exploring the magic side of the DC Universe with none other than Zatanna. After being left at the altar by Selina, Bruce is on a rampage and is starting to lose himself. Zatanna comes back into the picture to help her old friend get back to normal, and the two embark on a trip to all of the magic related places in the DC Universe. Along the way, Bruce discovers that things happen for a reason, and basically he doesn't act like a moron like he is currently in Tom King's run. It would put Bruce in unfamiliar and new territory which is the whole idea.

TLDR: Bruce Wayne doesn't go off the rails, marries Zatanna, he's actually happy, and is still Batman with a new sense of hope. The exact opposite of the current Bruce Wayne. Let's get this up in the air now, he deserves happiness.

Batman: The Mad Bats follows an alternate Arkhamverse with the Bat-Family 'Jokerized', and with Bruce as the head clown bat of the family of course. Poison Ivy is still dead, Selina has fled Gotham, and Harley Quinn is the clown queen to Bruce's clown king. One night after causing mayhem in Gotham, the Mad Bats come face to face with Prime Earth's Batfamily and it's an all out battle between good and evil. This would work as a mini series at best. I've always wanted to see this explored in the Arkhamverse.

TLDR: Batfamily versus Jokerized Bat Family. It'd be a violent and dark miniseries without a doubt.

Batman: Family Days is a book that explores the bonds between Bruce and his family. That's it, it's just Papa Bats in the best form possible.

*Batman: The Dark Pillar would explore one thing and one thing only. Bruce Wayne's massive influence in the DC Universe. This book would check out Bruce Wayne's relationships with heroes all across the DCU, and how he is a HUGE influence to them. It'd be a rotating cast, showing Bruce's relationships with everyone in the DCU, or how he has affected their lives. A love letter to his character really, since no one can deny that he has a huge influence across the entire DCU.

Those are just my non polished examples of some pitches. Go ahead, have fun with it, let the creativity flow.
    Last edited by rev516; 12-22-2018 at 04:12 AM. Reason: I wanted to add more stuff, whoops
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

Astonishing Member

Drop the 'Batman is a broken hero who can't save anyone, ruins the lives of his allies and is part of the problem in Gotham City' narrative that current writers are so fond of pushing.