Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Yeah, it's a bit weird. It's just that Dragon Ball and DBZ do have various instances of people with tons of ki being able to just say no to various mind affecting things. I wouldn't mean to no-limits it, but I would say that to cover a vast disparity in power, at the very least overt things like direct mind control and paralysis should probably have at least SOME feats for overcoming resistances. Particularly since Vegeta himself specifically has not just overcome mind control, but subverted it to his own ends. Albeit way later in the series than what we're talking about here.
    Well, in terms of in Universe there's a couple of options we're talking about here. I'll run through all the ones I can think of and notable feats of them effecting beings vastly more powerful than the user.

Tsukiyomi - which puts the user into an illusionary world on eye contact. In canon it has only been beaten by another Sharingan user that I can recall.

Yamanaka Clan Body Jacking Jutsu - takes over the body of the user. Ino used to it to, veeeeery briefly mind, hijack Obito while he was connected to the body of the Jyuubi which is a country destroying god monster. She managed to throw off its aim before he kicked her out of its head. She then did it again when amped by Naruto's Kyuubi high five and lasted a bit longer.

Nara Clan Shadow possession - Not exactly mind control but it is actually a surprisingly OP technique. If it lands then it makes escape almost impossible. Shikamaru and his clan used it to hold down the Jyuubi itself and it's been used to hold down Sasuke, Kyuubi Naruto and other Kages all at the same time before.

Izanagi - Allows the user to retcon a death by eliminating the cause of that death, costs one eyeball to use.

Izanami - Has setup requirements but traps the victim in an inescapable illusionary time loop that is also a real time loop. I forget how this one works exactly ****, was weird.

Frog Song Jutsu - Audio genjutsu that disorients and warps the victims perception.

They also have Kamui and it's variants, if we're allowing Kakashi his eyes though he doesn't have them in the current era which is phasing via teleportation and dimension dumping. Naruto has a lot of gimmicky stuff.

Naruto has some amazing techniques and such. The only problem is that they don't have the sheer power behind it to stand up to DBZ.

I keep bringing this up in DBZ fights, but Krillin and Roshi had a pretty complex exchange in the blink of an eye. Also, Roshi can blow up the moon rather casually, as could Piccolo. Radditz would give them trouble alone. Throwing post Freiza Vegeta in there is freaking overkill.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    On the other hand you have Captain Ginyu basically being able to bodyjack Goku despite Goku being quite a bit stronger than him.
    Goku and Ginyu should have been more or less dead even in terms of actual power at that point, since Ginyu's maximum power level was 120,000, while Goku using Kaiou Ken times 1 (which multiplies your power by 1.5) was around 180,000.

Edit: also, IIRC, the Jaco mini reveal let that Saiyajin are actually extremely resistant to biological agents, even deliberate bioterrorism from space-faring societies, which makes killing Goku a good feat for that particular disease rather than a bad feat for Goku. Though how that would work against the stuff that Sasori and Orochimaru might bring to play is impossible to judge, but since the ninjas need to not be atomized in order to disperse their poisons and every Saiyajin there is capable of delivering Tactical Vaccination at least on the scale of Jyuubi, if not significantly higher and faster...
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 12-23-2018 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Post Frieza Vegeta should pretty much make the entire rest of the team irrelevant.
    Pretty sure Nappa makes the rest irrelevant, Vegeta post Freeza is just ridiculous overkill

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

the sheer fire power the saiyans are gonna be throwing out is gonna be insane!

like nik said, the village has options and depending on prep, they could take out some of the lower level saiyans. once you get to nappa, aka "I blow up cities and create explosions that can be seen from hundreds of miles away and can be seen from space by raising my two fingers", that's when **** gets nasty for the ninjas.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Again, Naruto/Boruto as a Universe has more than enough gimmicks that they could likely deal with Sayain Saga Vegeta with the right strategy. Genjutsu, super deadly poisons, dimension dumping and other such gimmicks.
    How much stronger do the characters become in Boruto? I never followed the series after Naruto.

Yeah, Vegeta after his first appearance is overkill.