Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Odyssey of the Amazons established that all the female gods in all the pantheons of the world got together because men control all the pantheons of gods (which isn't actualy true but I can't expect a crap writer to know better.) and made their own variations on the Amazons with the express purpose of them all eventually being shipped off to the island

/edited out/
    Last edited by Doctor Bifrost; 12-23-2018 at 07:53 PM.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

I mean in many cases the Amazons were traded into slavery. So why not some of them get freed and then started their own tribes. They do have some kind of shield to hide them but they do travel to help those in need. Now I don't think they should be as big.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Hmm...Not sure how practical it would be, but could establish these factions all splintering off at different points. If one keeps the 'no Amazon may return to live on Paradise Island if they leave but they may visit' thing. Could have the ones from China maintaining their golden age origin of fleeing eastward when Hercules invaded, having never made the journey to the island.
    Could have a band of them spiteful of the islands ways and choosing to leave, forming a nomadic group.
    Could even have a third group who leave the island to stave off a great crisis and unable to return home, wind up settling somewhere in the world.
    I favor the idea that they're separate but similar groups. They're called "amazons" only because WW likes calling them that and none of them (except the Bana-migdall and other actual splinter factions) calls themselves amazons.

I wonder what if only one Amazon group had egalitarian society? There are male and female amazons. The banas however, have males more like servants or slaves. Any males who are in relationships are more like concubines.Also why can't the Egyptian gods give the Banas immortality?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder what if only one Amazon group had egalitarian society? There are male and female amazons. The banas however, have males more like servants or slaves. Any males who are in relationships are more like concubines.Also why can't the Egyptian gods give the Banas immortality?
    Maybe they simply choose not to?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Maybe they simply choose not to?
    Not to what?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Not to what?
    Grant enhanced longevity.

Okay if we are going with other trubes. What will there be? Will it be on all seven continents? Each doing their on mission?

My opinion? I would like to see good, solid, consistent stories about the Amazons of Themyscira, including their backstory, history, purpose, abilities, restrictions, and so on. I don't think I've even seen what I would consider a real creation story for the Amazons since before the start of The New 52.

After DC does a good job of that, maybe, maybe - if a writer really has a strong idea for a good storyline (that will also fit into the Wonder Woman mythos and DCU going forward) - they can create another tribe of Amazons. If they can do them justice.

But I'm not a big fan of "let's just extrapolate to twelve [or however many] different cities of different Amazons!" I think it will just tend to overcrowd things, and make it less likely that any group of Amazons will get the attention they deserve.

It looks to me like they can't even handle the Amazons they've got. But that's just me. No offense intended to people who see it another way.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Fantastic Member

Default No, I don't want a Who is Donna Troy But Bigger Version

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    My opinion? I would like to see good, solid, consistent stories about the Amazons of Themyscira, including their backstory, history, purpose, abilities, restrictions, and so on. I don't think I've even seen what I would consider a real creation story for the Amazons since before the start of The New 52.

After DC does a good job of that, maybe, maybe - if a writer really has a strong idea for a good storyline (that will also fit into the Wonder Woman mythos and DCU going forward) - they can create another tribe of Amazons. If they can do them justice.

But I'm not a big fan of "let's just extrapolate to twelve [or however many] different cities of different Amazons!" I think it will just tend to overcrowd things, and make it less likely that any group of Amazons will get the attention they deserve.

It looks to me like they can't even handle the Amazons they've got. But that's just me. No offense intended to people who see it another way.

I rather see them ..I mean all the amazons having almost the same power and skill as WW, but with different specializations, depending on the patron goddess/gods they worship. Gaia and the six major female Olympian deities should be more than enough to give them these power sets (speed, strength, etc).

As for the rest of the male gods, they could give the amazons, except Ares. Zeus can and the rest of the male gods can give them magical equipment from special armor to whatever to augment those powers.