Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    What I expect is that DC will give us back Wally West, Roy Harper and Dick Grayson.
    And give them the respect they deserve, and us too.
    Oh, look! You found my wishes for 2008! I must have misplaced them.

Thank you!
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

The Flash Rogues: Reverse Flash
    IMG_20181219_125555.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Anything by Mark Russell (aside from that overly-edgy Jesus comic).
    I'm also excited by the overly-edgy one, so I will take Wonder Twins AND Jesus.

Also:
    - Martian Manhunter
    - Shazam
    - Hawkman

I am crossing my fingers that DeConnick's Aquaman stays solid. I liked the first issue quite a bit.

I'm also REALLY excited to see what DC does with the Flash. I haven't been this excited about the Flash in a while

Flash: Year One

The Flash Annual (not crazy about the art but I'm excited for the return of Godspeed and hoping they use a different artist for the actual book)

I'm REALLY excited about where these new forces go. I love Fuerza and I'm hoping the other Avatars are as compelling and stick around afterwards.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Tom King upending our expectations with Heroes in Crisis by not making it the depressing murder-fest that it seems to be and his and Willaimson's apparent love for Wally West not being a feint (yes, this is more hope than anything else but King is one of my favourite writers out there so I'm not without some optimism).

Whatever King and Mitch Gerrads do next. It makes little difference what it is.

The end of Doomsday Clock. Hopefully it will further course correct the DCU but, at the very least, it's been a really compelling comic and I hope that Johns can stick the landing.

Wonder Comics. Especially Young Justice and Wonder Twins.

That Vertigo comic from Mark Russell.

Hopefully a nother title or two of worth from Vertigo and more from the Sandman Universe.

More of Morrison's the Green Lantern and anything else he may happen to do with DC next year.

More of Bendis on Superman.

More King on Batman.

Collections of the original Walmart stories.

More collections of PAD's Young Justice and Supergirl and other classic runs from the '80s and '90s.

And, really, I just hope for some good surprises from DC when it comes to some of the stuff they've been screwing up of late (the Titans generation, the various Forces in the Flash, a greater emphasis on legacy with the return of the JSA)

Speaking of hopes, I really, relaly hope that corporate censorship hasn't sunk Black Label before it begins - or neutered Vertigo. While I want the mainstream DCU to be entirely accessible to at least older kids, DC has a great tradition of brilliant, standalone MATURE comics and I really hope the "suits" haven't killed that side of DC once and for all.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

BANNED

I want Ric Grayson to go away and for Dick Grayson to come back--especially as something other than Dan Didio's punching bag.

-Young Justice. Both the comic and the show.
    -Shazam. Both the comic and the movie.
    -The reception of the stuff coming out from the new imprints (Zoom, Ink, etc.) and the direction they go with them.
    -Doomsday Clock. Really curious how it plays out.
    -Tom King's Batman as it nears it's endgame and the pieces come together more.
    -The (hopeful) return of the JSA and Legion.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Spectacular Member

Doomsday Clock really has me hopeful. I want to say Young Justice, I've always loved Amethyst, but Bendis has me filled with dread on that one.

Young Justice getting a new season and a relaunched comic.
    The Wonder Twins limited series.
    The Shazam movie.
    The Harley Quinn animated series.
    The Doom Patrol series.

Wonder Comics Imprint.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    Doomsday Clock really has me hopeful. I want to say Young Justice, I've always loved Amethyst, but Bendis has me filled with dread on that one.
    Why? Bendis has always been great at writing about teenagers. Ultimate Spider-Man is still the best thing he's ever done.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Why? Bendis has always been great at writing about teenagers. Ultimate Spider-Man is still the best thing he's ever done.
    I think people just hate on Bendis because of his reputation, which he really only developed through Avengers. Bendis has struggled with "big" things and now it's an easy dig to just attack Bendis wholesale. But he does tend to excel on smaller things, especially teenagers. Ultimate Spider-Man only started to get bad after he had written over 100 issues, and then he course corrected after Miles showed up. Can't really blame a guy for losing steam on one character after 100 issues.

As for what I'm excited for... I'm excited for Freedom Fighters. I know the first issue was this year, but it was really good and I'm excited to see where the rest of the series goes. I'm also excited to continue Shazam and the movie in April. Honestly, I'm not reading a ton of DC, but I'm really enjoying all of the titles I'm reading. None of my DC titles are on the chopping block, which is a new experience for me.

Always Rakzo

I would have usually followed the mentality of "at least Bendis writes kids well" but after how he handled Jon Kent...

Interesting. I haven't read it, so I wouldn't know. But I'm still willing to give the Young Justice stuff a try. Maybe the specific character just isn't one that connects with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I would have usually followed the mentality of "at least Bendis writes kids well" but after how he handled Jon Kent...
    I'm behind on Superman but hasn't Jon only just returned to the book, like last issue? I know he aged him up - something that I'm not overly happy about - but isn't it too soon to write off that particular development.