Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    ...why?

Frankly, I wish Thor had the axe/hammer, storm breaker. That thing looked and functioned bad ass.

But Mjolnir without a strap to swing it with does lose a lot of effect.
    There's a real likeness to Groot's arm handle, I don't think it's s coincidence but it's not a bit deal, I just think it looks a bit clunky almost broken on the short hammer

Cosmic Ghost Rider has beyond insane power levels as hes basically an out-of-time bonkers amalgamation of powers designed for cosmic level Deadpool punchlines. I mean he's The Punisher with Ghost Rider + Herald of Galactus powers, plus the actual bones of Cyttorak making up his chains. Oh and the Time gem, as he did technically use that to time jump back to raise a baby Thanos. Thanks to the "Thanos Wins" arc he may have other nutty toys at his disposal too. I mean he did technically die to Molnir, but that was being wielded by an equally suped up and amalgamated Surfer ...

I don't think anyone should judge a character's powers using CGR as any kind of standard. He's there for the "over-9000" crowd with some slap stick thrown in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    We know he eventually gets it back because King Thor has the classic hammer. I wonder who will change it back or how
    The handle will probably be shaved down with a strap added

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    Cosmic Ghost Rider has beyond insane power levels as hes basically an out-of-time bonkers amalgamation of powers designed for cosmic level Deadpool punchlines. I mean he's The Punisher with Ghost Rider + Herald of Galactus powers, plus the actual bones of Cyttorak making up his chains. Oh and the Time gem, as he did technically use that to time jump back to raise a baby Thanos. Thanks to the "Thanos Wins" arc he may have other nutty toys at his disposal too. I mean he did technically die to Molnir, but that was being wielded by an equally suped up and amalgamated Surfer ...

I don't think anyone should judge a character's powers using CGR as any kind of standard. He's there for the "over-9000" crowd with some slap stick thrown in.
    He hasn't seemed that tough from what I've read of him, but even so in the context of Thor's usual depiction in this run it still isn't very flattering...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He hasn't seemed that tough from what I've read of him, but even so in the context of Thor's usual depiction in this run it still isn't very flattering...
    CGR hasn't seemed that tough? Or are you referring to Thor? I'm not sure how you could see CGR as not that tough considering his power set alone, let alone the gear he has at his disposal.

I mean Ghost Rider as a Herald of Galactus should be understandably insane.
    Punisher with an arsenal of cosmic/legendary weapons should be insane.
    This is all of those things.
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 09-21-2019 at 12:14 PM.

CGR hasn't seemed that tough? Or are you referring to Thor? I'm not sure how you could see CGR as not that tough considering his power set alone, let alone the gear he has at his disposal.

I mean Ghost Rider as a Herald of Galactus should be understandably insane.
    Punisher with an arsenal of cosmic/legendary weapons should be insane.
    This is all of those things.
    I've just read a few stories with CGR. He hasn't seemed that abnormally powerful.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Should i use the ''nobody gets Thanos but Starlin'' card again?

So he's just another Deadpool?
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Well never mind. You don’t agree with what Marvel are doing but they know exactly what they are doing so they really don’t need telling anything. Some of us are equally enthusiastic that Thor is just fine as he is in current comics and frankly some people that criticise don’t actually seem to be particularly knowledgeable of the history of Thor.
    Why am I not surprised you posted this? Obviously, this thread is for those that aren't happy with the direction Marvel is taking the character in. Telling everyone who disagrees with your notion that "how Thor is being written is simply amazing" is borderline obsessive. We get it. You LOVE Jason Aaron and he can commit no wrong in your eyes.

THIS thread clearly is not for people who think the way you do.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Right.

*nods to OP*

Problem with getting Marvel to listen to complaints about Thor is...well, getting them to actually listen.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

I was never a fan of how Jason Aaron wrote Thor. There was the odd snippet of greatness--God Butcher comes to mind--but in general, it was a mediocre run. I'm not sure the reason for the infatuation with "dismantling" the heroes of old nowadays, but I'm quite tired of it.

Extraordinary Member

Being able to fly through the sun, where the incredible internal pressure is enough to slow photons to a crawl while you're surrounded by the heat a million fusion bombs going off simultaneously, is pretty damn impressive.

Just to put a number on that, around the outside of the actual sphere [not the core] the pressure is the same as

340 MILLION Earth atmospheres.

That is about 8.5 MILLION times the pressure that will crush a standard submarine into scrap.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    I was never a fan of how Jason Aaron wrote Thor. There was the odd snippet of greatness--God Butcher comes to mind--but in general, it was a mediocre run. I'm not sure the reason for the infatuation with "dismantling" the heroes of old nowadays, but I'm quite tired of it.
    Because deconstructions sell. Although i like the new villains Aaron introduced in his Thor run, especially Dario the Minotaur, a Lex Luthor-esque antagonist to Thor's Superman, although corrupt CEOs are more into Iron Man territory.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 10-02-2019 at 01:49 AM.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Because deconstructions sell. Although i like the new villains Aaron introduced in his Thor run, especially Dario the Minotaur, a Lex Luthor-esque antagonist to Thor's Superman, although corrupt CEOs are more into Iron Man territory.
    Dario Agger works because he exploits natural resources and causes environmental damage. With Gaea's power significantly reduced in recent years when she transferred her powers to Herc this leaves her son in a protectorate role for the Earth. This was then expanded to cast Thor as protector of the ten realms as Darius himself began to exploit the wider Thor universe.

It’s almost as if there was a plan all along to increase Thor’s role and position. Hmmm. I wonder if anyone was saying that many years ago beneath the loud “They are jobbing Thor” shouts. Oh yes that would be me.

Because frankly it was bloody obvious that Aaron had a plan, not to pull Thor apart and rebuild him, because he never lost his powers as such, just his confidence and purpose. No, the plan was always to allow us to re-examine Thor’s position, importance and necessity by teasing each element of the character, role and deity out in individual stories separate from ‘he’s the heir of Asgard’ or ‘he is just worthy’ or ‘Thor is his name not a title’ etc. etc.

So in that respect ‘deconstructions’ do indeed sell. But usually because when approached properly they are meaningful and important stories that help define the character for a new generation.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-02-2019 at 02:15 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Dario Agger works because he exploits natural resources and causes environmental damage. With Gaea's power significantly reduced in recent years when she transferred her powers to Herc this leaves her son in a protectorate role for the Earth. This was then expanded to cast Thor as protector of the ten realms as Darius himself began to exploit the wider Thor universe.

It’s almost as if there was a plan all along to increase Thor’s role and position. Hmmm. I wonder if anyone was saying that many years ago beneath the loud “They are jobbing Thor” shouts. Oh yes that would be me.

Because frankly it was bloody obvious that Aaron had a plan, not to pull Thor apart and rebuild him, because he never lost his powers as such, just his confidence and purpose. No, the plan was always to allow us to re-examine Thor’s position, importance and necessity by teasing each element of the character, role and deity out in individual stories separate from ‘he’s the heir of Asgard’ or ‘he is just worthy’ or ‘Thor is his name not a title’ etc. etc.
    Thor getting pwned by She-Hulk, Ursa Major and Namor isn't jobbing!?

Also he did lost some of his powers. Mjolnir can do more than just throwing lightning bolts at people.