Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Either Al Ewing or Hickman, as long as he doesn't touch Thanos again.

#JimStarlinfan4life
    I'd love to see Hickman flesh Thor out. I'm sure he'd do justice to the character.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

BANNED

Perhaps some author will come along and retcon the whole run to not occurred like Dan Jurgens king thor arc or his Thanos being retconed to having been a clone but it's a remote possibility as long as Aaron is still at Marvel. On the other hand if someone like Cates comes along he will probably make thor Venom's or Carnage's bitch as he is a Stan of Aaron and continue with making him sink further into jobbery.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Perhaps some author will come along and retcon the whole run to not occurred like Dan Jurgens king thor arc or his Thanos being retconed to having been a clone but it's a remote possibility as long as Aaron is still at Marvel. On the other hand if someone like Cates comes along he will probably make thor Venom's or Carnage's bitch as he is a Stan of Aaron and continue with making him sink further into jobbery.
    Jurgens himself ended the Lord of Asgard saga by having Lord Thor realizing he's a douchebag and went back in time to tell 616 Thor not to become a douchebag like him.

And then Ragnarok and Dissassembled happened.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

And to continue, i think Cates would make Thor into Knull's punching bag as he's really pushing that villain to the extreme.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Fantastic Member

And to continue, i think Cates would make Thor into Knull's punching bag as he's really pushing that villain to the extreme.
    Guess we'll find out.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...d-matt-wilson/

Fantastic Member

aaa.jpg

New Thor is looking awesome.

Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    aaa.jpg

Can't wait.
    Sarcasm?

This Thor design looks like emo/teen fantasy Thor. Maybe Sephiroth Thor? The only redeeming quality is the star armor.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Sarcasm?

This Thor design looks like emo/teen fantasy Thor. Maybe Sephiroth Thor? The only redeeming quality is the star armor.
    No sarcasm i genuinely like the design. Sephiroth Thor rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    aaa.jpg

Can't wait.
    If this is Thor's actual new design for Cates' run, I'm all for it.

At least he actually looks like Thor and not Old King Thor or Odin. I'm missing the helmet though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Sarcasm?

At least he has his eye and arm back.

Fantastic Member

I'm calling AU Thor or someone else wielding Mjolnir, I don't think Cates is likely to retcon much of what Aaron did in his run.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Disaster View Post
    I'm calling AU Thor or someone else wielding Mjolnir, I don't think Cates is likely to retcon much of what Aaron did in his run.
    No writer really is, this early. But the fleshy arm and eye will return soon. I'd bet money on that

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Disaster View Post
    Another Thor story involving multiple Thor's just seems like a repeat of Aaron.

I know Cates seems to have major respect for Aaron's run but I would like to think he wants to do his own thing with Thor instead of just writing Old King Thor.

Fantastic Member

We'll see, hopefully I'm wrong.

I generally love Cates on Cosmic stuff. I think that environment gell's with his ideas nicely.

That said I don't like Knull. At all. Yet another "ancient evil" is just so unnecessary. But I also fully admit to being a bit snobbish when it comes to the Marvel Pantheon and feeling like it's already robust enough as is and doesn't need further cast introduced.

EDIT: oh, and Knull always felt like a love letter to Buffy and an homage to The First. Very vampire in appearance ... basically the same origin ... 8'm waiting for him to weave a slayer into this.
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 10-04-2019 at 08:35 PM. Reason: additional idea

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If this is Thor's actual new design for Cates' run, I'm all for it.

At least he actually looks like Thor and not Old King Thor or Odin. I'm missing the helmet though.

At least he has his eye and arm back.
    This was announced alongside Ewing's GoTG, which features reborn Olympians who are now more 'metaphorical' beings that represent their true selves. Maybe this new design ties into that.