Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Actually, BCE is more accurate. Dionysius Exiguus, the 6th century monk who gave us the concept of Anno Domini (AD, or "in the year of our Lord"), never claimed to know the exact date of Jesus Christ's birth or death when he was creating his Easter tables. In fact, he discarded previous convention in favor of one that pleased the pope and was consistent with Constantine the Great's original wishes. All of my professors back in college used BCE and its use is quite prevalent in texts after the 17th century. My experience is that most of the common population uses BC for all of the obvious reasons.
    If BC and AD aren’t accurate then BCE and CE are just as inaccurate. 2019 is still 2019. No surprise that your college professors used BCE. We all know how one sided they are. I never heard of BCE until I read it here at Marvel. Everyone I know or have ever met refer to it as BC and AD. I assume the vast majority of the world as well. Never in grade school, middle school, high school or college have I ever heard it referenced as BCE. Regardless I dropped anything Aaron is writing. He made Thor look like a buffoon and is turning the Avengers into his own personal prehistoric team. I’ll be glad when he leaves Marvel like Bendis did.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Smh.
    I know they decided on her as their "Wonder Woman" but . . . it just gets silly to after a while.

Relaunch after relaunch, followed by events, followed by relaunches, and her history change, Inhuman, now Half-kree. . . she's starting to feel like Captain Corporate or Captain Editorial Mandate. It sucks I used to really
    like her agnsty mid life crisis books. Oh well I hope her new fans are having a blast with it.

However, I'm reminded of the words of Love and Thunder director Taika Waititi "I’ll ruin your mythos in a minute, baby" and "Sorry in advance, suckaaaaaaa."

So to the Op. Would you rather he just stay dead or ... accept stories where Carol is now the official heavy hitter, or in which he's more like the god of hammers after all?
    They're gonna write it the way they want, its up to us to consume the offering or not.

All the Best. M_v
    I'm really starting to dislike this Waititi guy and starting to really believe that Ragnarok is the Thor & Hulk equivalent of Batman & Robin.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

This video is more relevant than ever.

If 2007 was the year Spider-Man died (One More Day) and 2012 was the year the GOTG, Nova and Thanos died, then we can estimate that 2014 was the year the Mighty Thor died.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

The melodramatic sense of entitlement in this thread is truly eye rolling. Carol is a cosmic badass, and there’s a lot about this story we still don’t know. Thor’s fictional manhood is still intact, and he’s about to have what will no doubt be an epic run by a writer who loves writing rock star gods. All will be well!

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    The melodramatic sense of entitlement in this thread is truly eye rolling. Carol is a cosmic badass, and there’s a lot about this story we still don’t know. Thor’s fictional manhood is still intact, and he’s about to have what will no doubt be an epic run by a writer who loves writing rock star gods. All will be well!
    She was never that powerful when she was Ms: Marvel. and i have doubts about Cates' Thor. His Thanos showed me that he has a thing for edgy gore and power levels being all over the place with no explanation. Say what you will about Jim Starlin but at least he didn't have Thanos demolish a bunch of celestials without the aid of some cosmic macguffin. And i think he will also write Thor as a thuggish boor with psychological issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    She was never that powerful when she was Ms: Marvel. and i have doubts about Cates' Thor. His Thanos showed me that he has a thing for edgy gore and power levels being all over the place with no explanation. Say what you will about Jim Starlin but at least he didn't have Thanos demolish a bunch of celestials without the aid of some cosmic macguffin. And i think he will also write Thor as a thuggish boor with psychological issues.
    So you’re playing purist with her power levels? Do you do that with everyone or just the ladies? Carol’s cosmic powers were established decades ago during her Binary period, and even when Busiek brought her levels down he established the energy absorption that still allows her to achieve those levels. She’s steadily increased in power in the two decades since. It’s not like a switch was flipped and she’s suddenly overpowered.

So you’re playing purist with her power levels? Do you do that with everyone or just the ladies? Carol’s cosmic powers were established decades ago during her Binary period, and even when Busiek brought her levels down he established the energy absorption that still allows her to achieve those levels. She’s steadily increased in power in the two decades since. It’s not like a switch was flipped and she’s suddenly overpowered.
    But they never explain how she was able to teleport Mjolnir away from Thor.

I don't think it paid much respect to Thor, I mean, he was clearly superior in the fight but I never got the sense he dominated it, take for instance the recent Immortal Hulk vs Thing, even though the latter won at the end, the entirety of the fight was dominated by Hulk, the gap was huge and you could feel just how superior Hulk really was.

There was nothing of the kind in this issue, no inner monologue showcasing Carol's struggle, no narration to expand upon the situation, absolutely nothing worth noting, the issue which incredibly short and uneventful, this clearly showcases the ability some writers have to portray an interesting fight in a single issue, and Dan Slott absolutely stomped Kelly Thompson.

BANNED

energy absorption made her take out voided out sentry and stand up to nefaria

the issue was low on explanation, but thor was throwing around lightning like no one's business.

The issue itself is also low on explanations throughout, but presumably they come later.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 12-01-2019 at 07:45 AM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

It reads like a salty MRA meeting.

Fellas it's okay that women are sometimes depicted as strong and capable.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

It's about character and power consistency. I don't mind Carol being pushed but why do they need to drag Thor even further in the mud?

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

Yeah... this is pretty scummy. Trying to reduce the arguments to "I doth protect M'lady" *Tips fedora*

Find some Chill brah.

It would be the same thing if Wonder Man showed up and tore Carols head off too.

It be the same response from her fans but likely WAY more dramatic. . .

No one wants to see their favorite drug through the mud for the sake of someone else. ESPECIALLY if it's become a trend. All there is to it.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Yeah... this is pretty scummy. Trying to reduce the arguments to "I doth protect M'lady" *Tips fedora*

Find some Chill brah.

It would be the same thing if Wonder Man showed up and tore Carols head off too.

No one wants to see their favorite drug through the mud for the sake of someone else. ESPECIALLY if it's become a trend. All there is to it.
    That's exactly what i was trying to say.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

That's exactly what i was trying to say.
    That being said... Coates Black Panther solo make me want to weep with anguish, guess I'm feeling entitled to having positive outcomes for my favorite protagonists . . . (almost like everyone else)

Further, You have made some good points, and if I'm honest I really thought initially "This guys tripping" when I saw your posts. Yet the more I read what you where saying and looked deeper the more I realized.
    Yeah this is the Worf effect, in full effect. I'm sorry dude. I'd really consider holding my bucks until the run ends, sometimes It has to be that way.
    Just being a good consumer means separating the wheat from the chaff as you can.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

BANNED

Find some Chill brah.

or you know, maybe they'd show some patience, realizing that there's something underlying afoot

i mean she's going after all the avengers, i don't think all of them actually die.

BANNED

One reason why i am thankful that Hulk jobbed to Thing, is because i didn't have to deal with people trying to turn this into women vs men arguments whenever i complained about it.

There is actually another "Captain Marvel" who is a woman, a black woman at that and she could kick the crap out of Hulk or Thor, wouldn't bother me one bit since i believe her to be more powerful anyway and i like her character but the cult of Brie Larson that has appeared in the last year or so where everything even remotely attached to her is just turned toxic is getting really tiresome.... If Thor was going around parodying her Carol Danvers head, you KNOW there would be people up in arms over it.