Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    True, but then what happens with the other heroes?

And this is where contractual stuff comes into play I don't know if read, recently it came out that Jason Statham and The Rock have a stipulation with their contract for the Hobbes & Shaw movie that they both have to have equal number of punches so no one looks weak.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...ock-lose-fight

So, you have to imagine every A-list actor in the MCU has the same stipulation.
    Why would we imagine that? We've seen the movies. We know better.

Thor was beaten bloody, off panel, at the start of Infinity War. Both Captain America and Tony were black and blue at the end of Civil War, Mysterio tore Spidey a new @$$ hole, Hulk got a beat down, and that's just off the top of my head.

MCU actors seem to understand what makes you bad ass isn't returning every punch, but getting back up every time. That, or their contracts aren't dictated by insecure action stars who can't actually do any acting :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I was talking about being accurate to the characterisation of the source material.

A goofball fratboy version of Superman would be just as problematic as a neck snapping Superman.
    I can understand that, but it's also up to the audience with HOW accurate the movie version of Thor is to the comics one. The First Thor...was at best okay, but the thing about that is how Marvel went with a different director to the next one and how that story was panned by the audiences. So there has to be a balance, but how can you compare a Thor who has been through a lot with the Thor in the Avengers films ?

I was talking about being accurate to the characterisation of the source material.

A goofball fratboy version of Superman would be just as problematic as a neck snapping Superman.
    I think with the Branagh version Thor was still humorous in certain instances. He had that gregarious and fun-loving tone in his speech pattern, despite his English being much more proper (in comparison with Ragnarok, where he sounds like your average Joe). He felt and sounded like an Asgardian god visiting Earth. In a strange way Marvel tried their hardest to make Thor the most "relatable" of the Big Three despite Thor being a space god and the other two actually being human.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

And sonewhere Fernando Comics is pissed.

I think one of the issues with Aaron's take on Thor is that he seems unaware that Thor can do more than just throwing hammers and shoot lightning.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 09-20-2019 at 01:16 AM.

BANNED

Alas once a jobber always a jobber.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    I think with the Branagh version Thor was still humorous in certain instances. He had that gregarious and fun-loving tone in his speech pattern, despite his English being much more proper (in comparison with Ragnarok, where he sounds like your average Joe). He felt and sounded like an Asgardian god visiting Earth. In a strange way Marvel tried their hardest to make Thor the most "relatable" of the Big Three despite Thor being a space god and the other two actually being human.
    Yeah, there was levity to Hemsworth's Thor pre-Ragnarok. Like that scene where he's talking Sif and the Warriors Three into attacking the Frost Giants or when he's talking to Loki, or even on Earth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Alas once a jobber always a jobber.
    Imo

There is no version of Thor that Aaron has wrote that I think hadn't been, in all honesty, a travesty of his once epic self
    I see nothing I like in how he has or will write him, it's utterly horrible and in my view lacks any liking or even respect for the characters history or position as the god of thunder and truly epic warrior he used to be

I will gladly see the back of Aaron's run on Thor, and my patience with his avengers run has run dry

That aside I really dislike the look of mjolnir now and that destroyer arm looks so clunky

Otherwise the art was nice I felt

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Imo

There is no version of Thor that Aaron has wrote that I think hadn't been, in all honesty, a travesty of his once epic self
    I see nothing I like in how he has or will write him, it's utterly horrible and in my view lacks any liking or even respect for the characters history or position as the god of thunder and truly epic warrior he used to be

I will gladly see the back of Aaron's run on Thor, and my patience with his avengers run has run dry

That aside I really dislike the look of mjolnir now and that destroyer arm looks so clunky

I miss Mjolnir's little tassle.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, can't spin it without one and that's a classic motif

BANNED

Imo

Agreed on all points.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Imo

Blame the usual MCU sinergy for Mjolnir's new look.

Ultimate Member

Blame the usual MCU sinergy for Mjolnir's new look.
    ...why?

Frankly, I wish Thor had the axe/hammer, storm breaker. That thing looked and functioned bad ass.

But Mjolnir without a strap to swing it with does lose a lot of effect.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, can't spin it without one and that's a classic motif
    We know he eventually gets it back because King Thor has the classic hammer. I wonder who will change it back or how