Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    In the Unworthy Thor mini I was hoping that Thor would stop feeling sorry for himself and realize that he's been too dependent on his hammer and that he's been using it as a crutch.
    He didn't, Even though both Jane and mother tell him that he doesn't need it, and that he was more than a hammer but he's still obsessed with it, feels like he's nothing without it and he needs it to be complete.

Self-pity is such a seductive emotion, and it really hurt to see Thor constantly wallow in it, it would be so much more powerful it Thor learned to not let a chunk of uru define his worth.

I really wish that Gorr was the antagonist of WotR instead Malekith. Jane-Thor and Regular Thor are fighting him together, gorr knocks the hammer out of Jane's hand, and Thor instinctively picks it up and WHAM....Jane and gorr freeze astonished at the moment, Thor smiles hands the hammer back to Jane, and they take gorr down together.
    At least Aaron made Malekith a cool villain, unlike the MCU where he was a dull generic doomsday villain with the emotional range of an amoeba.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    It's a idiom meaning they are the same thing.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...%20the%20other
    This overwhelming love for Ragnarok really confuses me. Apparently the majority of these people thought Thor was "boring and stoic" until the "genius" Taika Waititi waved his magic and made Thor cool and interesting by turning him into a goofball fratboy. This is the same man who said that he hated the Thor comics after reading 5 pages of a single comic. He also declared that Thor and Loki were unrelatable in the first 2 films because they're "spoiled, rich white kids". He also forced Hemsworth to be shirtless for a scene and told him "You're a piece of meat". He also ruined Loki's character in that film. Lastly, Valkyrie gets turned into an unlikeable, alcoholic Slave trader and Korg and Miek (who were badass in the Planet Hulk) are comic relief.

I can’t understand why people like Ragnarok so much? As a Thor fan for many years and I don’t want to be like Superboy Prime that says back in my days it was better. The fact that Thor can be subdued by a small button device on his neck?!?! WHAT! And screams like a little girl when in the chair moving fast?!?! What?!?! But then fight Surtur without fear?!?! And fights Hella without fear?!? My view it was the worst of the three Thor movies.

The Thor movies would have really benefited with having a single director do all 3 like Guardians if the Galaxy. I think Kenneth Branagh did excellent in bringing comic Thor to screen. Alan Taylor did very good at bringing the look of Asgard to life in The Dark World. Ragnarok is successful but it just turned Thor into a slapstick guy. If I could I would go back in time & make Kenneth Branagh director of all 3 solo Thor films. I think his vision would have played out well, been close to comics & been appealing to the massess.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    At least Aaron made Malekith a cool villain, unlike the MCU where he was a dull generic doomsday villain with the emotional range of an amoeba.
    Err, what range did Aaron's Malekith have? Every word that wasn't exposition was him looking to kick a dog

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Err, what range did Aaron's Malekith have? Every word that wasn't exposition was him looking to kick a dog
    He gave him an Interesting backstory and made him scary.

Malekith under Simonson was just Loki 2.0

On the other hand of Aaron was really smart, he should have brought back Desak to help Thor against Gorr and confront their views on gods.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 09-18-2019 at 04:03 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    6 = half dozen...
    What do you mean?
    IMO, MCU Thor is pretty much Hercules with a bleach job.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

This overwhelming love for Ragnarok really confuses me. Apparently the majority of these people thought Thor was "boring and stoic" until the "genius" Taika Waititi waved his magic and made Thor cool and interesting by turning him into a goofball fratboy. This is the same man who said that he hated the Thor comics after reading 5 pages of a single comic. He also declared that Thor and Loki were unrelatable in the first 2 films because they're "spoiled, rich white kids". He also forced Hemsworth to be shirtless for a scene and told him "You're a piece of meat". He also ruined Loki's character in that film. Lastly, Valkyrie gets turned into an unlikeable, alcoholic Slave trader and Korg and Miek (who were badass in the Planet Hulk) are comic relief.

I can’t understand why people like Ragnarok so much? As a Thor fan for many years and I don’t want to be like Superboy Prime that says back in my days it was better. The fact that Thor can be subdued by a small button device on his neck?!?! WHAT! And screams like a little girl when in the chair moving fast?!?! What?!?! But then fight Surtur without fear?!?! And fights Hella without fear?!? My view it was the worst of the three Thor movies.

The Thor movies would have really benefited with having a single director do all 3 like Guardians if the Galaxy. I think Kenneth Branagh did excellent in bringing comic Thor to screen. Alan Taylor did very good at bringing the look of Asgard to life in The Dark World. Ragnarok is successful but it just turned Thor into a slapstick guy. If I could I would go back in time & make Kenneth Branagh director of all 3 solo Thor films. I think his vision would have played out well, been close to comics & been appealing to the massess.
    MCU Thor's power fluctuates wildly, and as you have pointed out even within one film.

I honestly think that filmmakers do not know what to do with him, because he can't be depicted as his classic godly self because he would be so OP that he could have put the Thanos threat down all by himself.

I think Thor will always be underpowered especially compared to his comic version; unless they strictly keep him in the cosmos so he can't be compared to other heroes.

I honestly think that filmmakers do not know what to do with him, because he can't be depicted as his classic godly self because he would be so OP that he could have put the Thanos threat down all by himself.

I think Thor will always be underpowered especially compared to his comic version; unless they strictly keep him in the cosmos so he can't be compared to other heroes.
    that's why you amp up your biggest villain.

but they had to reduce him to purple, giant brick.

I never understood the If hero is too OP then there is no threat argument.

like, villains are even more OP so you will clearly have a balance.

if Thor is as strong as his comic counterpart and if Thanos is as strong as his comic counterpart then Thanos stomps.

it's simple asf.

I agree, I liked Branagh's take on Thor and Asgard. Would be interesting to see what he could do with the benefit of a far larger budget that Waititi had for Ragnarok. Ragnarok was a dumb action comedy that bordered on parody throughout the film. Although I think Feige messed up with Thor and Asgard by making them "advanced alien species" as opposed to myths come to life.

Dark World was forgettable because of the multitude of filmmakers and editors trying to turn it into a mish-mash of Twilight and Star Wars.

Ragnarok turned Thor into a dumb jock. Not to mention Marvel essentially tossed Asgard in the garbage because they had no idea what to do with them. I mean the most notable thing that Odin ever did was fall into the Odin sleep, banish Thor and wander around in Norway.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    that's why you amp up your biggest villain.

but they had to reduce him to purple, giant brick.

I never understood the If hero is too OP then there is no threat argument.

like, villains are even more OP so you will clearly have a balance.

if Thor is as strong as his comic counterpart and if Thanos is as strong as his comic counterpart then Thanos stomps.

it's simple asf.
    True, but then what happens with the other heroes?

And this is where contractual stuff comes into play I don't know if read, recently it came out that Jason Statham and The Rock have a stipulation with their contract for the Hobbes & Shaw movie that they both have to have equal number of punches so no one looks weak.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...ock-lose-fight

So, you have to imagine every A-list actor in the MCU has the same stipulation.

I think this is why almost every character had a hero moment, even if logically it didn't make sense (Cap using Mjolnir like a pro) or Iron Man not being turned into red mist when he fights Thanos one on one (people forget that Thanos single handedly knocked out Hulk).

That's my guess anyway, I would love to see a comic version fight where Thor shows his godliness.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Ragnarok turned Thor into a dumb jock. Not to mention Marvel essentially tossed Asgard in the garbage because they had no idea what to do with them. I mean the most notable thing that Odin ever did was fall into the Odin sleep, banish Thor and wander around in Norway.
    that wasn't even Odinsleep.

hell, there is no Odinforce as well.

True, but then what happens with the other heroes?

And this is where contractual stuff comes into play I don't know if read, recently it came out that Jason Statham and The Rock have a stipulation with their contract for the Hobbes & Shaw movie that they both have to have equal number of punches so no one looks weak.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...ock-lose-fight

So, you have to imagine every A-list actor in the MCU has the same stipulation.

I think this is why almost every character had a hero moment, even if logically it didn't make sense (Cap using Mjolnir like a pro) or Iron Man not being turned into red mist when he fights Thanos one on one (people forget that Thanos single handedly knocked out Hulk).

That's my guess anyway, I would love to see a comic version fight where Thor shows his godliness.
    they can still fight lesser ones more or less.

IM fighting top tiers is not that shocking.

he is pretty strong in the comics.

I agree with pretty much all of this, although I never read about those insights into Waititi's take on things. Do you have a source for them?
    He gave him an Interesting backstory and made him scary.

Malekith under Simonson was just Loki 2.0

On the other hand of Aaron was really smart, he should have brought back Desak to help Thor against Gorr and confront their views on gods.
    Aaron's Malekith reads more as Loki 2.0 in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    IMO, MCU Thor is pretty much Hercules with a bleach job.
    Right now he pretty much ranges, for me, from MCU Hercules to Chris Hemsworth kind of just playing himself as a Superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    I agree, I liked Branagh's take on Thor and Asgard. Would be interesting to see what he could do with the benefit of a far larger budget that Waititi had for Ragnarok. Ragnarok was a dumb action comedy that bordered on parody throughout the film. Although I think Feige messed up with Thor and Asgard by making them "advanced alien species" as opposed to myths come to life.

Dark World was forgettable because of the multitude of filmmakers and editors trying to turn it into a mish-mash of Twilight and Star Wars.

Feige and co. pretty much dropped the ball on most of the Cosmic side of the MCU. He's not the infallible god of filnaking MCU fans think he his.

And yeah, they nerfed odin so hard.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 09-18-2019 at 06:50 PM.

Feige and co. pretty much dropped the ball on most of the Cosmic side of the MCU. He's not the infallible god of filnaking MCU fans think he his.

And yeah, they nerfed odin so hard.
    I'd say it was more the fantasty aspect then the Cosmic side.

Jury's still out on the Supernatural side too. The Russo's did Strange justice but we still got cloud-monster Dormammu.

BANNED

Maybe someone who enjoys the Thor Ragnrok film, due to the Hulk fan in me, just like a good fun movie and don’t really care for the drama of the previous films. Have you ever thought of that ? Maybe they just enjoy it as a fun movie and nothing more. Isn’t that what escapism movies supposed to be like ?

As for Jock Thor consider what happen to Thor in the Avengers films that followed and you may have an intriguing storyline of something like redemption in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Maybe someone who enjoys the Thor Ragnrok film, due to the Hulk fan in me, just like a good fun movie and don’t really care for the drama of the previous films. Have you ever thought of that ? Maybe they just enjoy it as a fun movie and nothing more. Isn’t that what escapism movies supposed to be like ?

As for Jock Thor consider what happen to Thor in the Avengers films that followed and you may have an intriguing storyline of something like redemption in a way.
    I was talking about being accurate to the characterisation of the source material.

A goofball fratboy version of Superman would be just as problematic as a neck snapping Superman.