Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

@CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree, if you could hand pick a writer and artist for Thor, who would they be? Top 2 or 3 writer/artist teams?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    @CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree, if you could hand pick a writer and artist for Thor, who would they be? Top 2 or 3 writer/artist teams?
    Writer: Either Hickman or Mark Waid

Artist: Deurteman or Sara Pichelli.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Long Live the Thor Corps!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Writer: Either Hickman or Mark Waid

Artist: Deurteman or Sara Pichelli.
    my thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    my thoughts exactly.
    Thou and i are alike fellow asgardian fan.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Long Live the Thor Corps!
    Awesome group shot.

Thou and i are alike fellow asgardian fan.
    if only Aaron was thinking the same thing when he wrote Thor.
    Last edited by GodThor; 12-24-2019 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    if only Aaron was thinking the same things when he wrote Thor.
    Aaron, like Bendis, should stick with street level detective characters. He even put a Thor Cop in this story.

Aaron, like Bendis, should stick with street level detective characters. He even put a Thor Cop in this story.
    Ape-Thor was amusing. Strongest, worthiest Ape their is. So much awesome.

Better yet, he should leave comics altogether and explore romance novels featuring strong female lead roles.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Better yet, he should leave comics altogether and explore romance novels featuring strong female lead roles.
    I hope he doesn't meet a psycho fangirl of his romance novels.

I don't think Thor is gonna get punked and humiliated that much under Cates but he will be probably written as a thuggish boor with emotional issues.
    The inherent flaw of modern superhero storytelling. Humanize them as much as possible which has the negative effect of de-mystifying them. Especially when handling non-humans.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    The inherent flaw of modern superhero storytelling. Humanize them as much as possible which has the negative effect of de-mystifying them. Especially when handling non-humans.
    This. Thor is not a street level vigilante. He doesn't need alcoholism like Iron Man or Carol Danvers or self-loathing like Spider-Man to get a character development

Considering the amount of alcohol consumed in Norse myth, I'd have a harder time trying to buy Thor not being an alcoholic.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Considering the amount of alcohol consumed in Norse myth, I'd have a harder time trying to buy Thor not being an alcoholic.
    Thor's always struck me as a very regal and controlled individual, so I have a harder time buying him as an alcoholic. Or at least be as obsessed with mead as he comes off as under Aaron's pen.