Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But that Thor had Mjolnir. And everything that makes Thor Thor is housed in Mjolnir (or so we've been presented) .
    Exactly. Which is just painful.I still remember how Hickman briefly presented the Unworthy Thor at the end of his Avengers run.He was down and out but still maintained his dignity and regal nature.

We’ve seen Thor without Mjolnir several times in the past and he’s quite different than what we are seeing now.

The whole borderline alcoholic,unserious Thor is entertaining purely on a surface level but after a while becomes very grating and starts to become rather vapid. Odin too has been presented like some unserious, irresponsible god that apparently gets into fights drunk. I was very disappointed with the Robbie Reyes fight when Odin was smelling of alcohol, like seriously, the guy has apparently lived for billions of years and has encountered all manner of threats and sacrificed his own eye for wisdom. Going into fights drunk doesn’t show any form of wisdom or common sense for that matter.

Odin and Thor should be and have been better than what we are seeing nowadays. I’ve generally enjoyed Aaron’s work but he needs to lay off certain tropes he’s leaning into.
    Last edited by Username taken; 12-24-2018 at 10:58 PM.