Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    That's true to an extent in pure mono y mono barehanded combat Thor is noticeably less potent then say Hercules.

But he's still in the top ten of Bricks of the Marvel Universe, and their is no reason why he can't just slot in another weapon.

If a soldier's rifle breaks he gets another. Which Thor did get with that axe he had for awhile, but he was still a Jobber.
    I don't recall post-crisis Superman or Wonder Woman having a losing streak similar to Thor's. Sure they got hit by the Worf Effect a few times but it never reached the levels of post-JMS Thor.

Although i know that feats and powers are not the appeal of modern Superman but rather his kindness and altruism.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 11-29-2019 at 06:57 PM.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    you should have read the recent Avengers chapter.

terrible, just terrible.

btw, I thought Thor losing to Carol was bad but it seems he might be resurrected and hence he will get a new look which is great.
    What happened in the recent Avengers chapter?
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    What happened in the recent Avengers chapter?
    spoilers:
    he became a Brood and the only thing that kept him from killing CA is him holding his hammer and repeating I'm worthy. He attacked CA when he couldn't take it anymore.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    spoilers:
    he became a Brood and the only thing that kept him from killing CA is him holding his hammer and repeating I'm worthy. He attacked CA when he couldn't take it anymore.
    end of spoilers
    LMAO! And people say he's the best writers after Simonson. Just wow!

BANNED

LMAO! And people say he's the best writers after Simonson. Just wow!
    Did anyone read his Incredible Hulk run? It was one of the worst things i've ever seen.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-14-2020 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Did anyone read his Incredible Hulk run? It was one of the worst things i've ever seen.
    To say nothing of his Doctor Strange and Thanos Rising.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-14-2020 at 08:51 AM.

BANNED

To say nothing of his Doctor Strange and Thanos Rising.
    Yea those were crap too. I especially hated the Thanos one.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

What's up with everyone needing their character to be the most powerful character ever?

Everybody gets their ass-kicked sometime. That's life.
    Baby Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    What's up with everyone needing their character to be the most powerful character ever?

It starts to get old when a losing streak lasts more than 4 years.

BANNED

I don't recall post-crisis Superman or Wonder Woman having a losing streak similar to Thor's. Sure they got hit by the Worf Effect a few times but it never reached the levels of post-JMS Thor.

Although i know that feats and powers are not the appeal of modern Superman but rather his kindness and altruism.
    Rebirth DC characters have been pretty lackluster.

I don’t get the issue with The Carol other then the fact they made him seem heavily reliant on the hammer. They both came off as powerhouses during the fight and Carol has been shown to getting more powerful in recent years. A little disappointed Binary didn’t come into play though.

I’m more curious to what she did to his hammer and if someone helped her in that instance.

Yes.

But the problem is when the relative showings lack consistency...when they don’t ring true with what is known beforehand about the characters.

Let me put this question to you... what does it say when a experienced Uber powerful battle veteran of pitched battles over thousands of years is shown as less effective in fights than a string of other characters, including a nurse/ doctor with no relevant battle experience?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

It starts to get old when a losing streak lasts more than 4 years.
    Thor has been around for something like 60 years. If -- strength contests aside -- Thor has been largely considered the most powerful hero by far for all but 4 of those years, that's impressive.

As things stand, people still see Thor (or one of his proxies, like Beta Ray Bill) as a major heavyweight hitter. Marvel needed to shake up the power structure. It's unfortunate that they chose to do so by diminishing Thor, instead of elevating other characters without referencing the standard bearer.

For what it's worth, I think it's just a matter of time before the power elite is restored to the previous standard. Franchise characters typically win in the end.

Let’s see. He’s lost to Carol. The Juggernaut. The Hulk cracked his skull. Namor’s team. The Winter Guard. Did I miss anyone? I dropped the Avengers. Plus his BC Avengers isn’t doing it for me.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 11-30-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    By the way Aaron it is BC not BCE!
    Actually, BCE is more accurate. Dionysius Exiguus, the 6th century monk who gave us the concept of Anno Domini (AD, or "in the year of our Lord"), never claimed to know the exact date of Jesus Christ's birth or death when he was creating his Easter tables. In fact, he discarded previous convention in favor of one that pleased the pope and was consistent with Constantine the Great's original wishes. All of my professors back in college used BCE and its use is quite prevalent in texts after the 17th century. My experience is that most of the common population uses BC for all of the obvious reasons.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 11-30-2019 at 03:26 PM.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Marvel needed to shake up the power structure. It's unfortunate that they chose to do so by diminishing Thor, instead of elevating other characters without referencing the standard bearer.
    Smh.
    I know they decided on her as their "Wonder Woman" but . . . it just gets silly to after a while.

Relaunch after relaunch, followed by events, followed by relaunches, and her history change, Inhuman, now Half-kree. . . she's starting to feel like Captain Corporate or Captain Editorial Mandate. It sucks I used to really
    like her agnsty mid life crisis books. Oh well I hope her new fans are having a blast with it.

Meanwhile... I feel for the dedicate Fans I really do. Imagine if this was a Thor arc, and he beat Carol into unconsciousness and then brought her head to someone... :/

Just ... let that sink in. . . smh.

There was a book not long ago where they had Wolverine, not old man logan, but The actual in his prime Wolverine saying something like:
    I am the best there is at what I do, or at least I thought I was, until "She appeared" and all the while he's lamenting himself about to be killed by hand ninjas till X-23 shows up and saves him.
    *scratches head*
    I would think that the characters you've been given stewardship up and the fans that are dedicated to these funny books would deserve more than these types of antics.

However, I'm reminded of the words of Love and Thunder director Taika Waititi "I’ll ruin your mythos in a minute, baby" and "Sorry in advance, suckaaaaaaa."

So to the Op. Would you rather he just stay dead or ... accept stories where Carol is now the official heavy hitter, or in which he's more like the god of hammers after all?
    They're gonna write it the way they want, its up to us to consume the offering or not.

All the Best. M_v
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.