Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Where was Hulk's rant thread when he jobbed to Ben Grimm?
    To be fair Immortal Hulk has jobbed only to Thing so far, Thor has been jobbing to people left and right for years, plus Aarons horrible writing feels like a slap in the face to Thor fans. If i was a Thor fan, honestly i would have just given up on the character until the new writer showed up.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    To be fair Immortal Hulk has jobbed only to Thing so far, Thor has been jobbing to people left and right for years, plus Aarons horrible writing feels like a slap in the face to Thor fans. If i was a Thor fan, honestly i would have just given up on the character until the new writer showed up.
    That's exactly my point. I want Thor to stop being jobbed left and right.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Ben kinda deserved one, the poor guy.

Incredible Member

As a Hulk fan AND Thing fan, it was a legit win. Ben put everything he had into that punch and it shattered his arm. The Hulk was only out a few moments anyway. But I found it to be well worked out in how events would go down. I do wish Ben would get a power upgrade though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Ben kinda deserved one, the poor guy.
    Yeah he did. The poor guy has fought the Hulk more than anyone. How many losses to the Hulk has he racked up over the years? The Hulk is still bigger, badder, meaner, tougher and stronger than the Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Yeah he did. The poor guy has fought the Hulk more than anyone. How many losses to the Hulk has he racked up over the years? The Hulk is still bigger, badder, meaner, tougher and stronger than the Thing.
    My headcanon thinks Thing is half as strong as Hulk.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    My headcanon thinks Thing is half as strong as Hulk.
    I can sort of relate to that, and Ben is my favourite Marvel character by a country mile. But I think most significant difference is that Hulks strength has no top limit as he gets angrier and angrier...while Ben’s top end stays steady at around 100 tons.

I am one of many who’d like to see Ben powered up...but in my case I wish he was given an additional power rather than just making him even stronger and tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I can sort of relate to that, and Ben is my favourite Marvel character by a country mile. But I think most significant difference is that Hulks strength has no top limit as he gets angrier and angrier...while Ben’s top end stays steady at around 100 tons.

I am one of many who’d like to see Ben powered up...but in my case I wish he was given an additional power rather than just making him even stronger and tougher.
    I Always thought 100 tons is too small of a limit for characters like these. Should be at least 1000 tons for Hulk and 500 tons for Thing.

Incredible Member

I Always thought 100 tons is too small of a limit for characters like these. Should be at least 1000 tons for Hulk and 500 tons for Thing.
    I was just reading a collected edition of FF silver age stories. At one point, Ben boasts that he can press 10 tons! I'm guessing the Hulk would be doing 50+ by Silver Age standards.

BANNED

It's actually WAY above those numbers... Thing has a 50 000 ton strength feat and it's not even his best strength feat, Hulk has multiple planetary strength feats and even a feat of holding the weight of the start, and that's not even going into the more ridiculous feats of infinite strength that i tend to ignore since they are too silly.

The whole 100 ton thing has been outdated for a long while now and even back then it was nothing more than just way to put certain characters in different tiers, a class 100 does not mean they are 100 tons in strength, they could literally be trillions of times higher than that, even more.

It's actually WAY above those numbers... Thing has a 50 000 ton strength feat and it's not even his best strength feat, Hulk has multiple planetary strength feats and even a feat of holding the weight of the start, and that's not even going into the more ridiculous feats of infinite strength that i tend to ignore since they are too silly.

The whole 100 ton thing has been outdated for a long while now and even back then it was nothing more than just way to put certain characters in different tiers, a class 100 does not mean they are 100 tons in strength, they could literally be trillions of times higher than that, even more.
    I think Hulk fans overestimate the ''the angrier he gets the strongest he becomes'' thing. I don't think a extremely angry Hulk can pwn the likes of Eternity.

Extraordinary Member

I think Hulk fans overestimate the ''the angrier he gets the strongest he becomes'' thing. I don't think a extremely angry Hulk can pwn the likes of Eternity.
    Well hulk is not the strongest character in marvel anyway.

Hulk like superman is a Strength Infinitum character and not Absolute Strength character.

Read this.
    It talks about the hulk and why he not a Absolute Strength character.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...43#post4707743
    Last edited by mace11; 12-07-2019 at 02:02 PM.

BANNED

Oh god no. I don't think Hulk EVER could come close to someone like Eternity, i don't thing any superhero can. But Eternity is a multiversal entity, just because Hulk can go around lifting the weights of planets and even stars doesn't mean he is anything more than a microbe to someone like Eternity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Well hulk is not the strongest character in marvel anyway.

Hulk like superman is a Strength Infinitum character and not Absolute Strength character.

Read this.
    It talks about the hulk and why he not a Absolute Strength character.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...43#post4707743
    There is no hero stronger in Marvel than Hulk, the strength infinitum and absolute strength stuff is fanmade nonsense. It puts Hercules above Hulk lol, despite Hulk recently overpowering Hercules in strength just by flexing his muscles.

There is no hero stronger in Marvel than Hulk, the strength infinitum and absolute strength stuff is fanmade nonsense. It puts Hercules above Hulk lol, despite Hulk recently overpowering Hercules in strength just by flexing his muscles.
    Hello Thor, Silver Surfer, Hyperion, Blue Marvel, Gladiator and Sentry.