Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I'm unsure about that. Cates always struck me as a juvenile edgelord with gory violence and power inconsistency all over the place. I liked his GOTG even though it lasted only 12 issues and did nothing with Beta Ray Bill.
    It could be. Indeed, Cate's is far from being a "refined" writer.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    It could be. Indeed, Cate's is far from being a "refined" writer.
    I will miss JKMac's lenghty posts defending Aaron's characterisation of Thor though.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

To be fair, that was Aaron's Jobber Thor (Jobhor? Thobber?) ,not the real Thor, that was one shotted by Immortal Hulk. I remember Classic Thor being the only one capable of going toe to toe with Hulk back in Incredible Hulk #300.
    I get where you are coming from. This was still the real Thor but at this point in time Thors reputation has been ruined so badly by Aaron that everyone was basically beating him up. Yea that was back when Hulk was mindless, out of all the Avengers and Defenders there only Thor could go blow for blow with that Hulk. It should be noted though that Hulk has grown considerably more powerful since then. It's one thing that annoys me that they never did with Thor, Hulk has had an official upgrade after Planet Hulk even confirmed in handbooks and you can argue he got one with Immortal Hulk amping his healing factor and turning him literally unkillable, with Thor we never got anything new, in fact with Aaron it feels like he regressed the character.

I'm unsure about that. Cates always struck me as a juvenile edgelord with gory violence and power inconsistency all over the place. I liked his GOTG even though it lasted only 12 issues and did nothing with Beta Ray Bill.
    I don't think you should worry about Cates, yea he is VERY inconsistent when it comes to power levels but he also writes such high end feats for his own characters that i am pretty sure we are gonna have Thor go around throwing planets and breaking stars in the first year of his comic.

One thing i do agree with you his "edgelord" shtick is growing old on me and while i do like Thors new design if he turns him into Emo Sipderman from Spiderman 3 i am gonna riot.

Thor will Always be stronger than Carol canonically for me.
    Uhm canon doesn't work like that. Your statement should read "Thor will be always stronger than Carol to me, I will ignore the canon that shows when Carol is stronger because I am bias Thor fan". And it is fine that you are bias Thor fan people can like what they like but characters get power ups all the time and canonically pass other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Uhm canon doesn't work like that. Your statement should read "Thor will be always stronger than Carol to me, I will ignore the canon that shows when Carol is stronger because I am bias Thor fan". And it is fine that you are bias Thor fan people can like what they like but characters get power ups all the time and canonically pass other characters.
    There should be more consistency with a character's powers.

For instance, Thanos should never be defeated by the GOTG unless they have a Cosmic Cube.

Freaking Bendis.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

I don't get it. I gave the circumstances under which Carol could get a win, but did not really say she was stronger by default.
    The condition involved absorbing energy to amp, then separate the guy from the hammer serving a dual purpose of taking away his offence/defense while also catching him off guard for a moment.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 12-15-2019 at 06:23 AM.

Default King Thor finale: The end of the Jobber Thor saga?

I'm surprised Aaron didn't have Old Jane Foster pop out of nowhere to defeat Gorr. I completely agree with Thor Talk on his opinion of Aaron’s version of Thor. It’s not the worst superhero comic run (that would be Bendis GOTG or Lobdell Titans or Austen X-Men), it’s just mediocre and full of inconsistencies, which is what Thor should never be. First half of the comic was good, it lost me when Thor became a cop, a Death Star and then a wild barbarian. The ending was actually beautiful, it reminded me of the ending of All Star Superman, with the hero spending eternity working to keep the sun/cosmos alive.

With that said, i'm not very optimistic on Cates' run given some of the things he said about Thor being a ''dick'' and a ''Young god''.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I hope we get more Jobber Thor so we can see more of these threads in the future.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I hope we get more Jobber Thor so we can see more of these threads in the future.
    Well Cates is taking over.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Well Cates is taking over.
    I don't think Thor is gonna get punked and humiliated that much under Cates but he will be probably written as a thuggish boor with emotional issues.

BANNED

Aaron is closely working with Cates and will keep writting thor in avengers and Valkyrie. Jobber Thor is here to stay and once the Jane Foster movie comes out he will be the main and only version of thor that will ever be used.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Aaron is closely working with Cates and will keep writting thor in avengers and Valkyrie. Jobber Thor is here to stay and once the Jane Foster movie comes out he will be the main and only version of thor that will ever be used.
    I'm curious is this something that appeals to you?

I'm surprised Aaron didn't have Old Jane Foster pop out of nowhere to defeat Gorr. I completely agree with Thor Talk on his opinion of Aaron’s version of Thor. It’s not the worst superhero comic run (that would be Bendis GOTG or Lobdell Titans or Austen X-Men), it’s just mediocre and full of inconsistencies, which is what Thor should never be. First half of the comic was good, it lost me when Thor became a cop, a Death Star and then a wild barbarian. The ending was actually beautiful, it reminded me of the ending of All Star Superman, with the hero spending eternity working to keep the sun/cosmos alive.

With that said, i'm not very optimistic on Cates' run given some of the things he said about Thor being a ''dick'' and a ''Young god''.
    Wait what? When did he say these things?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Not sure if you hate Thor or just trolling.

You sound delighted.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.