Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Captain America is a period piece and War movie.Saving Private Ryan made 418 million, Dunkirk 527 million,Pearl harbor made 449 Captain America made 318 million dollars. If it was own it would be a successful War movie.
    Wonder Woman made 822 million...

I've made this point before, but if you slot each MCU and DCEU film chronologically, the DCEU film will have higher box office, even when accounted for inflation too I think. The only break was likely going to be Aquaman, which was unlikely to beat Avengers, yet it is going to be a billion dollar franchise (Shazam probably won't make as much as IM3 too).
    Last edited by Pinsir; 01-02-2019 at 10:34 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member

I think the big question is if DCs upcoming movies will be good or not.

Shazam looks fun, but I don't think that it will bring in a huge audience since it looks to small scale (like Antman), and it is probably inspired by Geoff Jones take on the character that is also controversial among fans.

When it comes to Birds of Prey I'm very sceptical, most of the creative decisions that were sofar announced seem very questionable to me, and not like the people behind it really know the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Wonder Woman made 822 million...

I've made this point before, but if you slot each MCU and DCEU film chronologically, the DCEU film will have higher box office, even when accounted for inflation too I think. The only break was likely going to be Aquaman, which was unlikely to beat Avengers, yet it is going to be a billion dollar franchise (Shazam probably won't make as much as IM3 too).
    As mentioned before the movies whether they are Marvel,Sony,Fox or DC are actually helping each other. Something like Wonder Woman or even Aquaman doesn't as good without other superheroes coming before them and opening an audience to them especially the style of movie that they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    As mentioned before the movies whether they are Marvel,Sony,Fox or DC are actually helping each other. Something like Wonder Woman or even Aquaman doesn't as good without other superheroes coming before them and opening an audience to them especially the style of movie that they are.
    Agreed, before and after Avengers there is a noticeable boom in superhero movie gross. But this means since the DCEU came after Avengers, WB essentially earned a windfall without doing the work. None of the DCEU films are below 600 million, but several Phase 1 have total gross below 400 million (Cap, Hulk).
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

If WW and Aquaman is any indication, yes! There's definitely potential.
    The thing is these pesky Warner Bros moron get the message and leave the directors to do their job.