View Poll Results: Which Age of X-Man mini do look forward to?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • The X-Tremists

72 37.31%
  • Prisoner X

64 33.16%
  • Apocalypse & the X-tracts

44 22.80%
  • Marvelous X-Men

51 26.42%
  • NextGen

36 18.65%
  • Amazing Nightcrawler

34 17.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    https://twitter.com/TheBigBang_/stat...41485160660997

Sounds like this will be a smash hit.
    Not really unexpected. It's not like Uncanny actually made people hype this storyline.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

But really my petty side makes me happy when I hear this kind of stuff. lol Serves X-Office right.

Aw. I was excited for these creative teams sans Brisson to make a mark on the X-Universe. I guess it was to be expected.

That's my local comic book store in Ireland

BANNED

Only if ya think a singular, anecdotal instance, outside of normal parameters no less, qualifies as a significant bellwether. Outlier, anybody?

Astonishing Member

Manga industry aggressively markets there manage to make sure everyon knows what comes out when and has a vague idea of what's going to happen. To some success, one piece volume sales only barely broke 13million last year, and put out 3 new volumes that year. Comics should do that if people can have some interest.

Extraordinary Member

I do wish comics would try and advertices more. We really keep things too in the community. And yes, I mean "we." We as fans need to be open to new readers and help them navigate what can be a very daunting first step, especially if they want to get into DC or Marvel.

I haven't put in any preorders for the first issues yet. I'm thinking I'll go to my LCS in person and check them out, since, yeah, I have no idea what they are or whether they all will be essential. That tweet is totally accurate.

I'll probably buy *most* of them in the end, but they're not an instant buy for me. It doesn't help there are so damn many of them, and I'm trying at least somewhat to be on a budget.

Age of X-man first impression is "their inspiration is so low that they're making another Age of Apocalypse. How original and exciting".

No surprise people's not buying it.

For me, it’s not completely about the incredibly vague premise that they barely explained. It’s also that it just doesn’t even look all that interesting and the fact that it’s built on the foundation of such a meh story as X-Men Disassembled certainly doesn’t help matters. At this point, the entire thing is basically a giant 6 month detour that nobody asked for and just inconveniences the entire line.

BANNED

SUNFIRE, Monet, RICTOR, and/or FRENZY, please.

Some I would've chosen didn't really seem like a good fit (Cecilia Reyes, Gentle), while others were already taken (The Cuckoos, SURGE), to my knowledge.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-21-2019 at 05:00 PM.

BANNED

For a weekly release, it looks like AoXM lead-in Disassembled's sellin' well enough; ICv2.com, TOP 500 COMICS--DECEMBER 2018:

17th overall & 7th for Marvel, UNCANNY X-MEN #4, @ 59,113
    20th & 9th, UNCANNY X-MEN #6, @ 57,475
    25th & 13th, UNCANNY X-MEN #5, @ 51,916
    27th & 14th, UNCANNY X-MEN #7, @ 49,964

And holdin' fairly steady, as its first 3 issues were in Marvel's top 12 for November, along with usual suspects Spidey, the F4, & Avengers.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-18-2019 at 07:52 PM.

BANNED

BoundingIntoComics.com, Uncanny X-men (2018): The Break Down, Part 1
    ... It has been a long while since I’ve really enjoyed an X-Men event. At the halfway point the story has been impressive. Though it does concern me that it’s taken this much time and so many creators. You don’t need to be a pre-cog to see what Marvel’s intentions are for this. They are breaking the X-Men down for a brand-new status quo- so I guess the title ‘Dissasembled’ makes sense. Thank goodness it doesn’t involve a cloud or a firebird space-god or at least not yet. Check back in 5 weeks for part two of the wrap-up!
    BoundingIntoComics.com, Uncanny X-men (2018): The Break Down, Part 2
    ... He reiterates his wish to make the world a better place but ultimately concludes that it cannot be whilst the X-Men exist. With unleashing a blinding flash of light X-Man carries out his judgment upon the students of Xavier and apparently incinerates the lot of them. The issue finishes with an epilogue seemingly narrated by the newly revived Cyclops. The death of the X-Men is known throughout the world, and the vaccine is openly disseminated to prevent the proliferation of the mutant race.

So ends Uncanny X-Men: Disassembled. Personally, I will say this was the most I’ve enjoyed an X-Men event in a long while. With Age of X-Man: Alpha only a couple weeks away, we’ll soon have our questions answered as to the fate of the X-Men. Only time will tell, but I believe we’ve already been given a clue or two during these last handful of issues. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    For a weekly release, it looks like AoXM lead-in Disassembled's sellin' well enough; ICv2.com, TOP 500 COMICS--DECEMBER 2018:

17th overall & 6th for Marvel, UNCANNY X-MEN #4, @ 59,113
    20th & 8th, UNCANNY X-MEN #6, @ 57,475
    25th & 12th, UNCANNY X-MEN #5, @ 51,916
    27th & 13th, UNCANNY X-MEN #7, @ 49,964

And holdin' fairly steady, as its first 3 issues were also in Marvel's top 12 for November, along with usual suspects Spidey, the F4, & Avengers.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

HA! And if ya throw in X-Force #1 as Marvel's 10th best-sellin' Dec. release, along with Exterminated #1, Extermination #5, & Deadpool #7 as its 22nd-24th, the X-Men/Mutant franchise accounts for a full 1/3 of that amount. With all 8 over the 40K threshold, eXcept for DP, who's still pretty much @ it. For comparison...

... Spidey books = 6 spots out of those top 24...
    ... Avengers & associated solos = 5...
    ... Star Wars related = 3...
    ... and The F4 = 2.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-18-2019 at 07:55 PM.