View Poll Results: Which Age of X-Man mini do look forward to?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • The X-Tremists

72 37.31%
  • Prisoner X

64 33.16%
  • Apocalypse & the X-tracts

44 22.80%
  • Marvelous X-Men

51 26.42%
  • NextGen

36 18.65%
  • Amazing Nightcrawler

34 17.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Interesting interview. The focus on melodrama and down-time wasn't something I was expecting from this universe.

Did the X-men exist as a team in House of M?

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Interesting interview. The focus on melodrama and down-time wasn't something I was expecting from this universe.

Did the X-men exist as a team in House of M?
    Not technically, but the SHIELD team comprised of mutants and token human Spider-Woman was, for all intents and purposes, their law enforcement X-Men.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

"This is not what you think it is. This is not a rehashing of the Age of Apocalypse."

Very reassuring that the writers feel the need to say this!

"It’s the quiet American Dream come true for the X-Men and thus a world and lifestyle that has never been explored for mutants in the past. But there’s a lurking darkness beneath."

Um, sure, Jan. SURE. Bendis is chuckling while guzzling a protein shake right now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    MARVELOUS X-MEN because Magneto is in it (and) he appears to be part of the team, (and) he appears to be at least an anti-hero again.
    Marvelous X-Men vote #29 is mine
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

BANNED

they should rename this event the House of X-Man

BANNED

BleedingCool.com - So, What is Actually Going On With X-Men: Age Of X-Man? (Major Spoilers)
    ... by Rich Johnston January 12, 2019
    Below are the solicitations for opening issues of Age Of X-Man. The upcoming Marvel mutant event was rapidly pushed together as the main planned-for big mutant event wasn’t quite ready and was delayed to the summer. But, necessity is always the mother of invention.

We’ve had a sneak peek at Age Of X-Man: Alpha, the opening issue by Zac Thompson, Lonnie Nadler, and Ramon Rosanas and have a few things we can share… Spoilers obviously–though much is already revealed in upcoming solicits, if you know how to look. And we do. You have been warned.

As the solicitations (below) suggest, a potentially perfect world has been created by Nate Grey, without any of the persecution of humanity that was part of the Age Of Apocalypse which, although this is not a sequel to that, it is totally riffing on. But there is more, including Brave New World, 1984, and The Handmaid’s Tale as well.

We are shown a world in which mutantkind is no longer an endangered species. In which Professor Charles Xavier’s dream was realised. In which the Marvellous X-Men, including Bishop, Colossus, Storm, Nate Grey, Jean Grey, Magneto, Nightcrawler, X-23, and Nature Girl spend their time tackling issues caused by new mutants coming into their own.

Because...

... Which gives some of the solicitations... new meaning. …

Oh, and there’s a memorial to Stan Lee in the hospital grounds.

Here’s what’s coming… Age Of X-Man...

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Honestly, this thing might get me to permanently drop X-Books forever. I'm sick and tired of these alt-reality things. Deal with reality, dammit, not fairy tales.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Deal with reality, dammit, not fairy tales.
    I can't blame them for not having the creative will to build on top of the house of X. It's almost sixty years old and has things like Azazel, Kwannon, "omega" mutants and mummudrai to contend with.

It's far easier to build elseworlds that use the same themes without all the heavy continuity.

That said, I'm looking forward to Nightcrawler ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    That does seem to line up with what's been revealed/teased at in the solits. And definitely sheds some light on the dirty work the X-Tremists are doing. (Also, <b>gifted</b> totally nailed what was going on on that second X-Tremists cover.)

BANNED

Honestly, this thing might get me to permanently drop X-Books forever. I'm sick and tired of these alt-reality things. Deal with reality, dammit, not fairy tales.
    Listen to yourself.

... necessity is always the mother of invention. ...
    I agree, and with this:

... riffing on... Brave New World, 1984, and The Handmaid’s Tale...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brave_New_World
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Handmaid%27s_Tale

... AoXM's got my attention more than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    That does seem to line up with what's been revealed/teased at in the solits. And definitely sheds some light on the dirty work the X-Tremists are doing. (Also, <b>gifted</b> totally nailed what was going on on that second X-Tremists cover.)
    It certainly does. "Reeducation", so to speak. Here's more: BleedingCool.com, Marvel’s Age Of X-Man and a Brief History Of Utopian/Dystopian... (More Spoilers)

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Listen to yourself.
    The fact of the matter is that these types of stories are where lazy, poor writers go to accomplish nothing.

But yes, let's spin our wheels and pretend anything from the 90s was worth a damn instead of truly moving characters forward.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I can't blame them for not having the creative will to build on top of the house of X. It's almost sixty years old and has things like Azazel, Kwannon, "omega" mutants and mummudrai to contend with.

It's far easier to build elseworlds that use the same themes without all the heavy continuity.
    Simple. Then find other characters to write your crap that doesn't fit about.

Frankly, Kwannon is about 100 times more interesting and pertinent than any of this.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 01-14-2019 at 08:46 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

The fact of the matter is that these types of stories are where lazy, poor writers go to accomplish nothing.

But yes, let's spin our wheels and pretend anything from the 90s was worth a damn instead of truly moving characters forward.
    AU stories can be an amazing playground to show different facets of characters, take a new look at core concepts from the franchise, create all-new dynamics that would never fly normally, and push some stuff really, really far. These types of stories are valuable. However, there are rules.

They have to be well-timed (not less than five years after Secret Wars, and not when your normal line has been spinning its wheels), they have to focus on things that simply can't be done in the main universe (not stuff that seems off but you could very much do better normally, like Hollywood Nightcrawler, a radical take on Apocalypse, X-Men in mutant prison), they have to be well paced (Six. Months.), the core concept has to be immediately unique (Elevator pitch stuff. If we have to get into details to explain why we're not House of M 2, we can do better), and the lead in has to be strong, (as in, not done through a sloppy weekly revolving around a 90's character who's heyday was before we even knew what a modern event was).

But even with all of these complaints, I'm going to start smoking hookah with Pooky in March, which is already 10x better than anything that happened last year.

So this is all a lead up to make Apocalypse the coolest, hippiest new x-man

BANNED

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...lity-spoilers/

This article seems to confirm that Jean's new love interest is

spoilers:
    Bishop, as some speculated.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...lity-spoilers/

This article seems to confirm that Jean's new love interest is

spoilers: