View Poll Results: Which Age of X-Man mini do look forward to?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • The X-Tremists

72 37.31%
  • Prisoner X

64 33.16%
  • Apocalypse & the X-tracts

44 22.80%
  • Marvelous X-Men

51 26.42%
  • NextGen

36 18.65%
  • Amazing Nightcrawler

34 17.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Age of X-Man: X-Tremists, by Leah Williams and Georges Jeanty.
    just because of boblocke humm

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    just because of boblocke humm
    It's actually Braddukes.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Betsy deserves better.

Idk if this has been specilated already, but is Prisoner X in-between worlds or something? Cast has 2 alt timeline characters and 2 who are appearing in the non-AoXM books plus...Polaris.

Fantastic Member

no disrepesct to any of the creators and while im sure all these series will be well written this is going to be a massive massive failure on every level....our store ordered pretty decently on the alpha book which will sell decently but there is just no and i mean no buzz for any of these mini series...we ordered pretty light on the first issues cause no one has been asking about any of the books and i figure by issue 3 or 4 if we sell ten copies of each it will be a lot. Marvel really screwed up sales on uncanny were way better than expected and the regardless of whetehr u like the story or not the book had some buzz and brought soome new customers into the store each week . Doing six series is just way too much even fore the most hardcore fan. If they did one 1 main book and one satelite book that would haeve been fine even probbaly could have gotten away with three titles but six jsut way too many

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    no disrepesct to any of the creators and while im sure all these series will be well written this is going to be a massive massive failure on every level....our store ordered pretty decently on the alpha book which will sell decently but there is just no and i mean no buzz for any of these mini series...
    I confess, this bit does puzzle me. We're less than a month out from the AoXM launch. At this point, I'd expect interviews, X-Pos, and a decent amount of unlettered preview pages floating around. And it seems like all the stuff coming out on the comics news sites is still focused on UXM, while the publicity for the side-series has largely been a matter of what the individual writers have arranged with podcasts and such.

I mean, I get it. The return and team-up of Cyclops and Wolverine is a far bigger deal than what's going on with the missing X-Men for so very many reasons. But it does feel like the AU side of things has been kinda left to sink or swim.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I feel like Magma was mentioned in connection to Nightcrawler somewhere too but I can't quite remember where I heard that.
    The absence Archangel is a big one and I'm surprised he's not an eXtremist or a prisoner (at least based on what we know so far)

For me the ones I'm most interested in are Sunfire, Frenzy & Rictor. There remain a few mutants not seen in Disassembled #10 that still may have been pulled into the Age of X-Man that we don't know of too. I'm curious whether or not Chamber, Blink or Danger answered the call for example. How many mutants were pulled into X-Mans world and how many were left behind? And is it possible that X-Man filled in the blanks in some instances (hence why we have two Dani's)?

... You're missing Sage, Archangel, Omega Red, Kylun, Prodigy, Tempus, Doctor Nemesis, Sprite, Beak, Cypher and Bling!
    The Magma thing sounds familiar. Creators have said Warren's participation is surprising supposedly, I think, and is being kept under wraps for that reason. Who you're most interested in = who I'm most interested in. The "prison" of Prisoner X, is the Danger Room, and anything is possible. Sage!

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Wasn't Kylun mentioned as Kurt's stunt double or something?
    Also sounds familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I'm sure Rictor's earthquakes were really effective against flying Storm.
    Shock waves?... IDK...

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well, Omega Red makes his appearance in X-Tracts. ...

... One mutant down for the cluster of questionable ones. I get the others coming.
    Much thanX, SF!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    ... X-Tremists, Prisoner X, and Love Guru Poccy still look great.
    You = me, too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Idk if this has been specilated already, but is Prisoner X in-between worlds or something? Cast has 2 alt timeline characters and 2 who are appearing in the non-AoXM books plus...Polaris.
    Interesting theory, could be. Like a Mutant purgatory, almost. Lines up with the Danger Room bein' the backdrop, in a way, with simulation & all that. Who's the other AU character, I thought that was regular Beast?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    no disrepesct to any of the creators and while im sure all these series will be well written... but there is just no and i mean no buzz for any of these mini series... Doing six series is just way too much even for the most hardcore fan. If they did one 1 main book and one satellite book that would have been fine even probably could have gotten away with three titles but six just way too many
    No offense, but the DM continues to wane while digital & trade grow, no? Nevertheless, that's sad & unfortunate to hear. Maybe seeming overkill will be the death of this event, after all. Or maybe buzz will build after the fact, due to the stories being told & word of mouth, like with some movies, TV shows, music, games, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    ... seems like all the stuff coming out on the comics news sites is still focused on UXM... and...

... The return and team-up of Cyclops and Wolverine...
    Huh, I've actually gotten the opposite impression, honestly. In that both promotion & response to that has been kinda tepid, in comparison. But maybe I can't see past my own nose, who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-23-2019 at 07:09 AM.

I'm not that familiar with this upcoming series.
    Is the Age of X-Man the 616 universe, or just a bunch of alternative stories that will not affect the main timeline or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Koj☆ View Post
    Is the Age of X-Man the 616 universe, or just a bunch of alternative stories that will not affect the main timeline or what?
    616 charcters sucked into an alternate pocket universe within X-Man. Think Heroes Reborn. Their memories have been altered due to reality warping shenanigans but these are still the same characters

The X-Men are ice cream.

Like ice cream, they have been scooped up from Earth Prime, and dropped into an alternate reality bucket, the Age of X-Man.

In June or something, something will happen to scoop up the X-Men and put them back into Prime, with the effects of that to be determined.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Thanks for the answer guys! That made it more clear!
    Not really a fan of alternate universe storylines, so think I'm gonna skip this!

But what about the characters from the Uncanny series, are they not in these books? Wonder how it will affect them if all these characters will be in this pocket universe.

BANNED

Thanks for the answer guys! That made it more clear!
    Not really a fan of alternate universe storylines, so think I'm gonna skip this!

But what about the characters from the Uncanny series, are they not in these books? Wonder how it will affect them if all these characters will be in this pocket universe.
    Uncanny X-Men will take place in the regular 616 and will involve Cyclops and Wolverine and a variety of mutants not put in the AoXM bucket trying to rebuild the X-Men/finish the job before they go extinct (books and interview aren't entirely in synch regarding this). It will deal with the fallout of almost all the X-Men dissappearing, as well as the eugenics legislation that got passed.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Betsy deserves better.
    Better than what? Or whom? Why?

Frederick is streets ahead of Angel, Beast, Cypher, AoX Iceman, AoA Sabertooth, Brian, Jamie, Thunderbird III, and Matsu'o.

BANNED

For what it's worth:

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Prepare for the AoXM with this... FAQ!

https://twitter.com/ZacBeThompson/st...46032214134789...
    https://twitter.com/ZacBeThompson/st...52391451230208
    ... trust me, the stakes are VERY real.
    https://twitter.com/ZacBeThompson/st...52916351623173
    ... this is something different and I assure you the stakes have probably never been higher. Wait and see. 🤓
    Hard tellin' if this is oversellin', but we'll find out soon enough, if this is eXaggerated hype or not.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-23-2019 at 06:12 PM.