View Poll Results: Which Age of X-Man mini do look forward to?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • The X-Tremists

72 37.31%
  • Prisoner X

64 33.16%
  • Apocalypse & the X-tracts

44 22.80%
  • Marvelous X-Men

51 26.42%
  • NextGen

36 18.65%
  • Amazing Nightcrawler

34 17.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    better dialogue and better pace. She wasted pages and dialog on a very bad joke. editors were sleeping on this?
    Y’all are talking about this cookie sheet joke like Leah plastered a watermark of their initial dialogue on every page. It sets up the feel at the beginning to show just how alike they are to the 616, then briefly as an aside while they’re doing oppressive police stuff (and I’m pretty sure something else was happening on the same page). I mean, I can see why people didn’t care for the joke but I don’t think it saturated the book beyond a page and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Y’all are talking about this cookie sheet joke like Leah plastered a watermark of their initial dialogue on every page. It sets up the feel at the beginning to show just how alike they are to the 616, then briefly as an aside while they’re doing oppressive police stuff (and I’m pretty sure something else was happening on the same page). I mean, I can see why people didn’t care for the joke but I don’t think it saturated the book beyond a page and a half.
    my main problem is that jke wasn't funny at all

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    my main problem is that jke wasn't funny at all
    I don't think it was a joke. It felt like a metaphor for the entire situation: the characters are forced into being something that they're not but X Man wants them to think that this is who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    There were other jokes that didn't land as well and I think the clunky dialogue was consistent throughout so there wasn't much to distract from the joke that fairly or not took center stage with a lot of fans.

I do, however, stan Miss Nezumi, and I hope she gets her revenge.

BANNED

https://twitter.com/MidtownComics/st...93893655658496: the leaders & associate member of AoXM's creative collective, whose brains we trust...

... Zac Thompson...

... Lonnie Nadler...

... and Vita Ayala...

... from a signing this past Thursday. Uncanny's Matthew Rosenberg was there, too. 8)
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 03-09-2019 at 01:09 PM.

BANNED

Also, the final AoXM variant reveal, for:

... by Dave Johnson.

BANNED

Even tho we're still waitin' on AoXM's final first installment, with the X-tracts, and have no idea how it's all gonna end yet... I have absolutely fallin' IN LOVE with an idea that dawned on me just recently, (mostly) as a result of this past week's Prisoner X, which IS:

... a prestige, animated maXi-series, made eXclusively for Disney's streaming service(s)!

Alpha & Omega would make for the longer, more all-encompassing first & final episodes, natch, with each of the miniseries:

... as the 6 in between, that zero in & focus on the characters, premises, & themes, already presented.

We require a 24 episode AOXM anime with openings by JAM Project and BAND-MAID.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Interestingly enough, I was also thinkin' a hyper-realistic, yet stylish anime, was the way to go. Not sure 'bout 24 eps, tho.

BANNED

As inspiration, the VERY first thing that X'd my mind, was:

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Also, the final AoXM variant reveal, for:

... by Dave Johnson.
    Whoa this awesome. Dave Johnson is pretty good

BANNED

Then this:

... as it seemed more fitting, maybe, for what we'd want from an AoXM anime.

... and of course...

... were also thought of.

BANNED

As of last week's issues, Jude Terror's thoughts on

Ranking the Age of X-Man So Far [X-ual Healing 4-10-19] - Bleeding Cool
    ... Okay, now it’s time for that Age of X-Man report card I promised. Here’s my thoughts on the five mini-series so far, in order of my most favorite to least favorite. Could these rankings change by the end of the event? It’s possible, but at this point it seems unlikely. I’ll still be rooting for Marvel to make me eat my words though.

1. Age of X-Man: Prisoner X – This unexpected dive into psychological horror is the sleeper hit of Age of X-Man. Since the story takes place in what we assume to be a holographic world created by the danger room, it didn’t necessarily need the Age of X-Man event beyond the initial reason for sending Bishop to prison, but if that’s what it took to get this book, maybe it was all worth it.
    2. Age of X-Man: The X-Tremists – This is the one good book out of the Age of X-Man which couldn’t really exist without the event’s concept, as it uses the changed environment as a means to deconstruct the characters featured in it. In addition to all that character work, the book also deftly features the soap opera drama that is the true heart and soul of X-Men comics.
    3. Age of X-Man: The Amazing Nightcrawler – This series is one of the best takes on Nightcrawler in decades and functions similarly to X-Tremists as a character study wrapped inside a soap opera plot. Where it differs from X-Tremists is that the main characters remain essentially unchanged from their regular universe nature, making it a more straightforward, joyous celebration of the characters than a critical deconstruction.
    4. Age of X-Man: Apocalypse and the X-Tracts – Though this book does have a unique story, the characters are so radically altered from their regular-universe versions that it’s hard to care about any of them.
    5. Age of X-Man: Marvelous X-Men – The “main” event book suffers from both a general perception that nothing that occurs in it will ultimately matter once the event ends and also from a lack of anything interesting actually occurring with the plot after 3 of 5 issues which mostly consist of the X-Men standing around and complaining about what they see on television.

Overall: Thus far, the Age of X-Man event feels mostly unnecessary, like it’s just treading water while we wait for the X-Men to return to the Marvel Universe and get rebooted by Jonathan Hickman. While three of the mini-series are actually very good comics, with the exception of X-Tremists, they all could have been made to work without the event concept with a little tweaking. The event as a whole suffers from its overarching concept being kind of boring along with its status as a lame duck event preceding the Hickman reboot that we know is coming when it ends (which isn’t even something I’m personally excited about, but I know that it will set the tone for the X-Books moving forward, rather than this event). Thankfully, I find more than half of the series quite enjoyable, and the other two are inoffensive enough that I don’t necessarily mind slogging through them, something you have to get used to doing occasionally over the long haul as an X-Men fan.

Do you agree? Disagree? Your take is welcome...
    Not sure why he ignores NeXtGen completely...

My ranking so far:

1. Prisioner X - The only mini that really justify this new reality, putting characters in a different, mysterious and unique place, exploring their psyche and the notion of reality and fantasy, trust and betrayal.
    2. NextGen - Well written and beautifully drawn, but its strength comes from the cast, the students that we love and miss so much. It doesn't need a new reality, just a new ongoing serie.
    3. Apocalypse and the X-Tracts - This title really embraced the new reality and created a totally new version of the characters. The stylish visual and the religious analogies are the highlights.
    4. The X-Tremists - The mini I had more expectations and the most disappointing one too. Don't wanna see the mutant gestapo cooking or filing papers in the office.
    5. Marvelous X-Men - The great X-men feeling something is wrong for 3 of 5 issue. That's it.
    6. The Amazing Nightcrawler - It's a tribute to X-Calibre, but actually, nobody asked for it. We already have forbidden love in Alpha and pregnancy in The X-Tremists, so it feels redundant.

IMHO X-Tremists and NextGen were good, Marvelous X-Men okay, Prisoner X and Nightcrawler bad, Apocalypse trash.