View Poll Results: Which Age of X-Man mini do look forward to?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • The X-Tremists

72 37.31%
  • Prisoner X

64 33.16%
  • Apocalypse & the X-tracts

44 22.80%
  • Marvelous X-Men

51 26.42%
  • NextGen

36 18.65%
  • Amazing Nightcrawler

34 17.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    HA! And if ya throw in X-Force #1 as Marvel's 10th best-sellin' Dec. release, along with Exterminated #1, Extermination #5, & Deadpool #7 as its 22nd-24th, the X-Men/Mutant franchise accounts for a full 1/3 of that amount. With all 8 over the 40K threshold, eXcept for DP, who's still pretty much @ it. For comparison...

... Spidey books = 6 spots out of those top 24...
    ... Avengers & associated solos = 5...
    ... Star Wars related = 3...
    ... and The F4 = 2.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

SUNFIRE, Monet, Rictor, and/or Frenxy, please.
    They certainly are rebels- these X-folks just can't help themselves. I would love to get them in the same book as Polaris, Dani & Bishop.

Sage & Archangel seem like plausible rebels. Danger, Pyro, Mondo, Ink & Adam X are rebels by nature too but I don't know whether or not they got swept up in the Age of X-Man.

BANNED

All of these seems to have neat little twists to them that could be interesting to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Age of X-man first impression is "their inspiration is so low that they're making another Age of Apocalypse. How original and exciting".

No surprise people's not buying it.
    When the original AOA happened, the X-Line was very robust in sales, and for most of us at the time, it was pretty surprising and of course you are going to buy to see what happens(and most of the books actually prefaced it with some mention or tie in to the M'Kraan crystal wiping out 616). This Age of X-Man is spinning out of a newly launch Uncanny that is on shaky ground in itself, sales-wise, and is now asking us to be invested in a whole line of AU books that are not variations of existing books, and will largely, if not completely, be irrelevant at the end of 5/6 months. I don't see how editorial doesn't see this is quite a different scenario and likely won't sell as well as AOA did.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    I vote 'none of them'.
    Me too, I couldn't care less about this event.

I'm interested in all of them.

Marvellous - The flagship team and main world builder. Has Jean, Magneto, and Storm. Interested in seeing Nature Girl with the big leagues.
    Nightcrawler - Despite being beardless I'm still a fan
    Prisoner X - Best creative team and character lineup
    X-tracts - X-men intersecting with the beat movement is gonna be hella weird
    X-tremists - Super gay creative team and lineup
    NextGen - Students need to be developed

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Me too, I couldn't care less about this event.
    I will third that with the added notion that even with my lack of interest, Disassembled somehow made me even less interested in this event. GG Marvel.

Not sure if I've commented already lol but I'm quite excited about all of them at this point but Marvelous. I hate the designs and there isn't a big hook like the others have.

1. Prisoner X
    2. X-Tremists

(these three are almost interchangable...something about all of them really intrigues me)
    3. X-Tracts
    4. NextGen
    5. Nightcrawler

6. Marvelous

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    When the original AOA happened, the X-Line was very robust in sales... at the time... This Age of X-Man is spinning out of a newly launch Uncanny that is on shaky ground in itself, sales-wise... a whole line of AU books that are not variations of existing books, and will largely, if not completely, be irrelevant at the end of 5/6 months. I don't see how editorial doesn't see this is quite a different scenario and likely won't sell as well as AOA did.
    In conteXt, would hope so, comiX in general had more robust sales. Why wouldn't they, there's no denying things were much simpler way back when. But that was 25 years ago, and times have really changed since then. I could be wrong, but think retailers would've had to place their orders for Dec.'s Uncanny releases, before they even knew how Nov.'s initial ones actually sold off their shelves. I also believe it's been implied that the AoXM books will have lingering, developmental repercussions, and I'm in favor of giving them the benefit of the doubt on that. Editorial doesn't know this is different than AoA, or realize it may not sell as successfully, where's that come from?
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-21-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Why try to emulate AOA so closely when it is obvious the franchise isn't in the same place as it was before?

BANNED

probably because AoA was the bombdiggity

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    ... even with my lack of interest... even less interested in this event. GG Marvel.
    I can relate, that's Major X or whatever it's called, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    They certainly are rebels- these X-folks just can't help themselves. I would love to get them in the same book as Polaris, Dani & Bishop.

Sage & Archangel seem like plausible rebels. Danger, Pyro, Mondo...
    OMG, you have no idea - SO WOULD I!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I'm interested in all of them.

Marvellous - The flagship team and main world builder. Has Jean, Magneto, and Storm. Interested in seeing Nature Girl with the big leagues.
    Nightcrawler - Despite being beardless I'm still a fan
    Prisoner X - Best creative team and character lineup
    X-tracts - X-men intersecting with the beat movement is gonna be hella weird

X-tremists - Super gay creative team and lineup
    NextGen - Students need to be developed
    A sincere thanX for saying this, it was SUPER-nice to hear, and I couldn't agree more:

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Not sure if I've commented already lol but I'm quite excited about all of them at this point but Marvelous. I hate the designs and there isn't a big hook like the others have.

1. Prisoner X
    2. X-Tremists

(these three are almost interchangable...something about all of them really intrigues me)
    3. X-Tracts
    4. NextGen
    5. Nightcrawler...
    IDK, the Marvelous' stylings are pretty unique:

... and I'm learnin' to appreciate them more & more.

Anyway, y'all got GREAT taste, and should take pride in that. 8D

BANNED

Why try to emulate AOA so closely when it is obvious the franchise isn't in the same place as it was before?
    Why not, what's the big deal? And TBH, I don't think it's all that closely. In format, and maybe facilitation to some degree, but not content. So in more superficial aspects than anything, really.

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    probably because AoA was the bombdiggity
    It was crazy & pretty compelling, no doubt. I had just gotten into them about 2 years prior, and was only buying the 2 flagships + Gen X at the time. But after that, I eventually started buying them all. Factor first, then the Force, and finally 'Calibur, IIRC.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-20-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Why not, what's the big deal? And TBH, I don't think it's all that closely. In format, and maybe facilitation to some degree, but not content. So in more superficial aspects than anything, really.
    Preliminary event involving Legion and the evident destruction of the X-Men? Check.

A [nearly] line-wide clean sweep of the titles, with new titles set in a new universe taking over, involving X-Man and Apocalypse in key roles? Check.

An Alpha (and presumably an Omega) book to intro (and outro) the crossover? Check.

Sure this is a 'happy' dystopia, sure there are different ideas in the books, but this is basically a play for play, not just a matter of superficial similarities.

BANNED

... this is basically a play for play, not just a matter of superficial similarities.
    No it's not, and yes it is. Everything you point to is just that, devoid of details, and at least in one case... not even entirely accurate. The frame =/= the picture it surrounds. And despite the most concerted efforts to do so, using broad strokes to try & paint the one neXt to it as a reproduction, won't either.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-20-2019 at 09:40 AM.