View Poll Results: Which Age of X-Man mini do look forward to?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • The X-Tremists

72 37.31%
  • Prisoner X

64 33.16%
  • Apocalypse & the X-tracts

44 22.80%
  • Marvelous X-Men

51 26.42%
  • NextGen

36 18.65%
  • Amazing Nightcrawler

34 17.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Jeanty was also the artist on the Layman Gambit solo. He does good sequentials...
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yeah, I recall Jeanty's comic art as wonderful. ...

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

From those samples I would say the 3 best artists are doing Nightcrawler/Nextgen/Prisoner of X

However I still have almost 0 interest in the Nightcrawler book even if it looks good

And even if X-Tremists looks like crap I bet it'll be awesome
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Well he did Weapon X, and my favorite Sabretooth
    Attachment 75519

His art was great Tierri's WX run.

I'll be trying all the books out except the Nightcrawler solo and NextGen is dependant on how much Maggott I'll be getting.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

BANNED

Why do you say that, lack of name recognition, or somethin'?
    exactly, besides Seeley who I'm just not a fan of, and Brisson with OML (not very good) the rest don't have much total comics writing experience besides a few mini series, the best thing about Leah's Emma book was the covers and the writing duo seems to barely know X-Men stuff and like Nature Girl so they obviously have poor taste.

Bunn, Duggan, Milligan, Pak and Taylor (even though Red wasn't my thing) are just a stronger roster of writers imo

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    I'll be trying all the books out except the Nightcrawler solo and NextGen is dependant on how much Maggott I'll be getting.
    Oddly enough, this was the exact phrase I used when asked if I wanted to try some casgiu merzu cheese while on vacation in Italy about 20 years ago.

I’ll be trying all of the titles, tbh. But aside from X-Tremists (which I will definitely be reading from start to finish), I’ll only keep up with the ones that hook me in issue #1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Well he did Weapon X, and my favorite Sabretooth
    Attachment 75519

His art was great Tierri's WX run.
    The page I posted wasn't intended to be a dis. I just tried to find somethin' quickly, that was relevant to your & Anduinel's comments. If that Sabretooth pic is any indication, I'll take your word for it, re. WX. I'm of the opinion that ALL the artists for these books, are more than solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    I'll be trying all the books...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    ... I’ll be trying all of the titles, tbh. But... I’ll only keep up with the ones that hook me in issue #1.
    I'm now leaning towards this, myself, I think. The deeper I get into the AoXM idea(s), the more pull I'm feelin' from all of 'em, as a whole. But while I remain STRONGly committed to Prisoner X, X-tracts, & probably X-tremists as well, I agree, the others need to grab me from the beginning.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    ... Bunn, Duggan, Milligan, Pak and Taylor (even though Red wasn't my thing) are just a stronger roster of writers imo
    I'll come back to the first part of your post at a later point, as it lines up with somethin' I was already plannin' on doing, with some makeshift profiling for each of the writers & their work.

I like Bunn, and feel I'm not alone there, obviously. That Duggan seems to have a lot of supporters here, within the X-community, cannot go unnoticed. Taylor's respected, I think, if not fully embraced. Same with Pak, but I get the impression it's even more of a miXed bag, with him. Milligan tho, isn't his mainstream stint generally frowned upon?
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 12-31-2018 at 07:18 AM.

I'll come back to the first part of your post at a later point, as it lines up with a somethin' I was already plannin' on doing, with some makeshift profiling for each of the writers & their work.

I like Bunn, and feel I'm not alone there, obviously. That Duggan seems to have a lot of supporters here, within the X-community, cannot go unnoticed. Taylor's respected, I think, if not fully embraced. Same with Pak, but I get the impression it's even more of a miXed bag, with him. Milligan tho, isn't his mainstream stint generally frowned upon?
    I know I didn't agree with Pak on that list. He's on a lot of people's list for Least Favorite writer in the 2018 vote boards. lol And given the mess that was Weapon X, it's well-deserved. Especially when he didn't give a good ending to it.

He may work better writing underdeveloped D-listers, because then he could so what he wanted without worrying much about characterization or development, neither of which was his strong point in Weapon X.

BANNED

I know I didn't agree with Pak on that list. He's on a lot of people's list for Least Favorite writer in the 2018 vote boards. lol And given the mess that was Weapon X, it's well-deserved. Especially when he didn't give a good ending to it.

He may work better writing underdeveloped D-listers, because then he could so what he wanted without worrying much about characterization or development, neither of which was his strong point in Weapon X.
    Yeah, I got the inkling his WX wasn't that well-received. And this: https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...eapon-x-(2017), as well as your thoughts, seem to bear that out.

Yeah, I got the inkling his WX wasn't that well-received. And this: https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...eapon-x-(2017), as well as your thoughts, seem to bear that out.
    Well Pak himself seemed to admit it. He mentioned that Weapon X fell under the radar, and due to that, he was able to pretty much do what he wanted. So seems while the book was running, nobody at Marvel really cared about it, which is why we got some of the stuff we did. lol

BANNED

Well Pak himself seemed to admit it. He mentioned that Weapon X fell under the radar, and due to that, he was able to pretty much do what he wanted. So seems while the book was running, nobody at Marvel really cared about it, which is why we got some of the stuff we did. lol
    Doesn't paint a very pretty picture, does it.

Doesn't paint a very pretty picture, does it.
    Hopefully that means it wasn't taken seriously, and everything in it will be ignored. lol Hell, Bunn's work gets ignored constantly, and he's had better ideas than Pak ever did.

I still would love the X-book that never got made. With this line-up.
    Attachment 75567
    Just change Creed & Bishop's uniforms, drop Mystique, and make Monet normal-sized, and it's good. lol

Marvelous X-Men
    Prisoner X
    Apocalypse and the X-Tracts

BANNED

... I still would love the X-book that never got made. With this line-up.
    Attachment 75567
    Just change Creed & Bishop's uniforms, drop Mystique, and make Monet normal-sized, and it's good. lol
    I agree on Mystique, but would want her replaced by Polaris. And the same goes for Armor, with Surge. There's nothin' Hisako can do, that Monet (and others) can't do better.