View Poll Results: How did you like Aquaman?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing, one of if not the best comic book movie

31 20.39%
  • Very good, enjoyable and engaging, worth seeing again

90 59.21%
  • Alright, watchable, but nothing special; a bit of a disaopointment

29 19.08%
  • A bad movie overall, a huge disappointment

2 1.32%
  • A disgrace, a total bomb, an aberration, Worst. Movie.Ever.

0 0%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    You know who acted a bit more like Aquaman in this movie? Patrick Wilson....he looks exactly like him too.
    I could agree with that.

I did not like Momoa in JL at all, but nothing in that movie worked for me. They made him work as Aquaman here though. The rest of the flick is so strong that it elevates him.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I haven’t seen a lot of people talk about this but was that freaking Dinosaur Island?!? Or maybe a doorway to Skartaris? I would have loved it if there was an old World War II plan crashed in the background. A nice “War that Time Forgot” Easter egg.
    If you're talking about the Hidden Sea, it was at the center of the Earth, hence why the Karathen manages to attack the Brine and Atlanteans from below (even if I freaking don't know how it managed that).

Astonishing Member

best movie since wonder woman.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The Hidden Sea was what sold me on the whole film. Loved it.

Best superhero flick ever, tbh

I voted "very good". The film was a fun ride. I greatly enjoyed it.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

It was fun to watch but Wonder Woman was a better movie in terms of characters and story. I'd rate it on par with Suicide Squad. Fun to look at but not much substance.

Extraordinary Member

It's okay.

I loved the Peter David run on the book, so I know a bit about the character.

Not as good as Wonder Woman, I thought, and not up to the level of Thor Ragnarok - I mention Thor because Aquaman seems to be DC's answer to the MCU's Thunder God.

I gave it 7 out of 10 on IMDB. It's worth seeing but I don't feel like I need to see it again.

Black Manta is definitely one of the strong points.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It was amazing.

The story, dialogue, and acting were just ok - nothing bad but nothing exceptional, either - but on a visual level it was so mind-blowing that it rates as one of the best comic book movies ever. It creates a world that is so stupendous to look at and so above and beyond what other movies have attempted that respect must be paid.

That's where I might differ with many. If the story, dialogue, and acting aren't great, it's not a great movie. Storytelling is about characters and story itself. People seem content with just a great spectacle, and given that casual audiences don't care if CBM's are much more than that, it works.

Astonishing Member

I never really felt as if I was watching DC's Aquaman, but in spite of that -- I liked the film.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    It's okay.

Not as good as Wonder Woman, I thought, and not up to the level of Thor Ragnarok - I mention Thor because Aquaman seems to be DC's answer to the MCU's Thunder God.
    Ragmarok had way too many jokes for my liking. I mean, I can't think of one scene in that film that didn't have a glib comment from someone. That isn't Thor to me.

Not saying that Aquaman didn't have its share of humor, but it had serious scenes as well -- without any forced humor.

We got an article in Australian papers Aquaman broke $1Billion worldwide, now.

The main characters

Aquabro is likeable, Mera has agency, but Aquaman's arc is quite mundane, which is a shame since he becomes king.

The Villain(s)

Orm had a great presence. Manta had a great costume.

The Storyline

It was average at best, with bad dialogues.

The Overall Tone

I liked the feeling of adventure, but the stakes were non existent.

The Visuals

Visually, it was simply amazing. So rich and well designed.

The Action

The action was incredible. The fight choreography was intense and creative, and it was very well shot and edited.

i had an enjoyable time. I'm glad a DC movie is doing well. That said, it's not a movie that felt memorable to me. It was a fun pop corn movie at best. Which is not a sin, but not what I want for the future of the DCEU.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    We got an article in Australian papers Aquaman broke $1Billion worldwide, now.
    If you go by Australian dollars it has. Also, if you go by Canadian dollars, it's in the billion dollar club.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    The main characters

Aquabro is likeable, Mera has agency, but Aquaman's arc is quite mundane, which is a shame since he becomes king.

The Villain(s)

Orm had a great presence. Manta had a great costume.

The Storyline

It was average at best, with bad dialogues.

The Overall Tone

I liked the feeling of adventure, but the stakes were non existent.

The Visuals

Visually, it was simply amazing. So rich and well designed.

The Action

The action was incredible. The fight choreography was intense and creative, and it was very well shot and edited.

i had an enjoyable time. I'm glad a DC movie is doing well. That said, it's not a movie that felt memorable to me. It was a fun pop corn movie at best. Which is not a sin, but not what I want for the future of the DCEU.
    A fair review and one I agree with. I should have given the movie more credit for what it does well, the popcorn fun and visuals. I should see it a second time, maybe I won't be as overwhelmed with what's going on during some of the underwater action scenes.

It was a fun popcorn movie, and that's exactly what I wanted from an Aquaman film.

Momoa was fun in the role, Heard's Mera was a tad serious (like she is in the comics). Black Manta was the more menacing of the two villains. If anything, Orm was a bit bland.

The movie pulled a lot from the Arthur's mythos (lost tribes of Atlantis, Xebel, Atlanna's lost realm, King Atlan, the Trench, etc), but didn't feel forced in the way that some of B v. S felt.

The visuals were great, and something we hadn't seen a lot of before, in terms of underwater action.

Probably my only real complaint was that there was so much "battle" going on in the finale, I started to lose track of who was fighting who. But the reunion of Tom and Atlanna at the end was very heartwarming and brought a tear to my eye.

Also have to add that at the end of the film, the packed audience erupted into full applause. Considering most of them weren't hardcore comics readers like I am, I felt like this was a genuine response to whether the movie was enjoyable or not.

I'm glad DC seemingly pulled off Aquaman and that ticket sales are good...it will encourage the WB not to give up on the movie franchise.