Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Default Did anyone know about this Moebius piece?

So, I was searching for artwork of various sci-fi environments when I stumbled upon this Superman drawing by Jean “Mœbius” Giraud. for Superman #400, an anniversary issue. and wanted to know if anyone was aware of it.

Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Is there something in particular you're trying to find out about it?

Personally I didn't even remember it. Not that it isn't great but the 80s anniversaries spoiled us with great pages.

Astonishing Member

Great work by Moebius. Something really haunting about it, gives a sort of darkish silver age look to it.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Retired

Well yeah, anyone who got SUPERMAN 400 knows about that pin-up, as well as many other tributes to Superman in that comic book. Probably Julie Schwartz realized that the chance to get all these great world comic artists to work on Superman was fast fading away, as the big end was impending.

“Know, oh prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of…”

"Don't let it be forgot, that once there was a spot, for one brief shining moment, that was known as Camelot."