Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by celgress View Post
    another great issue but i might be biased due to my love of a certain character who makes an appearance. I won't say more as not to spoil things for those who have yet to pick up the issue.
    yeah boi let's go!!!! Wooooo
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    That was great. Good to see the Maker get humbled.
    The Maker gets humbled quite a bit. In the past few series we've seen him in, he's had trouble adjusting to the relative weirdness of the 616 reality as compared to what was in the Ultimate Universe. Even here he loses Flash's DNA sample because he forgot to consider that Eddie and his symbiote essentially work as a team, unlike what he was used to in his home dimension.

Of course, I love to hate poor Ultimate Reed. He sucks. He helped to sacrifice his entire reality and what did it get him?

BANNED

BANNED

Damn this looks horrifying lol

I just read Venom #8. A fantastic issue that brought back a character tat I love in a nice callback, even if it wasn't really him. I think that Cates is doing a truly great job on this comic, and deserves to be acknowledged for doing so.

Extraordinary Member

I am digging that female cultist's costume!

And when they mean the Void, do they mean Sentry's evil side or Knull or Oblivion or someone new?

Ultimate Member

So Carnage is Freddy Krueger now?

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Issue #9 came out today:

spoilers:
    This arc is really getting into Eddie Brock's background, as was promised. We get to see his father, Carl, again for the first time since the original Lethal Protector, and there is no love lost between two. There does seem to be some intrigue as Eddie remembers his sister, but Carl doesn't. And for some reason, Carl's new son, Dylan, wants to team up with Eddie to try to kill Carl. Also, there's the continuing mystery of the symbiote, as it's still technically with Eddie, but is no longer truly connected to him. Case in point, Eddie could barely control it when it tried to kill Carl (the artwork for the symbiote mouth in the doorway was amazing). All in all, this looks like a Venom story that for the first time in a long, long, time, we're finally seeing Eddie being developed as a well-rounded character and not just a cash grab or foil to Spider-Man.
    end of spoilers
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I'm really loving this issue and really, all of Cates' run on this book. I've wanted this for years. I felt that the turmoil between Carl and Eddie was ripe for mining and I'm glad it's finally being utilized. Initially I was worried about the inclusion of Mary since she was an addition in an issue of Nova (that featured the most off-model Eddie Brock I've ever seen) and contradicted the fact that Eddie's birth resulted in not only him being an only child, but also killing his mother, thus Carl's hatred. Him suddenly having a sister made no sense all these years and I'm glad the book addressed that. Things moving forward are looking to be incredibly interesting. Cates is a self professed Venom fan and it shows. He's been taking things from all over Venom's history, streamlining it and making it work.

I really hope he dusts off Orwell Taylor and the Jury for this. They absolutely need a rematch with Eddie. Also, since Eddie's really been pursuing a heroic, thoughtful path, having an old sin haunt him is thematically exciting!
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockdingo View Post
    I'm really loving this issue and really, all of Cates' run on this book. I've wanted this for years. I felt that the turmoil between Carl and Eddie was ripe for mining and I'm glad it's finally being utilized. Initially I was worried about the inclusion of Mary since she was an addition in an issue of Nova (that featured the most off-model Eddie Brock I've ever seen) and contradicted the fact that Eddie's birth resulted in not only him being an only child, but also killing his mother, thus Carl's hatred. Him suddenly having a sister made no sense all these years and I'm glad the book addressed that. Things moving forward are looking to be incredibly interesting. Cates is a self professed Venom fan and it shows. He's been taking things from all over Venom's history, streamlining it and making it work.

I really hope he dusts off Orwell Taylor and the Jury for this. They absolutely need a rematch with Eddie. Also, since Eddie's really been pursuing a heroic, thoughtful path, having an old sin haunt him is thematically exciting!
    I have a suspicion that the Jury will be back. The last time we saw them was I think when they mistakenly attacked Gargan while he was Venom:
    http://www.4thletter.net/gavok/venom/macjury.jpg
    Last edited by Venomous Mask; 12-05-2018 at 02:12 PM.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

BANNED

I am not familiar with Eddie's background tbh but the issue was really intense . It's like every moment of Eddie's life is reflected on a dark path( chaos ,death and tragedy) .
    Btw can anyone explain pls what's the relationship with Carl and Brock ? i mean why Brock reacted towards him like that ?

BANNED

It was really good issue . Hoping to see more of it with time .

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I am not familiar with Eddie's background tbh but the issue was really intense . It's like every moment of Eddie's life is reflected on a dark path( chaos ,death and tragedy) .
    Btw can anyone explain pls what's the relationship with Carl and Brock ? i mean why Brock reacted towards him like that ?
    Carl's wife died while giving birth to Eddie (similar to what happened with Harry Osborn). His father somewhat resented him for this and never gave him the proper amount of love, no matter what Eddie did to try to please him. When the whole Sin-Eater debacle occurred, Carl practically disowned Eddie out of shame.

Extraordinary Member

Puppy-Venom is one of the cutest and most disturbing things I have ever seen in a comic. I mean, we have spent years getting to know Venom as a character and suddenly he's really no better than an animal now.

What I wonder is Eddie brother. Like, is he really Eddie's brother? Isn't Eddie like, what, in his mid-thirties or even early forties? And how old is his dad? Is this kid a clone or something?