Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Venom Lethal Protector #1 Feb 1993
    Dark Soul Drifting
    Venom moves to San Fransisco to try out his new protection of innocents racket;

Venom and Spidey save a group of homeless folk.

Script by David Michelinie, pencils by Mark Bagley, inks by Al Milgrom and Sam de la Rosa.

So I picked up Venom 161 solely for Spider-Woman.

In my internet wanderings, I've seen the theory that there's now a symbiote on Jess bc of this issue(apparently it's about to Spawn at the end of the issue?)? Considering I know nothing about Venom, what do you guys think the likelihood of this is? Especially since there's going to be a new creative team on board. (And if the mods think it should be it's own thread let me know)
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

The last thing we need is another symbiote.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    So I picked up Venom 161 solely for Spider-Woman.

In my internet wanderings, I've seen the theory that there's now a symbiote on Jess bc of this issue(apparently it's about to Spawn at the end of the issue?)? Considering I know nothing about Venom, what do you guys think the likelihood of this is? Especially since there's going to be a new creative team on board. (And if the mods think it should be it's own thread let me know)
    It seems to be more like "Venom may eventualy give her a symbiote" than "He already gave her a symbiote"

The spawn only shows up at the end of the issue on Eddy's hand, not on Jessica, so she doesn't have it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The last thing we need is another symbiote.
    What are you talking about? There are never enough symbiotes

Thanks for posting the panel. I did not even notice that or maybe I blanked it out lol.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-28-2018 at 11:45 AM.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I'm guessing that the spawn is going to be the creature shown on the cover of this upcoming issue:

"I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

Venom and Spidey save a group of homeless folk.
    Ah, classic Venom goodness.Those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It seems to be more like "Venom may eventualy give her a symbiote" than "He already gave her a symbiote"

The spawn only shows up at the end of the issue on Eddy's hand, not on Jessica, so she doesn't have it yet.
    Yet? So you think it's pretty likely that later down the line she'll have it? I've got so many more questions now.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Yet? So you think it's pretty likely that later down the line she'll have it? I've got so many more questions now.
    It's certainly possible she'll get one with this cliffhanger, but this is not an absolute, it could be a plot point they won't use at all, or use months or years from now, that's how comic books are for better or worse.

That's the truth. Thanks guys! I'll leave you to your regularly scheduled Venom chat XD

What are you talking about? There are never enough symbiotes
    It's kind of weird to see Jessica Drew of all people keeping Venom in check instead of, say, Spider-Man...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's kind of weird to see Jessica Drew of all people keeping Venom in check instead of, say, Spider-Man...
    It makes some sense considering it's after Venom Inc, so Spidey knows that Venom is on the "I'm trying this time" mood, so another hero would need to be used to get agressive with Venom, if it was Spidey then it'd be contradictory.

It makes some sense considering it's after Venom Inc, so Spidey knows that Venom is on the "I'm trying this time" mood, so another hero would need to be used to get agressive with Venom, if it was Spidey then it'd be contradictory.
    Man, remember the days when Venom was one of Spider-Man's deadliest enemies ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, remember the days when Venom was one of Spider-Man's deadliest enemies ?
    How long that lasted anyways? Venom got that Lethal Protector series in like, 93, and I think after that he was mostly some anti hero Spidey would rather not work with than a villain, and I'm not even sure if Lethal Protector started it.

I dunno. I kinda enjoyed seeing him go up against Jess. She's completely different than Peter.