Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

It is kind of interesting to see Venom interact with other Spiders, especially since we'll be getting a Miles appearance in the next volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The last thing we need is another symbiote.
    I agree, i rather they bring Toxin back instead giving us another symbiote they probably won't know what to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It's certainly possible she'll get one with this cliffhanger, but this is not an absolute, it could be a plot point they won't use at all, or use months or years from now, that's how comic books are for better or worse.
    It seems like such a weird time to bring another spawn, right before a new creative team takes charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It is kind of interesting to see Venom interact with other Spiders, especially since we'll be getting a Miles appearance in the next volume.
    Yeah, i'm kind of excited to see that. Venom vs spidey is getting old already.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wonder if the symbiote will be pissed at Miles for being knocked down with one Venom Blast in Civil War II lol

Quote Originally Posted by Imago View Post
    It seems like such a weird time to bring another spawn, right before a new creative team takes charge.
    It's possible that was the request of the next writters though.

Preview pages from Venom #164: https://www.cbr.com/venom-164/

WHOA! Thanks for the preview, I'm not sure what the story's gonna be exactly, but I'm very excited to have a good ol' seemingly back to basics story without any of the extra guest stars, cosmic whatnot and such. The first few pages have Carnage, Anne, the Life Foundation symbiotes and it's drawn by Bagley!

I know they're probably never gonna bring Anne back, but it's nice that other than the flashback in issue #150, we're actually getting Eddie to address her loss and how he does indeed miss her. That's one thing that's bothered me for a long while. In "Through the Looking Glass", they had her killed off, which was a big mistake in my opinion since their dynamic was one of the few things that endured through the various Venom books, but also, she was a supporting cast member that Eddie sorely needs. The other issue with that event, was Larson made Eddie swear to the heavens that THIS...THIS would be something horrible and a new age of terror would strike Peter Parker, but then he gets owned by a senator (Ward?) and the whole angle of revenge, or even mourning is swallowed up in Venom's downward spiral near the end of the 90s and early 2000's.

I've gone on about it in other places and I think here, but Eddie needs to retain some form of supporting cast. The symbiote is great, and I love that it now talks (as a kid I always wanted that), but he needs to have conflicts, friendships, and non-superpowered rivalries. It grounds him more and doesn't make his particular runs so replaceable. That's why I'm having high hopes for the upcoming series, there was mention of a supporting cast and I couldn't be happier.

Back to this issue, I feel excited because this feels like it's addressing things that need to be addressed. As much as I've liked this run, I felt that, like my supporting cast discussion above, it needed to keep a focus on Eddie's development and character growth, but the extra crossovers took away from that and didn't do much to expand on Eddie and the Symbiote's newfound partnership and journey. There was excitement yes, but I feel that it just stopped being about Eddie, the symbiote and their world and only served to hit the pause button, have some spectacle, introduce new concepts, but falling in danger of the old problem of not taking and nurturing what is there. New symbiotes and additions to their lore are added in every mini and series, but so often, they're just tossed aside for something new. The Life Foundation (organization and the symbiote 5), The Xenophage and other predators to the symbiotes, the "Spawning", Hybrid, Scorn, Mercury Team (not so much the dead members, but the structure; the government focus that has taken note of all the symbiote attacks over the years and felt the need to do something about it, so why nothing from them since their boys are dead and there's nothing in place to stop and subdue more subjects?).

I'm kinda babbling hah, but I'm excited because this looks like it'll be a personal two-parter and it'll at least look at the history a bit. I just like it when these past concepts are focused on, even for a little bit. Can't wait!
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

BANNED

Full list of Venom-themed trades coming in the fall in time for the movie

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03...-movie-amazon/

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I agree that Ann's death was pointless, but I think by the time Hunger rolled around, Eddie had so much on his mind (he was dying), that it skipped his mind. And those pages look amazing, we need to Life Foundation symbiotes back now.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Full list of Venom-themed trades coming in the fall in time for the movie

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03...-movie-amazon/
    I'm glad to see the late 90s Venom stuff will be getting collected as well, often it's forgotten in favor of the earlier stories. The Venom Agenda is one of the best Venom stories of all time imo.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Awesome piece of artwork.

On a related note, I do hope Classic Carnage returns at some point. He was always the perfect foil to Eddie's Venom.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Funny, I had this idea a long time ago. Carnage with Scream, Lasher, Riot, Phage and Agony. Now THIS is what I would call "Maximum Carnage".

And you know who would be the perfect host for Scream? SHRIEK!!!

BANNED

I agree with SHRIEK being the perfect host for Scream.

BANNED

Venom Lethal Protector #2 Mar 1993
    War and Pieces
    Venom is rejected by the underground dwellers he helped out;

Spidey goes to Eddie's father for answers about his son;

The Jury comes after Venom for killing its leader's son.

Script by David Michelinie, pencils by Mark Bagley, inks by Al Milgrom and Sam de la Rosa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Funny, I had this idea a long time ago. Carnage with Scream, Lasher, Riot, Phage and Agony. Now THIS is what I would call "Maximum Carnage".

And you know who would be the perfect host for Scream? SHRIEK!!!
    The Life Foundation symbiotes have been so underused, i mean 4 of them are currently on a dog

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Alternate Sandoval cover for Venomized #5:

"I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

i love that Homage cover.

little late but just read 164 and really curious if the spawn links to the new book. could potentionally be a new character to help or hinder brock against the new force in the relaunch. defintly interested
    X-Men Forever