Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    You know, after "Venomized", Cletus Cassidy seems to be permanently turned into a Poison; which leaves Carnage's symbiote without its prime host. Do you think Norman Osborn will stay as the new Carnage for a long time? Honestly, he as the new Carnage seems more promising than the whole "Red Goblin".
    I like when the symbiotes turn you into a darker more twisted version of yourself, enhancing your natural abilities... ala the Spider-Man influences and the Scorpion Venom... IF Norman keeps the symbiote, I'd rather they go with the Red goblin concept than 'just another Carnage'.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I hope that old Carnage doesn't stay Poison, although it might be cool if he retained some Poison abilities, as that might lead to the death of Kasady, an important Spider-Man character.

In other news, there's some info about an upcoming Venom mini:
    http://www.thevenomsite.com/2018/05/...#disqus_thread
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Imago View Post
    Venom #1 goes to second printing after selling 200k copies.. that's really impressive!!

Here's the cover:

I still dont get how an earlier version of venom has the spider logo on his chest, when venom only got that look to mimic spiderman after being thrown away by peter. Even the webbing and wall crawling was due to being bonded with peter, so why does this earlier venom have a spider symbol when it never met peter

Quote Originally Posted by rckstr1253 View Post
    I still dont get how an earlier version of venom has the spider logo on his chest, when venom only got that look to mimic spiderman after being thrown away by peter. Even the webbing and wall crawling was due to being bonded with peter, so why does this earlier venom have a spider symbol when it never met peter
    Well, the spider-logo was technically there when Peter was using it as a costume... not because he threw it away. The moment it bonded to him and climbed up his arm it was the black Spider-man suit. Which was NOT like his 'regular' one at all... He wondered if it was because he was thinking about the Julie Carpenter costume that it took that form...

maybe he was wrong??

Though, yeah, I agree with you. Anything that gives the Symbiote 'Spider-theme' before Peter is just dumb. I like, need, insist that he is the reason for the Spider, the wall crawling, webshooting and the round white eyes. Classic Venom is always a perverting of Spider-man. Darker, Edgier, meaner... Saying Spider-man was a footnote in that... just bugs me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I was surprised at that number. I'm curious what led to that level of interest. Is it the film? A name artist like Stegman?
    Yeah, i was surprised as well, i mean i knew it was gonna do well but i didnt expect it to sell this well. And i believe it's a combination of a few things starting with the creative team of Cates and Stegman.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress
    And now they turn around and make Cletus a "Poison" instead, like what the hell!? Why not just let him regain his own symbiote? The whole concept seems ill thought out and frankly stupid.
    I agree, Venomized was the perfect excuse to leave cletus in a better place, to give him another symbiote or at least set him free so he can have a chance to get his Carnage symbiote back; instead they turned him into a poison and let him wandering in space again...i swear sometimes it seem Bunn is just trying to piss ppl off, it's like he was thinking.. "mmm Carnage fans are mad they gave the symbiote to Osborn... what can i do to make it worst?

Quote Originally Posted by rckstr1253 View Post
    I'm sorry, which "earlier version of venom" are you referring to?

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I don't think that's supposed to be an early version of the symbiote it's the effect of the presence of the god, akin to when certain grasshoppers go into swarm mode and become locusts, or possibly some form of symbiotes royal heraldry.
    Last edited by Venomous Mask; 05-17-2018 at 11:34 PM.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I don't think that's supposed to be an early version of the symbiote it's the effect of the presence of the god, akin to when certain grasshoppers go into swarm mode and become locusts, or possibly some form of symbiotes royal heraldry.
    this is right. in the issue Venom is fighting Jack O lantern then wigs out because of the Klyntar god and develops the red swirls over his body. you see the same design later on the Nam Symbiotes
    X-Men Forever

Astonishing Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OOsbSwBLnQ

check out this video of Jim Lee drawing Venom. thats a character we haven't seen him drawn I dont think,

Mighty Member

Looks like season two of Marvel's Spider-Man is starting with Eddie Brock as Venom. There is a SPOILER in the trailer near the end, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Looks like season two of Marvel's Spider-Man is starting with Eddie Brock as Venom. There is a SPOILER in the trailer near the end, BTW.

Yeah, I saw one of the writers tweet that their "favorite villain would be returning to their rightful host," and it was pretty obvious who he meant.

It'll be the first time we've seen the original Venom in a cartoon since Spectacular (which was 6 years ago). And it looks like he's even at the Bugle like in the 90's show .

Still kind of weird that the Venom design still looks like Gargan's.

Great to see Classic Venom in a Spidey cartoon again.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Venom Lethal Protector #4 May 1993
    Part 4: Deadly Birth!
    Venom has been imprisoned!

While Brock's captors attempt to harvest symbiote spawn from his system,

Spidey does battle with an all-new female symbiote!

Written by David Michelinie. Art by Ron Lim, Sam de la Rosa and Al Milgrom.

Preview pages from next week's Venom #2 https://www.cbr.com/preview-venom-2/

Issue one was phenomenal and I’m not even a big Venom fan! Can’t wait for next week!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!