Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Venom look is definitely on-point .
    True, it looks great.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

iMan 42s

That Venom face looks way better than what it does in the trailer. Part of me is still mad they revealed Venom's face the way they did, but all in all it looks good.

Although I think the part that makes it for me is the way the jaw is shaped. The smile kind of looks like the jaw can't connect and so it could just drop at any given time, which is awesome considering the sort of movement the trailer implies with the gaping maw. That would even make a great reveal of the teeth.

It's kind of giving me flashbacks of the IT remake Pennywise. I sincerely hope there is a practical Venom head for this movie cause that would look gorgeous fully realized.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Rumors are two more Venom projects will be announced soon

Cates is working on something secret with Geoff Shaw too.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...es-geoff-shaw/

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Amazon fish has a Venomnibus volume 2 solicited for Feb 2019.

Complete your library of the symbiotic sensation's 1990s solo series! A new Sin-Eater strikes! Venom journeys to the planet of the symbiotes, and takes on an all-new Spider-Man: Ben Reilly! Threats mount, including the Jury, Dr. Paine and a symbiote-hunting alien - and Venom and Wolverine share an interdimensional adventure! Eddie goes on trial, with Matt Murdock as his defense! But when Venom becomes a government hired gun, it leads to clashes with Ghost Rider...and the original Spider-Man!

COLLECTING: VENOM: SINNER TAKES ALL 1-5, VENOM: ALONG CAME A SPIDER 1-4, VENOM: THE HUNTED 1-3, VENOM: THE HUNGER 1-4, VENOM: TOOTH AND CLAW 1-3, VENOM: ON TRIAL 1-3, VENOM: LICENSE TO KILL 1-3, VENOM: SEED OF DARKNESS -1, VENOM: SIGN OF THE BOSS 1-2, SPIDERMAN: THE VENOM AGENDA, VENOM: THE FINALE 1-3, UNCANNY ORIGINS 7; MATERIAL FROM AMAZING SPIDER-MAN SUPER SPECIAL, SPIDER-MAN SUPER SPECIAL, VENOM SUPER SPECIAL, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN SUPER SPECIAL, WEB OF SPIDER-MAN SUPER SPECIAL, SPIDER-MAN HOLIDAY SPECIAL 1995
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm glad this is being published, as it seems like many of the Venom solo stories beyond Sinner Takes All are often forgotten. The Hunted and The Hunger are awesome, and The Venom Agenda is one of the best Spider-Man vs. Venom stories of all time.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I'm now curious what a Venomnibus vol.3(or whatever title) might look like now that this volume 2 is happening.

This volume 2 is a nice bowtie on the 90s hyper success of Venom ending with his "death" in The Finale #3.

Venomnibus vol.3(proposed)
    Peter Parker: Spider-man(1999) #9-10, 12-13, 16-17, selected portions from #22
    Spectacular Spider-man(2003) #1-5, selected portions of #27
    Venom(2003) 18 issues
    Marvel Knights Spider-man(2004) #5-11: Ends with Mac Gargan as host of Venom symbiote
    Venom Dark Origin Mini #1-5

I'm not a mapping expert but this is a possible start to a Venomnibus vol.3. I think a three volume set works in some configuration as the symbiote transitions to Mac Gargan.
    Not sure where Eddie as Anti-Venom collected material would go. Is there enough material for an Eddie/Anti-Venom collection?

I think you could then collect enough material for a Mac/Venom Omni or two mid-size volumes.
    Collect the Flash/Venom series, Space Knight and relevant tie-ins for two volumes.

That would get the character current till Eddie returns as host.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Rumors are two more Venom projects will be announced soon

Cates is working on something secret with Geoff Shaw too.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...es-geoff-shaw/
    They are talking about the one-shot specials like Ve'Nam.. I bet one of those will be about Knull.

Oh that's good to know.. But damn, 3 Venom omnibus in less than a year? My wallet is not happy.

^^^^
    I'm not saying there will be a Venomnibus volume 3, I'm not clairvoyant. Only providing a loose mapping of what one could be.

^^^^
    I'm not saying there will be a Venomnibus volume 3, I'm not clairvoyant. Only providing a loose mapping of what one could be.
    Oh no, i wasn't talking about a possible Venomnibus vol.3, there's a "Spiderman vs Venom" Omnibus coming out later this year: https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAR180976

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Due to the influence that the story has on the upcoming movie, Lethal Protector is getting a novelization:

http://www.thevenomsite.com/2018/08/...tor-novel.html
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Due to the influence that the story has on the upcoming movie, Lethal Protector is getting a novelization:

http://www.thevenomsite.com/2018/08/...tor-novel.html
    I'm probably getting this.. could be interesting.

Preview Pages from Venom #5

Last edited by Imago; 08-17-2018 at 12:05 PM.

lol Miles, im not sure that's how you're supposed to wake someone up

And i guess Eddie forgot he's made some Venom wings before:

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Awesome preview. Whatt is the story with nova? MCP OR New Warriors or something?
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Awesome preview. Whatt is the story with nova? MCP OR New Warriors or something?
    It's from Nova vol.3, Eddie's sister (who we never heard of before this issue) got hurt while Nova was figthing some bad guy, so Eddie shows up to get some revenge. Typical 90s Venom.