Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    BANNED

New issue was intense. Glad Cates is digging deeper into Eddie. Seems safe to say this arc is gonna get dark.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 12-06-2018 at 07:37 AM.

Holy crap this issue was amazing. Stegman's art is breathtaking. I sometimes just sit and take it all in before going to the next page. I don't know between Venom and Immortal Hulk which is the best book on the market today. They are defiantly 1 & 1a for me each month!

Astonishing Member

enjoying the hell of this run, also am I the only one that was worried from seeing the preview images of this issue of the little boy chasing the cat(I realized in the issue that its young brock in a flashback) I was worried that the venom dog was gonna eat or kill the cat. so relieved when I read the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Holy crap this issue was amazing. Stegman's art is breathtaking. I sometimes just sit and take it all in before going to the next page. I don't know between Venom and Immortal Hulk which is the best book on the market today. They are defiantly 1 & 1a for me each month!
    SAME!!!!!! I have never read a solo book for either of those characters but dang if Cates and Ewing don’t have me LOVING these characters now.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Agreed. Marvel has been, for me, poor for years. Venom, Immortal Hulk along with Amazing Spidey are all just so good and this is the most fun I have had with Marvel since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Agreed. Marvel has been, for me, poor for years. Venom, Immortal Hulk along with Amazing Spidey are all just so good and this is the most fun I have had with Marvel since 2007.
    My pull list is 99% Marvel and thats the first time in my life that has happened! Marvel is indeed knocking it out of the park right now.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

There's a serious possibility that Spider-Man, possibly played by Tom Holland, could appear in the Venom sequel.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/movies...-news-casting/

Investigative journalist Eddie Brock will suit up again for more gooey action. Venom screenwriter Jeff Pinker confirmed that a sequel to Sony’s hit Spider-Man spin-off is in the works, and implied that the symbiote-clad anti-hero may not be a solo act in future films.

“I can’t say anything other than that it is happening,” Pinker said with regards to Venom 2 in a now-deleted interview with the Discussing Film YouTube channel. Pinker refused to share what a second Venom flick might be about, and for good reason. Not only is the Fringe and The Dark Tower writer bound by studio non-disclosure agreements, but he’s not currently signed on to write the upcoming sequel, IGN reports.

Still, Pinker dropped one hint that should make webheads around the world salivate with anticipation. When asked if Tom Holland’s Spider-Man could ever cross paths with Tom Hardy’s Venom, Pinker replied, “Without revealing anything that I’m not allowed to reveal, it is not impossible that in a future/upcoming Venom movie, Spider-Man will play a significant role.”
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

There would definitely be a better argument for it now that the first one made a lot of money, than if it had been a flop with the same low critical response.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Lightbulb

For those interested, our dimension hopping heroes encounter two interesting alternate versions of the Venom Symbiote (one seen the other mentioned) in the latest chapter of my What If OMD Never Happened? story - "Another Strand in the Great Web" -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1281972...-The-Great-Web

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

How’s the new series? I’ve never really read any Venom series before, but have been thinking about picking the current one, and maybe the legacy series as well.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    How’s the new series? I’ve never really read any Venom series before, but have been thinking about picking the current one, and maybe the legacy series as well.
    Absolutely fantastic! I have never read a solo Venom title before, but decided to pick this up from a recommendation from a friend. I am glad I did as it has been excellent story telling and I can’t wait to pick up each issue every month.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Absolutely fantastic! I have never read a solo Venom title before, but decided to pick this up from a recommendation from a friend. I am glad I did as it has been excellent story telling and I can’t wait to pick up each issue every month.
    Good to hear. I’m getting the current Cates run.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Amazing Member

Been binge reading through the recent runs the last few weeks. Loving Cates’ run so far, and Costa’s wasn’t half bad once he got Lee Price out of his system. I do wonder though how, or if, they’ll address the inconsistent way that Klyntar has been portrayed. Cates has it consistent with the GotG run, but in Venomized it shows the planet being totally deprived of synbiotes, which should be impossible given that the whole planet is nothing but symbiotes. Hope Cates addresses it, and also hope he brings back the xenophage and gives the Poisons some backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    As Jekyll said, this series is indeed fantastic. In the 90s, Venom was treated more like a cash cow than a character. I loved him, but will admit that he was fairly one dimensional. He has totally evolved as a character now that he's dropped his grudge against Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    As Jekyll said, this series is indeed fantastic. In the 90s, Venom was treated more like a cash cow than a character. I loved him, but will admit that he was fairly one dimensional. He has totally evolved as a character now that he's dropped his grudge against Spider-Man.
    Looking forward to it. I’ll let you all know my feelings once it arrives.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles: