Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Scoop: Venom Back On Earth With New #1 From Mike Costa And Gerardo Sandoval

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/...or-marvel-now/
    Hope Eddie will be featured in this series in some form

BANNED

Exclamation Deadpool To Become Venom Revealed Marvel Now 2016

VENOM POOL!!!!!!!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Yeah he is. Onlu in that mini series. The new Venom ongoing is totally seperate from that deadpool story.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Mark Bagley!!!

Always LOOOOOVVVED Mark Bagley's rendition of Venom.
    http://www.aminoapps.com/page/comics...ts-mark-bagley

BANNED

Happy Birthday Alex Saviuk!!!

Venomized Galactus by Alex Saviuk http://comicvine.gamespot.com/alex-saviuk/4040-7955/

BANNED

Cool Venom vs Ghost Rider!

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    I'd love to see ANY Ghost Rider encounter Venom again in the comics. Live action would be great too.

Encounters such as the above one remind me of why I loved Eddie-Venom back in the day.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Default Venom’s all tongue in tradd moore variant cover

http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-venoms-...variant-cover/
    Fingers crossed that the Johnny Blaze or Dan Ketch Ghost Rider appears in this upcoming series.
    A perfectly normal request since it is a FACT that in the 616 Marvel Universe nowadays there are multiple marvel characters with the same name running around.

It is complete NONSENSE to state 'There can only be ONE Ghost Rider be featured in the 616 Marvel Universe'.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-venoms-...variant-cover/
    Fingers crossed that the Johnny Blaze or Dan Ketch Ghost Rider appears in this upcoming series.
    A perfectly normal request since it is a FACT that in the 616 Marvel Universe nowadays there are multiple marvel characters with the same name running around.

It is complete NONSENSE to state 'There can only be ONE Ghost Rider be featured in the 616 Marvel Universe'.
    ...We already know that Johnny Blaze is still around and is still Ghost Rider from his appearances in Robbie's first series. Or, that is, we should.

Eddie Brock = Venom. That's all there is to it in my mind.

I loved original venom back when he was a villain. I hated the urge to turn him into an 'anti-hero' or Lethal protector or whatever they did in the 90's to make heroes more violent.

For me I always loved the nemesis'. Superman vs. Bizarro. Green Lantern Vs. Sinestro. Hulk vs. Abomination. Captain America vs. UsAgent. Spider-man vs. Venom. Ghost Rider vs. Vengeance. Anytime there is a hero who has to fight someone who has all the same powers they do... I LOVE that. Venom could add in Camoflague, Immunity to Spidey sense and Oh yeah... Knowledge of his secret Id and loved ones...

It was like Spidey vs. Predator. He could be anywhere, strike any time... You never knew where he was.... and his only goal in life was to KILL you. It was awesome.

Everything they've done since has just watered the concept down... but original Venom was awesome.

BANNED

Default Venom vs Superman and Spider-man?

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Impressive! Odd that Superman's cape is missing.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Howard Mackie!!!

Spirits of Venom (1992)

W: Howard Mackie http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....howard_mackie/
    I: Kubert/Reinhold
    (Spirits of Vengeance)
    &
    Saviuk/Rubinstein
    (Web of Spider-Man)

When Venom was introduced in the late 80’s he was an instant hit – mainly due to McFarlane using his rock-star status to create an evil, muscular, black-suited Spider-man that could fight with regular Spider-Man. In the beginning, you could tell Brock adored the power that the symbiote gave him – it wasn’t until Erik Larsen drew him that he started to show a disgusting, humongous, non-human tongue and started acting more like a monster than a man – claiming he wanted to eat Spider-Man’s brains. You’ll be pleased to know that his craving for brains is sedated by chocolate. Of course, it was only a matter of time that Marvel turned their newest fan favorite baddie into a watered down version who really wanted to do good.

In this excellent series – which spans across 4 books in 2 separate titles (Web of Spider-Man #95-96 and Spirits of Vengeance #5-6) – Venom is treated as the wild card he is – and truly should be.
    He isn’t ever a welcome part of the team – but sometimes used as a necessary evil – and he actually is more trouble than he’s worth. But I digress, let’s begin with the story.

Spirits of Vengeance, which employs Ghost Rider and a total bad-ass, the non-superhero Johnny Blaze, were hot on the trail of the Deathspawn, an army of dark minions who, with the help of Hag and Troll, seek to bring their master, Deathwatch, back to life. They cross paths with Spider-Man as he is trying to protect the Hobgoblin from the Demo-Goblin, with the cheesiest, best Spider-Man foe of the 90’s in tow, Spider-Doppelganger who is trying to “cleanse” the world of the Hobgoblin’s existence, while also trying to turn the foe over to the authorities.
    Of course, things get real hairy when Ghost Rider and Blaze run into Venom… who, for some reason, is hanging out in the sewers.

The only thing this mini-series may be guilty of is having too many awesome side stories cluttering the plot. Spidey, Hobby, Gobby and Doppy all get dragged into the Spirits of Vengeance quest as they get intertwined and the Deathspawn, needing life force to reanimate Deathwatch, kidnap whomever they can. Venom is in full force here as he has a hankering to kill Hag and Troll but then gets sidetracked when he notices Spider-Man has joined the fray. Everything else is a second priority to killing Spidey – but he continues to get denied – first by the Doppelganger who wants a piece of Venom for itself this is a fantastic match up I would love to see play out in a full length comic, then by an accidental grazing of Blaze’s bullet,

and finally, by Ghost Rider, multiple times, snatching his jaws away from Spidey’s skull with his chains. Venom is both a hindrance and a help the entire, action packed, four issues and it ends with another full-out brawl where Blaze has to weigh the options of letting Venom loose once again in order to save Spider-Man, even though, in turn, it will put Spider-Man in more imminent danger with Venom on the loose.

Guess who's back?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Guess who's back?

If it's for more than a cover or issue or storyline, i.e. if it's a long-term return than...Damn...I just realised we don't have a dance emoji here LOL.

We knew Brock would be showing up for the anniversary, though I wonder if they're trying to pull an "MJ" by teasing Brock returning as Venom on the cover to incentivize retailers to order more copies of that issue?