Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We knew Brock would be showing up for the anniversary, though I wonder if they're trying to pull an "MJ" by teasing Brock returning as Venom on the cover to incentivize retailers to order more copies of that issue?
    That's what concerns me about this news. Is it going to be an MJ style tease? Or is it going to have him come back and be Venom? Or hell, maybe they're going for TWO Venoms? (Since they have 2 Spider-Men LOL, 3 if you include Miquel).

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    That's what concerns me about this news. Is it going to be an MJ style tease? Or is it going to have him come back and be Venom? Or hell, maybe they're going for TWO Venoms? (Since they have 2 Spider-Men LOL, 3 if you include Miquel).
    Next thing you know, #7 has a cover with Flash as Agent Venom .

Next thing you know, #7 has a cover with Flash as Agent Venom .
    Wouldn't put it past Marvel to do that.

Guess who's back?

Well it's about time! That's what Venom fans wanted from the beginning when the new Venom series was announced. Granted, this was obviously planned out ahead of time, but you have to wonder why the new series didn't start with Brock getting the symbiote back in issue #1? Also, hopefully this will not be just a one time "reunion" between Brock and the Venom symbiote, either.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Oh Hell Yes!

Now if only Marvel could undo OMD or at least make Peter & MJ remember the deal, my comics fandom life would be complete.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-23-2017 at 05:22 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I've been posting everywher I can think of about this news and I'm excited, but nervous. With the new direction for the symbiote and Brock's redemption, I think we can have some really interesting stories if they want it. I just hope they don't ditch the great character development Brock's had over the years. Lee is fighting Pete in issue 5, I don't want them to do some excuse plot to make Brock hate Peter again for issue 6. It's a surefire way to kill his character if they repeat all the angles from the 90s. I just hope that Costa and Gerry Conway at least talked so that there's a continuation of Brock's growth rather than a regression.

Fingers crossed. Brock has so many underutilized allies and enemies. They could and should bring back the Jury with a degrading and maddening Orwell Taylor. Poor guy never did get closure for his son's death, so seeing the way that Venom's been propped up as a hero over the years must burn him something serious, but when Matt Murdock got Brock cleared for ALL his crimes when he was cancer stricken before Anti-Venom, that must have been a real conflict for Taylor.
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Amazing Spider-Man #317 is what got me into collecting and still remains one of my favorite issues because of Venom. If I had to pick one issue of the "Perfect Venom" its that one.

With the current news, mixed emotions. Venom is always Brock for me. But at the same time, I liked his characterization as Toxin in the Carnage Series and they're doing a good job with him. I feel it was many missed opportunities with this one. Two things I'm thinking about now:

1. Covers can be deceiving:

Thing is, I'm thinking Eddie is really coming back as Venom this time. His time as Toxin is over and Todd himself is doing the cover.

2. Venom's Direction? This has been a huge challenge for Marvel with Eddie. I'm really hoping they find a way to move this character forward and not backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

2. Venom's Direction? This has been a huge challenge for Marvel with Eddie. I'm really hoping they find a way to move this character forward and not backwards.
    A wise man once said "Always forward, forward always". After reading Carnage #16 and doing a bit of a retrospective, I really really loved Brock's growth. I hope that continues, there's potential for some GOLD here. Eddie and the symbiote back together, both changed for the better, but people see the old look, the previous man underneath that, and everyone thinks he's regressed, so they have to fight to prove they're better, but sins of the past come to haunt them.
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

Astonishing Member

First off Toddy McF's version of Venom is by far my favorite, Bagley's right behind that. I really hated the Larsen's addition of the extended green tongue that has become cannon. I really hope that Eddie is back, I was thinking of pulling the new series, until I found out that it was some new guy. I collected all of the Venom (Eddie) stuff, liked the Lethal Protector but never cared for Agent Venom and care even less for this new version. Marvel I fear is just doing this for the spike but will stick with the new guy, otherwise why not start with Eddie from the start of this volume? Then again giving the people what they want isn't really high on the Marvel agenda as of late.

So I'm left kinda confused at the Carnage ending. Is Toxin dead because there was no mention of what happened to the symbiote at the end of the issue and they just kinda went off on their merry way.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, after all these years of development, they bring classic Venom back once more? Honestly, this is pathetic. What's the point of character development if they always return to square one at the end?

Well, considering this, I just hope Flash's role won't be debunked. Considering the new situation, it would be perfect if he bonds with Toxin's symbiote to become "Agent Toxin". After all, in his last appearances, Eddie Brock as Toxin was using a look quite similar to classic Agent Venom. So, Flash becoming "Agent Toxin" would be perfect. I just hope that, for what I saw at the end of Carnage's series, Toxin's symbiote wasn't truly destroyed.

What do you think?

Astonishing Member

Well now it looks like Eddie-Venom is back for real and I couldn't be happier. Marvel is known for the red herrings but if this was always the plan it would have been better for Marvel to do a Flash forward letting everyone know that Eddie Brock as Venom was on his way but they had to get you there first, it might have meant better sales for the book initially. Was never an Agent Venom fan and even less interested in the new guy whomever he was so I didn't buy any issues of the new run but I have now added it to my pull list because the "Lethal Protector" is back. I have a feeling that Venom books are already feeling an increase in sales after the announcement.

I'm guessing Brock coming back as Venom might be a good indication as to who the Venom in the upcoming Spider-Man cartoon is...

I'm guessing Brock coming back as Venom might be a good indication as to who the Venom in the upcoming Spider-Man cartoon is...
    Yeah...It'll be Flash

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Yeah...It'll be Flash
    Well, it would be nice to have Flash on the show as well .