View Poll Results: Your favorite Avengers run

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • All-New, All-Different Avengers (Waid/Kubert/Asrar)

1 3.33%
  • New Avengers (Ewing/Sandoval)

3 10.00%
  • Uncanny Avengers (Duggan/Zub/Stegman/Larraz/Jacinto)

8 26.67%
  • Avengers vol. 7 (Waid/Del Mundo)

0 0%
  • Ultimates vol. 1 & 2 (Ewing/Rocafort)

4 13.33%
  • A-Force vol. 1 & 2 (Wilson/Bennett/Molina)

0 0%
  • Occupy Avengers (Walker/Pacheco)

0 0%
  • U.S. Avengers (Ewing/Medina)

0 0%
  • Champions (Waid/Ramos/Zub/Izaakse)

1 3.33%
  • Avengers: No Surrender (Waid/Ewing/Zub/Larraz/Jacinto)

5 16.67%
  • Avengers (Aaron/McGuinness)

7 23.33%
  • Other—you missed this title

1 3.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Default What’s your favorite post Secret Wars Avengers title? And why?

93F4D993-2039-42E9-8DE4-353BCF4689CA.jpg
    I left Marvel, and current comics in general, after Hickman’s magnum opus Secret Wars series, and until very recently have not looked back until a few months ago. Thanks to the most current relaunches, I’ve slowly been catching up on several titles I missed out on over the last few years, and I’m currently catching up on the Avengers franchise. What’s the general consensus on the Avengers titles during this time? It looks like we had an outgrowth of books during this period, and I’d like to know which book was your favorite, and why. Feel free to post scans of panels or issues that better help me see what you’re talking about.

Btw, I’ll put the creative teams in the poll options so that way it’ll be easier to choose.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Well as far as ongoings go, Uncanny Avengers was my favorite. But as an Avengers crossover story, Avengers No Surrender was my favorite.

Edit: I think I'm going to vote for UA though.
    Last edited by Captain M; 12-25-2018 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Well as far as ongoings go, Uncanny Avengers was my favorite. But as an Avengers crossover story, Avengers No Surrender was my favorite.
    I thought about that, and I actually put No Surrender in as its own category, simply because it was a totally different animal than the other Avengers titles before or after it.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

They're all good, Waid's run is more of his more chill style, but it has my favorite Kang story with a lot of great art and some really strong one-in-done stories.

The Duggan run on UA is the best X-Men book since Secret Wars. It's also an Avengers book, and it's great at that, too. Zub's two seconds on it before No Surrender are pretty good.

The Ewing stuff is the most experimental and out there, but it's a great showcase for a lot of less popular characters and is based entirely around Hickman developments, so it's good for fans of that run. Which is everyone.

No Surrender is a great event that somehow wraps up three different books.

There were certainly some other satellite titles like Occupy Avengers I'm forgetting but haven't read.

Oh, and the thing about this era of Avengers is that they weren't the guiding force of the Marvel Universe during those initial two years. Spencer's Captain America was practically an Avengers title by the last third, and is the Hickman/Bendis Avengers of the time, directing where the three Avengers books, especially Uncanny, were heading. It was also my favorite of the Avengers office back then.

Uncanny by Duggan was fantastic, it was both the best X and Avengers title when it was going imo. Runner up I'll cheat and say Ewing's run, since they all sort of connect and are can be see as sequels/spinoffs to each other Mighty/New/US and Ultimates.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Champions was a really sweet book, and while I appreciate the greater ambition of the Zub run, I'm a little hot and cold on it. Currently hot heading into the relaunch.

Aaron's Avengers run is gorgeous and excellently scripted, and is the ideal baby's first Avengers book. My biggest complaint with it as the spearhead of "Fresh Start" is that it's a little TOO fresh, but it's still a great start.

Ewing's Ultimates, great mix of character's and innovative story. I truly would be over the moon if this series returned plus Rocafort laid down some beautiful artwork. Top to bottom no other series in the line comes even close to touching Ultimates.

For the record, Champions may have spun off from ANAD Avengers, but it isn't considered to be an Avengers book. I've seen mention of a Champions office on Izaakse's social media.

You missed one, Shadowcat. West Coast Avengers by Kelly Thompson.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

For me it was All-New All-Different Avengers. I love how Tony and Sam were teaching the younger heroes how to be and what it meant to be Avengers. It was just a fun read. Ended a little to soon to me.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 12-27-2018 at 01:47 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Ewing's Ultimates, great mix of character's and innovative story. I truly would be over the moon if this series returned plus Rocafort laid down some beautiful artwork. Top to bottom no other series in the line comes even close to touching Ultimates.
    This, also New Avengers for being the most fun. Shame U.S. Avengers was so caught up in tie-ins and events that it never really felt like it was able to find its footing.

Uncanny Avengers by Duggan was really fantastic. Such a fun read.

Uncanny. It was my favorite Marvel book, overall.

New Avengers, with Ultimates as a close second.
    USAvengers and Zub's Champions are great too.

I currently own all of the Waid titles up through No Surrender, as well as Aaron’s run. I also just purchased all three volumes of Uncanny. Should I purchase Ewing’s New & USAvengers and read all of them at the same time, or are they pretty independent of each other?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I currently own all of the Waid titles up through No Surrender, as well as Aaron’s run. I also just purchased all three volumes of Uncanny. Should I purchase Ewing’s New & USAvengers and read all of them at the same time, or are they pretty independent of each other?
    US Avengers follows the events of New Avengers