Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

On that (Spoilers!) -

spoilers:
    The reason that I bought into The Tethered being able to rack up a body count was pretty basic. Seems perfectly reasonable that "Mirror Me" would have a pretty good window into what it would take to kill "Me" without a whole lot of X/Y/Z giving "Mirror Me" some sort of an advantage.
    end of spoilers

horror doesn't necessarily have to make sense. sometimes things are horrific because they are also unexplained. what is Jason Vorhees? did he drown? how did he come back for part 2 of Friday the 13th? if he did survive, why was his mother killing people? explain Nightbreed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    horror doesn't necessarily have to make sense. sometimes things are horrific because they are also unexplained. what is Jason Vorhees? did he drown? how did he come back for part 2 of Friday the 13th? if he did survive, why was his mother killing people? explain Nightbreed to me.
    Nightbreed horror version of Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Nightbreed horror version of Inhumans.
    who created the Nightbreed?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    who created the Nightbreed?
    While I can see where you are coming from, that the Nightbreed were indeed created is not a pretty central component of that film.

If the director had said that they were and handled it the way Peele did here, I'd probably feel about the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    spoilers:
    well If it all happened at once people are gonna be confused already and not expecting to just randomly get stabbed. I mean the main characters are the only ones that got toyed with seems like everyone else was too the point.. now alot of Logistics about this movie dont make sense but the tethered being able to kill people makes sense. People are soft and unexpecting. By the time everyone knows what's going on its probaly a little late. But yea I'm sure alot of people just like the main family survived.

The message and metaphor took priority over the scifi details clearly. Kinda doesnt make much sense and like I said where they were getting stuff from and the idea the government just left 100s of millions of people alive underground with nothing but a escalator to keep them down there dont really make sense. How the hell did they get that many gloves and Scissors? How does she coordinate with people all across the country. How come sometimes they have to copy what the person other times they just get stabby. They don't explain alot.
    end of spoilers
    I don't know all those people killed on the beech including cops but not one but not one clone was killed just seems like people with guns or the army can handle this I mean just pop them off as they do the stupid hand holding thing.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    On that (Spoilers!) -

spoilers:
    The reason that I bought into The Tethered being able to rack up a body count was pretty basic. Seems perfectly reasonable that "Mirror Me" would have a pretty good window into what it would take to kill "Me" without a whole lot of X/Y/Z giving "Mirror Me" some sort of an advantage.
    end of spoilers
    But not really because as soon as they started fighting back for real it was pretty easy to kill them off.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

From what we can interpret from the movie, the main characters are the only ones that don't really get ambushed like the others do. I guess that guy that was filming the attack on his phone for the news station too, but he was obviously too stupid to live.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I don't know all those people killed on the beech including cops but not one but not one clone was killed just seems like people with guns or the army can handle this I mean just pop them off as they do the stupid hand holding thing.
    Assumes that the groups you mentioned are still out there and alive, no?

While it obviously wasn't nailed down, I got the feeling that we could safely assume that they might have been the first to go.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Assumes that the groups you mentioned are still out there and alive, no?

While it obviously wasn't nailed down, I got the feeling that we could safely assume that they might have been the first to go.
    And we saw California ain't alot of normal people with Guns so if cops got ambushed or were just busy else where... guns ain't gonna be a big thing as California Gun laws are no joke compared to alot of America. But yea that's over analyzing it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    And we saw California ain't alot of normal people with Guns so if cops got ambushed or were just busy else where... guns ain't gonna be a big thing as California Gun laws are no joke compared to alot of America. But yea that's over analyzing it.
    You gotta figure that the people who had birth defects surgically corrected later in life are racking up a body count now, too :P