Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

What Superman needs is to acknowledge the Man of Steel film loosely to keep cohesion with the rest of the successful DCEU. Kinda like how Marvel did with the Hulk movies. So, hopefully we get Cavill back, but if not, we can at least have a backbone to go by without rehashing origins.

So, we get an actual sequel.

We start with Last Son of Krypton. Let’s say it comes out in...2021. Here, we have Brainiac as the big bad. Lois and Clark are planning a wedding. Clark still has his Secret Identity. This is where we open the door for Supergirl with Brainiacs bottled cities. We focus (for the final time) with The Whole Krypton backstory saga (Man of Steel=origin, BVS=Death, Last Son=completion). Supes fully embraces his mission to be Earths protector and the true Last Son of Krypton. We have an appearance of Hanks Henshaw as Brainiac blasts his family to bits in the opening.

Then, in 2022, we release Supergirl. Here, this is a more “Shazam” fun movie. Give her Reatron as a villain.

At this point we do a JL sequel where the Legion of Doom is your villains and Lex returns there.

In 2023, We have Man of Tomorrow, where a Superman appears who claims the mainstream Supes we have been folllowing is not the true deal, but an imposter and this new Superman is the real deal. Eventually giving us Cyborg Superman and a tie to the previous Last Son. The movie begins with the wedding of Lois and Clark which gives us drama with Lois wondering if this is the real Clark. By the end of the movie, Lois is preggers

In 2024, using the Kryptonian DNA that Cyborg Superman had of Kal, Cadmus engineers a clone. We get a Superboy movie with Parasite being the big bad.

A Supergirl Sequel in 2025.

Of course, even in spinoff movies, Superman appears in all.

Just be a fun movie where Superman wins/is the best. Embrace the male power fantasy that old Superman comics are. No more washed out colors. No whining/self doubt. Superman portrayed as right and winning.

It's why Batman is number 1 now. He spent a couple decades written as always right and he always wins. Batgod switched places with Superman and popularity followed suit. People want the best.

I want to see a Man Of Steel sequel where we saw Superman the way he was at the end of Justice League. Continue him with that mindset. Show him smiling, wisecracking and actually enjoying being a hero. I want to see a villain we've not seen in a movie before. Maybe Braniac, I'm not sure.

I actually wouldn't be against the idea of it going a few years later and introducing Jon Kent AKA Superboy. Concurrently I'd like to see Damien Wayne's Robin be introduced in a Batman movie - cause I think a spin of Super Sons movie would absolutely CLEAN UP.
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

I would love a Super Sons movie. The biggest issue would be casting good kid actors.

James Gunn was supposedly offered a choice to direct Suicide Squad or Superman and he chose the former. I'm honestly somewhat pleased that WB seems to still wanna do Supes. I think they are gonna be very careful with it though

If true it would at least be nice to know that Superman is still on their radar and that maybe the whole "replace Superman with Supergirl" stuff was either not true or an idea they've turned tail on.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If true it would at least be nice to know that Superman is still on their radar and that maybe the whole "replace Superman with Supergirl" stuff was either not true or an idea they've turned tail on.
    Well I think since they've dropped the focus on the shared universe idea, they're really just making standalones for anything they can. I wouldn't be surprised if they have someone writing a Supergirl script but there's so many movies in development that I doubt all of them will get made

That is a good sign that it's still on WB's radar. Though kinda glad Gunn passed. I don't really see him making a good Superman movie.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Lets reboot the whole thing and rip lots of stuff off from the new Shazam, Into the Spiderverse, and Harry Potter. Seriously, tell the story of Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes. Movie 1 they come to Smallville and have a future war against the Fatal Five. At the end of that movie, Boom! Boom Tube Opens and the Forever People take Superboy to Supertown! Movie three, from the bottom of the Multiverse an unknown threat returns. Superboy Prime emerges and challenges the one true Superboy. Superboy only survives with the help of Golden Age Superman, Silver Age Superman, Bronze Age Superman, Kon-El, Supergirl, Krypto, the entire multiverse of Supermen!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Rumor I heard was Superman would be in the Supergirl movie. Not sure how that works though if the Supergirl movie takes place in the 1970s. That would be before Kal-El got to Earth.
    Anyway I don't think either one is going to replace the other. There is room for both of them.

I think we can wrestle back the Henry Cavill concept. We've lost Affleck as Batman so in light of that I really, really hope DC keep Cavill.

Even though Justice League was a bit of a bust, I think some of it can be salvaged if certain elements of it's plot are used to set up the next Superman solo.

Keep Supes as the smiling, happy go lucky hero he was at the end of JL. He's now at peace with whatever internal conflict was eating him up and he's now cool with who he is and what he's doing.
    And have the villain be Darkseid. But Supes faces him alone. Just say all of JL was a setup for this new story.

Heard the other day that James Gunn was interested in this before settling on the new Suicide Squad. Shame really. I reckon Gunn could've given us something quite interesting. Even though he's not doing it, I think it needs a director of that kind someone with a unique sensibility. A bit off kilter.

Don't call it Man Of Steel 2. Call it "The Superman".

And you're laughing.
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    James Gunn was supposedly offered a choice to direct Suicide Squad or Superman and he chose the former. I'm honestly somewhat pleased that WB seems to still wanna do Supes. I think they are gonna be very careful with it though
    Jame Wan was also offered his choice of characters and chose Aquaman. The fact that no director wants to do a Superman movie is sort of telling. Gunn was also offered a lot of characters, including Green Lantern.
    I doubt WB would reject a director coming to them wanting to do a Superman movie but it doesn't seem like they are actively seeking a director for a Superman movie either.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Jame Wan was also offered his choice of characters and chose Aquaman.
    I thought it was common knowledge that Wan got a choice between Flash and Aquaman? You're the first time I'm hearing that Superman was included. Are you sourced, or just assuming?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

To me. If the films bring in the Legion of Superheroes and introduce him into Clark's past as a small retcon, then maybe the events of Man of Steel could be a bit lessen impact in the negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I thought it was common knowledge that Wan got a choice between Flash and Aquaman? You're the first time I'm hearing that Superman was included. Are you sourced, or just assuming?
    Wan was approached when Snyder was still head of the DCEU I believe, so Superman and Batman wouldn’t have been options for him.