View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Die Die Die #6

3 100.00%
  • Man-Eaters #4

0 0%

Default Weekly Image poll #52 - Massive week!1!! Many releases!!1! (Ok, only 2, I lied)

Ok sorry for the clickbait. There's only 2 comics this week. We use these threads to vote on the best one though!

Last week's poll ended in a stalemate between the apparantly very good issue of Days of Hate and the latest issue of Gideon Falls - which has been receiving the top votes for 9 months in a row now.

Let's check out this massive week:
    -Die Die Die #6 delivers a particularly rare flavour of anti-marketing this week, with another redacted cover, and solicitation text reading the following: "Wow! I can't believe that happens in this issue! Or that! Or that, that and that!!!" Helpful.
    -Man-Eaters #4, meanwhile, veers in the opposite direction. This week's comic is billed as a suitable entry point for new readers interested in the series about 12 year old girls fighting the patriarchy. This issue, called Cat Fight, serves as a stand-alone 'how to cat fight' manual, so ya know, it has educational purposes too!

Bonus question: I'm considering shaking up the format for these weekly threads for next year. Currently they don't spur a lot of discussion, and might even actively take discussion away from dedicated series threads. This makes me wonder whether a shake-up is necessary. Would you prefer a single ongoing thread throughout the year for example? Monthly ones only focussed on new series getting started? Do you like the poll aspect, or not at all? Should someone else write them? Let me know if you have any improvement ideas please!

die-die-die-6_fa8bf277a2.jpg man-eaters-4_ea9200dde5.jpg

I don't think the polls are hurting discussion. There just doesn't seem to be much discussion in general on the board.

I like the weekly thread. If nothing else, it reminds we what's out this week. That said, I didn't buy anything this week.

And that Man-Eaters comic... yikes. Like, all around yikes. Especially this issue. I generally like ideas like this, but I looked at this and thought it was awful.

Amazing Member

I like the weekly polls and the weekly thread. Personally haven't been actively posting here in a long time, but I try to swing by at least to see what the usual posters are excited about and what they are reading/buying that week. I only get new books shipped once a month so its hard post weekly since I usually haven't had a chance yet to read any of the books, and when I finally do get to reading them I am a few weeks behind.

I was able to finally catch up and read all Die Die Die 1 through 5, and i am liking the story and where it is going. looking forward to #6
    Man Eaters inst on my pull list.

First time in probably a year or a year in and a half that Image had only 2 books come out in any particular week. I hope its just due to the holiday timing and nothing to do with anything else.

Everyone puts out very little the last Wednesday of December. Every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Yosaltenberg View Post
    I like the weekly polls and the weekly thread. Personally haven't been actively posting here in a long time, but I try to swing by at least to see what the usual posters are excited about and what they are reading/buying that week. I only get new books shipped once a month so its hard post weekly since I usually haven't had a chance yet to read any of the books, and when I finally do get to reading them I am a few weeks behind.
    Yeah a lot of people have switched to trades, monthly deliveries, those occassional HumbleBundle packages, or just let issues pile up for a while before reading them in bigger chunks I think. The weekly threads have a kind of inherently shorter shelf-life due to that; they seem outdated within a week. That's why I wonder if there's a way to get people involved who aren't keeping up on a weekly basis. Thanks for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Everyone puts out very little the last Wednesday of December. Every year.
    Yup, last year I think there were a few more, but probably around 5 max or so. It's not really a time for people to go to their comic shops, you see the same with early January usually.

Amazing Member

There are a few series I read as soon as i get my hands on them, but i prefer to be able to read 3-6 issues in one sitting. I prefer to collect in the monthly floppies, but i would rather digest the content in larger chucks. I've heard people say something along the lines of, reading one issue of a comic series at a time is like watching 15 minutes of a movie and waiting a month to watch the next 15 minutes. Series that have been underway a long time, or series that i overlooked i will grab the trades instead of the floppies and reading through a series in trade form flows so much better

I like to see the weekly vote, even without being able to read the book first, i usually am able to vote on what i am looking forward to the most from that week. Not sure if i have a better suggestion to the weekly poles. Possibly trying to edit/add weekly content as it drops, but have a monthly thread? in that form though poles would be harder to manage, but we could come back to one thread over the month, post reply and keep a conversation going over multiple weeks

I look forward to your thread every week, even when I am not buying any Image books that week. I think you do a good job with it and I like to see what other people voted for and why. I hope you continue to use the poll system. If anything I'd like to see you expand it to the other publishers as well.

I am only able to get on here every so often which means I sometimes arrive too late to vote, which is a bummer. Maybe if you extended the vote by one additional week to give people time to catch up on what they bought last week, it might cause some more participation? I know that will mess up your "previously on..." recap as-is.

No matter what you decide, thanks for the work you constantly put into this!

Quote Originally Posted by Yosaltenberg View Post
    Possibly trying to edit/add weekly content as it drops, but have a monthly thread? in that form though poles would be harder to manage, but we could come back to one thread over the month, post reply and keep a conversation going over multiple weeks
    Yeah I think this might be worth trying, let's give it a shot for January and see whether people take to it!

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    I look forward to your thread every week, even when I am not buying any Image books that week. I think you do a good job with it and I like to see what other people voted for and why. I hope you continue to use the poll system. If anything I'd like to see you expand it to the other publishers as well.

I am only able to get on here every so often which means I sometimes arrive too late to vote, which is a bummer. Maybe if you extended the vote by one additional week to give people time to catch up on what they bought last week, it might cause some more participation? I know that will mess up your "previously on..." recap as-is.

No matter what you decide, thanks for the work you constantly put into this!
    Seeing your responses in 'closed' poll threads is one of the major reasons why I'm considering a slightly adapted format (along with many people moving away from reading weekly). It's just a bummer when people come in with comments that get no replies because the thread is a little older, hopefully moving to a monthly format will help sustain

Also, thanks for the kind words! I should mention this was never my idea though, GrooOdyssey used to run the weekly poll threads for a long while before others began stepping in on weeks when Groo wasn't able to. It's a nice way of having a weekly hub people can return to, even when they're not necessarily reading anything that week/month, so hopefully we can continue that.

I like the weekly polls. Thanks for doing them.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.