Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Which episodes would you do if you were in charge of plotting a 4th season of Batman '66

So, imagine NBC managed to produce a fouth season of Batman, you're Lorenzo Semple, Jr. and you have to decide the direction of the new season (maybe more campy, maybe more serious or maybe with more comic book characters).

THE GAME:
    1. DC characters and actors have to be available from Fall 1968 - Spring 1969 (sorry, as fun as it would be, no Harley, Killer Croc, Bane, Ventriloquist, or even Ra's al ghul, who'd debut the next year in comics).
    2. They ordered 50 Episodes. Plotting them is optional, you can go one by one or just give a general idea of the season, and you can list all 50 of them or just the few ideas you care about.
    3. It's important to define the regular cast. (Madge Blake passed in Feb 1969, keep that in mind).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE IS MY PITCH:

Ratings were dropping, the formila had become stagnant and introducing Batgirl din't really work out. So the show is retooled with a more flexible format, they go back to a lot of the season one tone, mainly with influence from the comics again and a more liberal censorship. So villains like False-Face, the Scarecrow, Two-face, Clayface, Man-Bat and Poison Ivy wouldn't be off limits this time. Burt Wart goes from regular to very recurring ad Robin and Yvonne Craig only appears a handful of times as Batgirl. Instead, we have special guest heroes, which serve to shake things up.

Regular cast:
    Batman - Adam West
    Alfred - Alan Napier
    Commissioner Gordon - Neil Hamilton
    Chief O'Hara - Stafford Repp
    Desmond Doomsday (Narrator) - William Dozier

Recurring guest stars:
    Burt Ward as Robin / Dick Grayson,
    Yvonne Craig as Batgirl / Barbara Gordon,
    Ace as Ace the Bat-hound.
    Madge Blake as Aunt Harriet (4)

1, 2. - "The Penguin's Star City Shake Down" / "Batman and Green Arrow's four star take down"
    The Penguin (Meredith) decides to move to Star City, Gotham's rival city from the North Pacific. However, he gets a double challenge as Batman and Robin team-up with Green Arrow (Larry Hagman) and Speedy (Any ideas??). Things get a bit more complicated as the feathered fink gets aid from Count Vertigo (Christopher Lee). Returning guest star: Madge Blake as Aunt Harriet.

3, 4. - "Breaking News: Two-Face Makes his Entrance" / "Newsflash: Batman Gets Dent a Second Chance"
    TV anchorman Harvey Dent (Clint Eastwood) becomes Two-Face. So, it's up to the dynamic duo to stop him so he can get medical treatment.

5, 6. - "The Joker and Gaggy's Pie Extravaganza" / "The Riddle's Justice Bonanza"
    The Joker (Romero) is back. This time, he and his new sidekick, Gaggy (Herve Villechaize), are marking their upcoming hits by throwing pies at their victims faces. With Robin gone to college Batman gets help from... The Riddler (Gorshin)? Returning guest star: Madge Blake as Aunt Harriet.

7, 8. - "The Master Plan of False-face" / "The New Look of Clayface"
    False-face (Malachi Throne) steals an experimental drug the Wayne Foundation is testing to help people who need reconstructive surgery. With the aid of Professor Milo (Moe Howard), he becomes Clayface, a new menace Batman and Batgirl have to face alone with ace.

9, 10. - "Catman Makes The Scene" / "Catwoman's Name Is Clean?"
    A cat-burglar is in town (Jack Lemon), so Batman has to help Catwoman (Newmar) clear her name.
    (NOTE: This would be the first time the villain isn't "returning" in his debut episode).

11, 12.- "Batgirl's training session" / "The Riddler learns his lesson"
    Batman decides to train Batgirl as his sidekick, but this job might be more than she can handle, as the Riddler (Gorshin) starts kidnapping all the Gotham City authorities.

13, 14.- "The Scarecrow's Frightening Toxin" / "Batgirl's Antidote Goes In"
    The Scarecrow (Richard Widmark) returns and infects Batman with his fear Toxin, so it's up to Commissioner Gordon and Chief O'Hara to find an antidote while Batgirl tries to stop the villain from poisoning the water supply.
    Returning guest star: Madge Blake as Aunt Harriet.

15, 16.- "The Elongated Man Gets His Mystery" / "Egghead's schemes are history"
    The World-Famous Elongated Man (Dick van Dyke) is in town and challenges Batman to solve the next big crime before he does. But he might have taken more than he can chew as Egghead (Price) returns. Can you imagine a worse day for photographer Vicky Vale (Shirley MacLaine) to try to expose Batman as Bruce Wayne?
    Guest star: Mary Taylor Moore as Sue Dibny.
    Last edited by Rafa-Rivas-2099; 07-30-2014 at 09:14 AM.

Fantastic Member

17.- The Gordons Go Homeless
    A Hillbilly, Billy Beau (Buddy Ebsen), who comes across Gotham City, hijacks Commissioner Gordon's home to be his, takes home over as his own, threatens anyone with a shotgun to anyone who come one step of his "property".

18.- "Batgirl's Night Out!"
    Batman is out of town, so Batgirl and Chief O'Hara have to defeat Killer Moth (Tim Herbert) on their own.

19, 20.- "Mystery of Zatanna's Missing Daddy" / "The Gateaway Genius Is a Lame Baddie"
    Batman and the Elongated Man team up to help Zatanna (Barbara Eden) find her father (Maurice Evans).
    Special Guest Villain: Paul Lynde as the Getaway Genius.

21, 22.- "The Doctor is in" / "The Doctor is sin"
    The Wayne Foundation gets help for King Tut (Buono), only his therapist turns out to be... Professor Hugo Strange (Leonard Nimoy)!

23. - "A New Villain of Pure Muscle"
    A new supervillain called Blockbuster (Lou Ferrigno) is plundering Gotham City, so, Batman and Robin have to figure out his identity.
    Special Guest Villain: Moe Howard as Professor Achilles Milo.

24. - "I Dream of a Bewitching Girl"
    The Joker (Romero) teams up with the Enchantress (Elizabeth Montgomery) to start a wave of supernatural crimes, so batman evens the field by bringing Zatanna to the game.

25, 26.- "A Fabulous Female Team" / "Batgirl and Catwoman supreme"
    Batman falls under the spell of Poison Ivy (Jane Fonda), so Catwoman and Batgirl have to set their differences aside to rescue him. Special Guest Star: Milton Berle as the reformed Louie the Lilac.

27, 28.- "The Cavalier is Charming Thief" / "Slam is the toughest Chief"
    In Chicago, the Cavalier (David Niven) steals the Star of India (an actual DC McGuffin with ties to Ellery Queen), so both the Dynamic Duo and Slam Bradley (Raymond Burr) try to find the criminal.

29, 30.- "Case of Egghead's Repeated Scheme" / "Better Have Bat-mite On Your Team" /
    King Tut and Egghead team-up to create Havok in Gotham City; however, Bat-Mite (Don Rickles) points a little problem with their ideas: Every single plan they can think about has done by other villlains. However, they trick the mite into give them his magical powers.

31, 32.- "The Teen Titan's New Teacher" / "The Mad Mod Has No Future"
    When Robin is kidnapped by the Mad Mod (Andy Warhol), Batman teams up with the Teen Titans to find him.
    Returning guest star: Madge Blake as Aunt Harriet.

33.- "Green Arrow Is Out of Time"
    The Clock King (Slezak) is back, but since he brought along some stolen clocks form Star City, he'll have to face both Batman and Green Arrow.

34.- "Shame's Latest Showdown"
    Shame (Robertson) returns but with Vigilante (John Wayne) in town, the Dynamic Duo have more than enough help.

35, 36.- "Alfred's Odd Change" / "The Professors are Strange"
    Professor Hugo Strange and Achilles Milo team up to transform Alfred into the Outsider, so they can steal from the Wayne Foundation.

37, 38.- "Calendar Man's Ultimate Prank" / "...Wasn't that Good to be Frank"
    It's April Fools' day so both the Joker and the Calendar Man (Walter Mathau) are trying to play the best prank on Gotham. Without a partner, Batman decides to team-up with Wildcat (Anthony Quinn).

39, 40.- "The Underworld's Vilest Team" / "The World's Finest Always Win".
    Lex Luthor (Telly Savalas) trades enemies with the Penguin, so it's up to Batman to stop him and up to Superman (any ideas?) to catch the feathered fink. Starring Sally Field as Lois Lane, Shirley MacLaine as Vicky Vale, Barry Williams as Jimmy Olsen and Buddy Ebsen as Perry White.

41, 42.- "The Plot of Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum" / "Batman and Columbo Foil It Way Too Soon"
    Cousins Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum (Frank and Fred Cox) have the perfect alibi to steal from the guest at their creepy motel, but the Dynamic Duo team up with Lt. Columbo to figure out their scheme.

43, 44.- "It's a Wonderful Mission" / "The Crooks Go to Prision"
    Wonder Woman (No idea here) disappeared in a Europe mission, so the US government sends Batman and Robin to find her. Special Guest Villains: Cesar Romer as the Joker and Anne Baxter as Paula von Gunther.

45, 46.- "A Cavalier Attitude" / "Catwoman's Gratitude"
    Catwoman seems to be back to her old ways, at least that's what newcomer Black Canary (Kim Novak) seems to think, so Batman has to prove her wrong. Special Guest Villain: David Niven as the Cavalier.

47. - "The Serpent Society's Overkilling Strike!"
    Just as the Penguin and his ultimate gang strike, Copperhead (Bill Cosby) and Cobra King (Robert Culp) start a crime spree as the Serpent Society, with Batman and Robin unavailable, it's up to Batgirl to save the day.

48, 49, 50. - "The Penguin Goes Big" / "A City under Siege" / "Our Heroes of Another League"
    The Penguin, teams up with the Scarecrow, Clayface, Blockbuster, Dr. Milo, Poison Ivy, Killer Moth and Cavalier to take over Gotham for a week, so Batman has to gather his own team of superheroes to defeat him. So yes, you can expect to see Robin, Green Arrow, Elongated Man, Zatanna, Black Canary, Catwoman, Vigilante and Wildcat in this one.

Contributions: Red = Exile001, Blue=NGroove.

NOTE: I NEED IDEAS FOR SPEEDY, WONDER WOMAN AND SUPERMAN (George Reeves is dead).

To go for 60:
    *"The Penguin and I": Bruce Wayne is appointed to parole Catwoman, but he gets... The Penguin.
    **"The Wittiest Foe": With the aid of Johnny Witts (Johnny Carson), Ma Parker seems to be one step ahead, setting trap after trap and getting all the mones. Batman and Robin must figure out how Johnny's secret does it!
    *"Peek-A-Fear": Basically "The Man Who Radiated Fear!"
    *"The Riddle-less Robberies": Batman #179.
    **"And Eggcellent Neighbor" / "Some Crooked Police Labor": Chief O'Hara goes ballistic when Egghead becomes his incredibly annoying next-door neighbor, but he gets the upper hand as Miles turns out to be... a thief?
    *"Imp-osed Help": Batman and Robin are trying to catch Johnny Witts (Johnny Carson), a task that couldn't be harder... Until Bat-Mite (Don Rickles) arrives.
    *"A Canine Detective" Killer Moth heist is foiled by a dog named Ace, who is now the dynamic duo's only clue about the villain's next hit.
    **A road episode with Shame and Egghead escaping together.
    *Batman and the Elongated man against the Phantom General (Werner Klemperer!)
    Last edited by Rafa-Rivas-2099; 08-06-2014 at 12:06 AM.

I would of introduced Teen Titans and have them help Batman out every so often

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Rivas-2099 View Post
    Here is my pitch
    Those are some pretty inspired casting choices!

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Very cool ideas. I wonder if 1970 would have been too soon for the Nightwing concept to have been brought into the TV show, though the comics wouldn't even have the concept until fourteen years later.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    I would of introduced Teen Titans and have them help Batman out every so often
    Who would you cast?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
    Those are some pretty inspired casting choices!
    There's nothing more pleasant than a comment like that after so much work in a useless list, haha. It's fun to work the imagination, anyway.

Some choices are pretty obvious, like Jane Fonda, some are fun references like Barbara Eden and some are recast easter eggs. I'm particularly proud of Moe Howard as Professor Milo. I'd have loved to see him abusing his assistants and poking Robin's eyes.

I don't know if Ray Walston as the Martian Manhunter would have been pushing it too far. The Martian was completely out of the picture in those days, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Very cool ideas. I wonder if 1970 would have been too soon for the Nightwing concept to have been brought into the TV show, though the comics wouldn't even have the concept until fourteen years later.

I think robin went to college a while before he became Nightwing. For the series, I think it would make sense. Kinda like the way Lois and Clark married in the series first because it was the next logical step despite the comics not doing it yet.

Incredible Member

1968-1969 Batman Season IV: 21 additional episodes order

Batman / Adam West
    Robin / Burt Ward
    Batgirl / Yvonne Craig
    Alfred / Alan Napier
    Commissioner Gordon / Neil Hamilton
    Chief O' Hara / Stafford Repp

S4, E.1-2: A Most Refreshing Joke / Better Than Coke: The Joker (Caesar Romero) hatches up a new plan, just for the laughs; "Happy Tyme Cola, Now With Extra Smile" (operating a soda plant, injecting laughing formula in each bottle).

S4, E.3-4: Have Some Flowers / May Bring Showers: A hippie epidemic is spreading all over Gotham, particularly on Rock N' Roll Concerts, and it appears this "Mother Nature" (Mama Cass Elliott) is not far behind (gaining influence of hippie following; using them as diversion to public, while she steals ticket sales)

S4, E.5-6: One Step Ahead Every Time / Rhythm and Rhyme: Adaption of Detective Comics #344 ("The Crime-Boss Who Was Always One Step Ahead Of Batman") Johnny Witts (Dick Van Dyke)

S4, E.7-8: Original Comedy Antics / Almost Time to Get Frantic: Adaption of Batman #186 ("The Joker's Original Robberies") Joker (Caesar Romero), Gaggy Gagsworthy (Herve Villechaize)

S4 E.9: Penguin On Parole: The Penguin (Burgess Meredith), actually seeming on release on good behavior, apparently on the straight, being the decent citizen. However, when on sight of umbrellas, is it all truly as it seems?

S4 E.10: Be A Good Neighbor: HillBilly Bob (Buddy Ebsen), who comes across Gotham City, hijacks Commissioner Gordon's home, takes over as his own, threatens anyone with a shotgun to anyone who come one step of his "property".

S4 E.11-12: Gotham City In A Mess / In Games of Chess: With concealed bombs strategically placed on select buildings of society in Gotham, the fate of the city rests in Batman's hands, whether he may win in a game of chess against the King (Paul Lynde).

S4 E.13: Another Ruse of the Riddler: The Riddler (Jerry Lewis), exploiting his own sensational criminal reputation, hosts his own mystery show television program, "Puzzles In Peril", with subliminal "riddles" to his next locations and articles of his crimes.

S4 E.14-15: The Phoenix's Flight / Hold On Tight: The Phoenix (Vincent Price), a mad criminal, whom in his matches against Batman & Robin, seemingly involves himself in a series of "deaths", only to "come back", stronger than ever.

S4 E.16: The Joker's Pies: The Joker (Caesar Romero), throws his supplies of "Cold" Cream Pies all over the faces of the Citizens of Gotham. Taking all of the Cosmetic Shipments for ransom, just how much is the people actually willing to pay?

S4 E.17-18: A Purrr-fect Take / All That Is In Stake: Catwoman (Barbara McNair), hearing of the rare "Silver Tiger" in Gotham Zoo, succeeds in breaking it loose, despite the Dynamic Duo's interference, followed by apparent taming it to be her obedient "pet" in her next wave of crimes.

S4 E.19: Genius Of the Getaway Gimmicks: Adaption of Batman #170, Getaway Genius (Guy Williams)

S4 E.20: Queen For The Days: A spoiled Gotham fashion symbol, Mindy McPherson, aka Queen Bee (Darlene Gillespie), takes over the Department Stores of Gotham.

S4 E.21: Graduation Day: After foiling the Joker (Caesar Romero) and Gaggy (Herve Villechaize)'s latest "Funny Pictures" caper in the Gotham Art Museum, Bruce Wayne and Alfred, with (most) of Gotham behind them, attends Richard Grayson's High School Graduation Ceremony. NOTE: Special Scene, Bruce Wayne visiting, placing flowers, on Aunt Harriet's grave, in the memory of Madge Blake.
    Last edited by ngroove; 07-28-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Fantastic Member

I truly hate you.

I forgot that I wanted to use both Johnny Witts and the Gateaway Genius. I've always though they should make a comeback along with the Human Erarser (remodeled after "The Wolf" from Pulp Fiction). I didn't think about Gaggy, though, which is a great idea. If I had 10 more eps, I'd include all of them.

I'm very jealous of your ability to put together many of those plots (and titles). Particularly 1-2, 9, 10, 11-12, 16. The Penguin on Parole is a fun idea. With proper credits, I might borrow them for my list.

The recasting of the Riddler, Catwoman, Vincent Price feels like something that would happen, as do the made up villains. Queen Bee kinda echoes the Puzzler, the Clock King and the Archer.

I kinda emphasized the Penguin as the leading villain in that series, you kinda went in the opposite direction, evening and elevating the Joker's count.
    Last edited by Rafa-Rivas-2099; 07-28-2014 at 08:22 PM.

BANNED

Wanna see Yvonne Craig get too fat for her purple leotards.

Incredible Member

It's too easy to see Penguin episodes, in usual dime-a-dozen villain scripts - replace that jewel encrusted cat article with jewel encrusted bird article. Personally, my favorite depictions of him, across most media - comics, television, movie - is the ones where he seemingly "changed his feathers" and either very almost convincingly, becomes a noble legitimate member of society, to match his tails, hat, and monocle, even enough to elect for political power - or, I'd assume sometimes, he's at least somewhat "changed", until the next we see him. My script idea, whether he's truly "changed" or not, I'll leave that ambiguity to your imaginations.

Maybe thinking a "Two-Face" episode(s) after all, but rather than Clint Eastwood, how "interesting" would it be if the choice to play him would be Ronald Reagan?
    Last edited by ngroove; 07-29-2014 at 08:01 AM.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Rivas-2099 View Post
    1, 2. - The Penguin (Meredith) decides to move to Star City, Gotham's rival city from the North Pacific. However, he gets a double challenge as Batman and Robin team-up with Green Arrow (Larry Hagman) and Speedy (Any ideas??). Things get a bit more complicated as the feathered fink gets aid from Count Vertigo (Christopher Lee). Returning guest star: Madge Blake as Aunt Harriet.

The Penguin's Star City shake down/Batman and co.s four star take down.

9, 10. - A cat-burglar is in town (Jack Lemon), so Batman has to help Catwoman (Newmar) clear her name.
    (NOTE: This would be the first time the villain isn't "returning" in his debut episode).

Catman makes the scene/Catwoman's name is clean?

11, 12.- Batman decides to train Batgirl as his sidekick, but this job might be more than she can handle, as the Riddler (Gorshin) starts kidnapping all the Gotham City authorities.

Batgirl's training session/The Riddler learns his lesson

15, 16.- The World-Famous Elongated Man (Dick van Dyke) is in town and challenges Batman to solve the next big crime before he does. But he might have taken more than he can chew as Egghead (Price) returns. Can you imagine a worse day for photographer Vicky Vale (Shirley MacLaine) to try to expose Batman as Bruce Wayne?
    Guest star: Mary Taylor Moore as Sue Dibny.

Batman's greatest mystery/Egghead's schemes are history

17.- "Love thy Neighbor": A Hillbilly, Billy Beau (Buddy Ebsen), who comes across Gotham City, hijacks Commissioner Gordon's home to be his, takes home over as his own, threatens anyone with a shotgun to anyone who come one step of his "property".
    (NOTE: This plot is a 100% stolen from Ngroove).

A case of stolen property/Billy Beau returns to poverty

18.- Batman is out of town, so Batgirl and Jason have to defeat Killer Moth (Tim Herbert) on their own.

I don't joke about Killer Moth!

21, 22.- The Wayne Foundation gets help for King Tut (Buono), only his therapist turns out to be... Professor Hugo Strange (Leonard Nimoy)!

The Doctor is in/The Doctor is sin (I had to do it!)

25, 26.- Batman falls under the spell of Poison Ivy (Jane Fonda), so Catwoman and Batgirl have to set their differences aside to rescue him. Special Guest Star: Milton Berle as the reformed Louie the Lilac.

A fabulous female team/Batgirl and Catwoman supreme

39, 40.- "The Underworld's Vilest / The World's Finest". Lex Luthor (Telly Savalas) trades enemies with the Penguin, so it's up to Batman to stop him and up to Superman (any ideas?) to catch the feathered fink. Starring Sally Field as Lois Lane, Shirley MacLaine as Vicky Vale, Barry Williams as Jimmy Olsen and Buddy Ebsen as Perry White.

Lex Luthor's finest hour/Luthor's plan goes sour

45, 46.- Catwoman seems to be back to her old ways, at least that's what newcomer Black Canary (Kim Novak) seems to think, so Batman has to prove her wrong. Special Guest Villain: David Niven as the Cavalier.

A Cavalier attitude/Catwoman's gratitude

47. - Just as the Penguin and his ultimate gang strike, Copperhead (Bill Cosby) and Cobra King (Robert Culp) start a crime spree as the Serpent Society, with Batman and Robin unavailable, it's up to Batgirl to save the day.

The Serpent Society strike/Bad guys take a hike

48, 49, 50. -The Penguin, teams up with the Scarecrow, Clayface, Blockbuster, Dr. Milo, Poison Ivy, Killer Moth and Cavalier to take over Gotham for a week, so Batman has to gather his own team of superheroes to defeat him. So yes, you can expect to see Robin, Green Arrow, Elongated Man, Zatanna, Black Canary, Catwoman, Vigilante and Wildcat in this one.

A city under seige/Our heroes in another league (bit of a stretch, that one)

NOTE: I NEED IDEAS FOR SPEEDY, WONDER WOMAN AND SUPERMAN (George Reeves is dead).
    This is a great list, but missing the terrible (ofthen forced) pun titles! They were the best part! I've come up with a few (ran out of time), everyone go nuts!

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Maybe thinking a "Two-Face" episode(s) after all, but rather than Clint Eastwood, how "interesting" would it be if the choice to play him would be Ronald Reagan?
    Reagan had already started his political career at that point, and was no longer doing entertainment work.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Reagan had already started his political career at that point, and was no longer doing entertainment work.

Did not stop Jesse Ventura, or Arnold Schwarzenegger, to some degrees, during their governor careers.

Just sayin', I just remembered, from "Back To The Future", Doc, in disbelief, "Ronald Reagan the Actor?" as Ronald Reagan the President.

Reagan, like many other of the guests, by that point, had long established, Hollywood careers, but never hurted that quick jolt of the gimmick of being Bat-Villainized, to briefly make them pop culturally relevant again, for at least that one last time under the lens.
    Last edited by ngroove; 07-29-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    This is a great list, but missing the terrible (ofthen forced) pun titles! They were the best part! I've come up with a few (ran out of time), everyone go nuts!
    Thank, you! I'll keep most of your contributions, if you don't mind. However, I'll snowball some of them. I was having a hard time starting them from zero.

Since season, two had 60 episodes, I guess I still have space for 5 more plot ideas. I take suggestions. I want to use Johnny Witts, Eivol Ekdal and Marsha.

Fantastic Member

Editing mistake.

But seriously, any casting ideas for Wonder Woman and Superman?
    Last edited by Rafa-Rivas-2099; 07-30-2014 at 09:48 AM.