Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What Marvel Event Do You Feel Was The Best And Had The Most Satisfying Ending?

There have been many Marvel events over the past 2 decades, some very controversial and some not well liked.

Out of all of the events over the past 20 years, which one(s) has been the most satisfying?

Please refrain from rehashing old arguments about the events you did not like for reasons.

My pick would be ANNIHILATION.

Reasons?

Villain who is a clear villain: Annihilus
    Heroic hero: Nova. No morally ambiguous hero.
    Good crisp story-telling: The whole writing team did a bang up job.
    Feats: Very good feats throughout the various stories
    Very satisfying ending.

Secret Empire, if you read the entire 60+ issue run leading up to it, via both the #10 and Generations Cap. Emotions! Ew!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Secret Empire, if you read the entire 60+ issue run leading up to it, via both the #10 and Generations Cap. Emotions! Ew!
    What about Omega? I thought it was a great philosophical confrontation between the two versions of Steve Rogers that made a very great statement about what Captain America really stood for.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    What about Omega? I thought it was a great philosophical confrontation between the two versions of Steve Rogers that made a very great statement about what Captain America really stood for.
    I love Omega, but it's less emotional payoff with conclusion and more of a look on the darker parts of the aftermath with teases for the future. I really like that about its structure. They kept #10 conclusive, uplifting, and satisfying, kept the last issue in Gens exclusively for Sam and his relationship to Steve, and had a separate issue to show where the pieces on the wider MU chessboard were going. They should always do it like that, so that the epilogue isn't the real and necessary end of the event's story, the actual last issue is.

#FreeStevil #HelmutIsLonely #JambaJuice

I love Omega, but it's less emotional payoff with conclusion and more of a look on the darker parts of the aftermath with teases for the future. I really like that about its structure. They kept #10 conclusive, uplifting, and satisfying, kept the last issue in Gens exclusively for Sam and his relationship to Steve, and had a separate issue to show where the pieces on the wider MU chessboard were going. They should always do it like that, so that the epilogue isn't the real and necessary end of the event's story, the actual last issue is.

#FreeStevil #HelmutIsLonely #JambaJuice
    Do you think they should keep Stevil around? He's appeared in Punisher so far.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Ding ding ding, you got it right on take first try. Annhiliation is the best event Marvel has produced in 20 years and the sequel was pretty damn good, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Do you think they should keep Stevil around? He's appeared in Punisher so far.
    Freevil Stevil better be a last page reveal in War of the Realms, get his own mini-series written by Spencer (just like The Batman Who Laughs), and be the biggest baddie of Jason's Vengies run. I will do unspeakable things to make this happen.

Freevil Stevil better be a last page reveal in War of the Realms, get his own mini-series written by Spencer (just like The Batman Who Laughs), and be the biggest baddie of Jason's Vengies run. I will do unspeakable things to make this happen.
    I think Marvel beat you to it.

Astonishing Member

Secret Wars Vol1#12.
    Story wise the limited series keeps being a page turner in all chapters.
    The conclusion is way cool. And it does have a closure to the main story, but at the same time it makes relevant changes to the super heroes appearing at this event for the future.
    Art wise, Mike Zeck and Bob Layton do a great work in the art through the twelve issues.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Secret Wars Vol1#12.
    Story wise the limited series keeps being a page turner in all chapters.
    The conclusion is way cool. And it does have a closure to the main story, but at the same time it makes relevant changes to the super heroes appearing at this event for the future.
    Art wise, Mike Zeck and Bob Layton do a great work in the art through the twelve issues.
    Good choice but we want an event in the last 20 years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Good choice but we want an event in the last 20 years.
    Oops.
    Thats right,My bad.Secret Wars 1 have more that 20 years.
    I will think of another event.

Astonishing Member

Avengers vs X-Men#12.
    Story wise or art wise the 12th issue is a very good ending to one of my favorite events.

In addition to Annihilation and Secret Empire, which have already been mentioned, I'd throw in JLA/Avengers. Nothing outright amazing or ground breaking about it, but it was a feel good story that was crafting with an amazing attention to continuity and detail you just don't fine in comics all that often anymore.

Mighty Member

Annihilation because of this panel when Richard gets back to Earth which is right after Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In addition to Annihilation and Secret Empire, which have already been mentioned, I'd throw in JLA/Avengers. Nothing outright amazing or ground breaking about it, but it was a feel good story that was crafting with an amazing attention to continuity and detail you just don't fine in comics all that often anymore.
    Totally agree. I also enjoyed JLA/Avengers. And since you're the one who brought up Kurt Busiek & George Perez, I'll also add their collaboration with Fabian Nicieza & Mark Bagley on their Avengers/Thunderbolts crossover event (The Nefaria Protocols). Certainly one of my favorite eras of the Avengers, and definitely my favorite era of the Thunderbolts.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-31-2018 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Made a correction.