Default Horror manga recommendation

Anyone here read manga?

Can you recommend me interesting horror manga?

Off the top of my head...

Uzumaki will mess your brain up.

Death Note is more of a suspense thriller but there are moments of perfect horror in there as well.

Wolf Guy starts out like a shonen story and slowly turns into a really effed up spatter horror. There's a lot of body horror and rape (of both genders) in that one, so definitely take your time to consider if you can handle that sort of thing. It's a real Eli Roth kinda manga.

Battle Royal's manga adaption is still one of the most intensely uneasy things I've ever read. The art's beautiful, and the characters are memorable, but the violence and gore are insane.

Parasyte is scary as F***. It had a really slick anime adaptation a couple years back, but the manga version with the simpler art style is actually way more effective because when it transitions to its horror elements, it feels like it comes out of nowhere.
    You're like Witches in Salem. Just fuel for my fire.

If you're familiar with Rumiko Takahashi, you might like her Mermaid:
    -Mermaid's Forest
    -Mermaid's Scar
    -Mermaid's Promise
    -Mermaid's Dream
    -Mermaid's Gaze
    -Mermaid's Mask
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-27-2018 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Made a correction.

Astonishing Member

School Ningyo (School Mermaid)

Author: YOSHITOMI Akihito

Description
    Two girls go hunting for mermaids to win their true love. Featuring very untraditional mermaids

Spectacular Member

I Am A Hero - Zombies, but like you've probably never seen them before:

Ajin - Goes a bit more into the Shounen direction, but contains enough Horror:

Monster - More psychological thriller than horror, but i think it still fits and is as amazing as the other Urasawa manga(has also a pretty good anime though):

Last edited by Rightoya; 01-06-2019 at 08:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

Kichikujima (Freak Island)

Description
    University students shipwrecked and forced to board a deserted island with a serial killer.

Astonishing Member

title: Zekkyou Gakkyuu

translations: Scary Lessons; Screaming Class; Screaming Lessons

Zekkyou Gakkyuu summary:
    Welcome to the classes of horror! I will be your guide to a world that lurks under everyday life. For these lessons, you don't need text books or notebooks. If you're prepared for the worst...

title: Mushihime

translation: Insect Princess

Description
    A dark romance story about a high school boy who falls helplessly in love with a beautiful girl who has to eat people to survive.

title: Chikai no Noah

translation: Noah of the Blood Sea

Description
    When a family of three book passage on a luxury liner they soon realize that the glamours cruise ship is nothing but a facade as a series of mysterious killings spread throughout the ship. With the sea proving no escape, how will they survive?

Kyou Mei Machi

Description
    It all started with the sound of an insect...out of the blue they became feral. Women infected with this sound became known as the "crazies" who infect other women and attack men exclusively. The resulting chaos devastated Japans populations as 70 percent perished, forcing the international community to cut off Japan from the rest of the world.

title: Pumpkin Night

Description
    A deformed female human goes out with a pumpkin on her head to kill all who bullied her in the past.

title: Doku Mushi

Description
    A group of very different people wake up together in the sealed environment of an abandoned school building. They include the college students Yumi and Reiji, a cabaret girl named Akane, an occult-obsessed salaryman named Yukitoshi, a punk factory worker named Toshio, an unemployed pedophile named Taichi, and a 9-year-old girl named Michika. The building in which they find themselves has running water, no food, and a timer set for seven days. When they find a cleaver and a hot pot in an upstairs classroom, they begin to guess the intention behind their imprisonment; they're meant to kill and eat one another to survive. In principle, they should be able to survive just by waiting out the seven days in hunger, but nothing is ever that simple.

You can’t go wrong with Junji Ito!! I highly recommend ‘Shiver’ for some short stories and ‘Uzumaki’ if you want something longer!!
    Gideon Falls, Immortal Hulk, The Wicked + The Divine, Die, Batman, Paper Girls, Saga, The Walking Dead, Black Hammer, Man-Eaters, Outcast, Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, The Empty Man, She Could Fly, B.P.R.D., Ice Cream Man, Hex Wives, Sparrowhawk, Oblivion Song, Redlands, Umbrella Academy, Monstress, The Seeds, Little Bird